BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

38 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, that certainly didn't make any sense: "so I get back on Friday, have to isolate in a hotel for 10 days but should be ok for the Coventry game" 😵

Found this. Seems things have changed a bit but still unlikely for Coventry game:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/october/04/brereton-available-for-full-international-schedule/

So ......... how TF does he social distance during a game and when he scores

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought Rovers and Chile had an arrangement whereby BB is available to play for Chile in the first 2 games then returns to UK to isolate and hence misses Coventry, and maybe the next one too.

I read that somewhere.

* Just watched that above video. ...... so isolation means available to play. Weird.

The quarantine rules have changed.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Probably realising they dropped an almighty clanger with that one! At the moment it seems like the only way Diaz won't hit the 20 goal mark is if he picks up an injury which keeps him out for a couple of months. I'm assuming in the event we sold him in January the bet would also be voided? It seems unlikely that it would happen, but if BBD's agent makes it clear a new contract won't be signed - even if the one-year extenstion is triggered - there may be a temptation at the club to cash out whilst his value is potentially at its peak. 

Edited by DE.

5 hours ago, DE. said:

Probably realising they dropped an almighty clanger with that one! At the moment it seems like the only way Diaz won't hit the 20 goal mark is if he picks up an injury which keeps him out for a couple of months. I'm assuming in the event we sold him in January the bet would also be voided? It seems unlikely that it would happen, but if BBD's agent makes it clear a new contract won't be signed - even if the one-year extenstion is triggered - there may be a temptation at the club to cash out whilst his value is potentially at its peak. 

Yeah totally agree, it’s tempting but surely he’s going to hit the 20 mark. If he goes on a run of say no goals in 8 may start to get worried, but everything he seems to touch at the moment turns to gold. 

Edited by Gordon Gekko

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Yeah totally agree, it’s tempting but surely he’s going to hit the 20 mark. If he goes on a run of say no goals in 8 may start to get worried, but everyone he seems to touch at the moment turns to gold. 

Because there's no precedent for this situation, based on BBD's historical strike rate, it's really tough to call. The Chile call up has obviously done wonders for his confidence, and I think he's benefitting massively from Armstrong's departure and the opportunity to take more shots. Right now it seems like the only way his momentum could be hampered is by injury, or being Mowbrayed somehow. I've got no skin in the game, so to speak, so I can't say what I'd do, but considering we're looking at another disappointing season it would be really cool if some Rovers fans got a nice payout from this bet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Yeah totally agree, it’s tempting but surely he’s going to hit the 20 mark. If he goes on a run of say no goals in 8 may start to get worried, but everyone he seems to touch at the moment turns to gold. 

The fact that he’s our penalty taker these days as well would suggest that he’ll get plenty of chances to notch.

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Wasn't a great many other options though was there?

When I initially saw this on Facebook I assumed it was the league player of the month. We are doing our own club player of the month award now? When did that start? Seems a bit pointless.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

When I initially saw this on Facebook I assumed it was the league player of the month. We are doing our own club player of the month award now? When did that start? Seems a bit pointless.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It is another, tallest dwarf syndrome.

19 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

They are offering cash outs on the Brereton Diaz bet! I’ve got a fiver on at 500/1, tempting but think I’m going to let it roll.

C1512B5E-EF30-40D6-835B-E4D773B066AA.png

EF1246B9-5456-4741-9ED7-60AE88EE3691.jpeg

Am I reading that wrong - or are they offering you over £1,250 to cash out? I'd be taking that!!!

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Stick with the original bet

They're offering over half of the money now though? 

I know he's got 34 games (with him missing at least Coventry) to score 10 more, but all it takes is an injury or to him to revert to form of previous years. I'd be cashing out.

£1,258.50 is not a bad return off a fiver!

46 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

As I mentioned (probably this thread) a couple of weeks ago, my lad had a tenner on at 1000 to 1. He has had his offer of £5000 to cash out…

I guess it depends entirely on his personal situation, but I'm taking that. He'd be gutted if he ended up moving in January, getting injured or reverting to his previous scoring form.

How often do Rovers have a 20 league goal a season striker? Armstrong, Rhodes, Gestede, Jansen....then are we at Shearer?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

They are offering cash outs on the Brereton Diaz bet! I’ve got a fiver on at 500/1, tempting but think I’m going to let it roll.

C1512B5E-EF30-40D6-835B-E4D773B066AA.png

EF1246B9-5456-4741-9ED7-60AE88EE3691.jpeg

Let it ride. Good effort though. My mate has £10 at 1000/1 think he said but not sure when would have put that on. I also know a nob end fan who put £10 on at 500/1 after the other lad made his bet as didn’t want to be left out. He now looks out for rovers results, well goal scorers, before their games.

I did my best to convince them at 8 career league goals he wouldn’t get into double figures. Potentially talked myself out of £10k there for the sake of a tenner. Oh well. 

Edited by matt83

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess it depends entirely on his personal situation, but I'm taking that. He'd be gutted if he ended up moving in January, getting injured or reverting to his previous scoring form.

How often do Rovers have a 20 league goal a season striker? Armstrong, Rhodes, Gestede, Jansen....then are we at Shearer?

You’re right. I’d take it as well.

• Backroom

I’d have cashed out myself but I’m not much of a gambler, insanely jealous of those that got it, I did look but my sky bet account was locked due to inactivity so left it.

The way I see it is if you got 1000/1 you are effectively winning a 500/1 bet here which was still insane odds.

Like with free employee shares it’s not real money till it’s cashed out so you haven’t lost anything if you cash out now and he goes on to get 20

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

It's like Deal or no Deal, this! 

Ben could pick up an injury away with Chile, for instance. £5000 for doing little more than placing a bet...I'd have snapped their hands off already.

New to the market in Chile....

Screenshot 2021-10-06 091402.jpg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I’m not desperate for the money so think I’m still going to let it ride.

I’ve looked at the fixtures and there’s 14 games before the January transfer window (13 if he misses the Coventry game). If Big Ben continues to score then the cash out will surely rise over time. A bad injury is the only thing that will jeopardise it, which of course can always happen. I think it’s worth the risk though and will give watching the games that extra bit of spice screaming on our Chilean hero reaching that 20 goal mark!

• Like 2