BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 29/09/2021 at 17:11, Ben Frost said:

This is criticism for the sake of criticising. Because if the Ben Brereton of 6 months ago had been given a lucrative and lengthy contract extension by Rovers, there would have been uproar on here, probably led by yourself. 

Completely disagree. The "lucrative" part was placed in there by you and was not mentioned. The simple fact of the matter is that there would have been no need for any lucrative contract six months ago as it was pre-Diaz. However, he had a generally good season last year as a 21 year-old. He was one of our best players, albeit inconsistently. Seeing as we'd invested a lot in him and he was showing improvement, then of course a contract for a 21 year-old was a no-brainer. We seem to forget about his age at times, but Ben is 18 months younger than Lewis Travis. He has plenty of time to improve.

Secondly, while I agree that tying down players on long-term contracts needs to be considered beforehand, this should be less concerning if they are young. They can still improve and they still retain their resale value more consistently than, say, 30 year-olds be given long contracts. The long contracts given to the likes of Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans and so on need to be more carefully considered than those given to youngsters showing promise. 

We now solely have an extra one-year option. So, Ben will likely be touted around next summer as our new Armstrong. With just one year left on his contract, we won't be able to dictate terms so much. 

• Like 5

Got a new student, from Chile, in the evening class I teach. He even looks like BBD 😂 with the same beard, hairstyle etc - it must be something of a meme over there. Anyway we were chatting after the class and he said he was a big fan of BBD and would consider taking up with Rovers as his second club,  first allegiance being to Manure.. I think we will rapidly have a new convert, once he's been to a couple of games at Ewood, & the full impact of the baffling tactical genius that gurns and skulks in the dugout turns his head..🤪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Got a new student, from Chile, in the evening class I teach. He even looks like BBD 😂 with the same beard, hairstyle etc - it must be something of a meme over there. Anyway we were chatting after the class and he said he was a big fan of BBD and would consider taking up with Rovers as his second club,  first allegiance being to Manure.. I think we will rapidly have a new convert, once he's been to a couple of games at Ewood, & the full impact of the baffling tactical genius that gurns and skulks in the dugout turns his head..🤪

Fail him.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We now solely have an extra one-year option. So, Ben will likely be touted around next summer as our new Armstrong. With just one year left on his contract, we won't be able to dictate terms so much. 

Hmm, what's the betting that we let Forest stick another silly sell on clause up our arsehole whilst they had our pants down?

I wonder if Venky's will try and cash in on Brereton in January while he is a hot property. Dack was definitely going in Jan 2020 and Armstrong was always going to go in the summer. Sell any major assets seems to be the order of the day.

I'm sure it will be discussed if Mowbray is going to Pune next week. Venky's interest in the club ( if they have any at all ) is currently based on running costs rather than success on the pitch. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Brereton has 10 goals for the season and he took his goal very well yesterday. Its vital that we get him to sign a new long term deal

On 29/09/2021 at 17:30, roversfan99 said:

Because they are the ones who control the money and give the budget. The issues with the contracts are financial from everything in the public domain.

But don't get involved in contract negotiations tho. The budget is big enough to offer them new improve contracts. Waggott and the club do the contract negotiations 

Depends what the financial issues are tho. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton has 10 goals for the season and he took his goal very well yesterday. Its vital that we get him to sign a new long term deal

But don't get involved in contract negotiations tho. The budget is big enough to offer them new improve contracts. Waggott and the club do the contract negotiations 

Depends what the financial issues are tho. 

How could you possibly know that?

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How could you possibly know that?

Waggott has said they have been offered a new improve contracts during his interview which is in the public domain. 

Plus we have lost the out of contract players from last summer who were very decent salaries like Evens, Holtby, Bennett, etc. So there is money available. Plus we gave new contracts to Buckley, Carter, Dolan, over recent times. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clearly not enough as its not signed.

Well we see what happens in the coming months. 

Players are assessing their options like they are allow to. 

But as you seen this past summer, Most championship clubs are in a financial reset where they arent overpaying in wages and not paying transfer fees

Hard to complain too much. It was his call-up to Chile and his performances this summer that have transformed him into this confident striker. Being an international playing against the likes of Brazil is increasing the fee we will eventually get for him massively and is making him the most famous player outside of the Premiership.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Hard to complain too much. It was his call-up to Chile and his performances this summer that have transformed him into this confident striker. Being an international playing against the likes of Brazil is increasing the fee we will eventually get for him massively and is making him the most famous player outside of the Premiership.

Personally I don't think we will miss him that much.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton set to play in all 3 games for Chile and will miss the Coventry game 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19622244.blackburn-rovers-strike-new-agreement-chile-ben-brereton/

The article on the Rovers site says that Chiles final game is on the 10th Oct, The Coventry game is on the 16th. Why could he not play ?

Edited by rigger

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

The article on the Rovers site says that Chiles final game is on the 10th Oct, The Coventry game is on the 16th. Why could he not play ?

I think the official Rovers site has dropped a bollock with their dates for Chiles third game. So he won't be available for Coventry.

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I don't think we will miss him that much.

really. He has been Rovers main goalscorer and proved his worth in the games. 10 goals in 11 league games this season

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Here is Ben Brereton interview who explained that he won't be back in the UK until Friday night. Might be option on bench for the Coventry game. Plus Chile play at Venezuela on 15th Oct at 1am UK time.  

• Like 1

I thought Rovers and Chile had an arrangement whereby BB is available to play for Chile in the first 2 games then returns to UK to isolate and hence misses Coventry, and maybe the next one too.

I read that somewhere.

* Just watched that above video. ...... so isolation means available to play. Weird.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought Rovers and Chile had an arrangement whereby BB is available to play for Chile in the first 2 games then returns to UK to isolate and hence misses Coventry, and maybe the next one too.

I read that somewhere.

* Just watched that above video. ...... so isolation means available to play. Weird.

Yeah, that certainly didn't make any sense: "so I get back on Friday, have to isolate in a hotel for 10 days but should be ok for the Coventry game" 😵