BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

14 hours ago, geedog13 said:

I must admit after watching the u23s I have found myself asking the Sam burns question alot, even more so after Armstrong left what does he need to do to get a go at the next stage up? 

Still, his statement that he is the best forward on our books was rather silly at this stage.

If the manager isn't going to start giving him chances to see if he can handle the step up, we need to look for a decent loan for him in Jan.

• Like 1

This is an incredibly tense and testy match, been stopped several times for scuffles and Chile are down to ten.. crowd felt aggrieved that the ref failed to give several blatant fouls, massive relief when Ben scored, got mobbed by the subs coming onto the pitch from the sideline.

As I type a Paraguay player just got sent off for an elbow (I think? Or a stamp maybe) on BBD

Kept an eye on it too. Took his goal well and made a real nuisance of himself down the right again. Got Alderete that second booking with a bit of dark arts (although it was a forearm shove in the back) and has generally looked a real swaggery shithouse. Incredible the amount of confidence he has now.

• Like 5

at least he got some balls played to him this game.  last game vs peru he was all alone up front (not his fault, barely had 13 touches) with Malexis playing 60yds from goal (and losing the ball 31 times) and never getting the ball up to BBD.  as a chilean, winning a game gives one a queer and unusual feeling suddenly.  it's been sooo long....the calculator is still our friend, as they say.  keep hope alive!  well done Ben!

• Like 3

Cracking finish from Ben.... seems to be in an outstanding form....so disappointed he will miss the game against Coventry.

Hope he signs a new deal sooner rather than later... Venkys must do this...even if he leaves next season he could be worth 30m now that spanish sides are watching.....

Delighted for Brereton Diaz scoring again for Chile. 

50 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hope he signs a new deal sooner rather than later... Venkys must do this...even if he leaves next season he could be worth 30m now that spanish sides are watching.....

Let's hope so. We have club 12 months contract option. So that's will ensure we get 15 million pounds plus for him. If we could get him on long term contract we would be delighted for him

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Another poor mismanagement from the top of our clyb.... we havent learn from Armstrong...silly really...

We’ve been offering him a new contract for months. If he leaves it won’t be for the want of trying. Let’s turn this around, in his position, would you sign a new deal?

Fans would have been complaining if we’d given him a new deal this time last year given how poor his form had been. The last 6 months have been remarkable. Can’t see him signing a new contract whatever we offer so have to hope the rumours of an extension are true.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's has 18 months left on his contract technically..

Would anyone have give him a new contract 6 months ago? Very few of us I guess

I get what you're saying, but considering some of the players we just randomly extend contracts of, it's disappointing that we've not got it sorted by now.

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's has 18 months left on his contract technically..

Would anyone have give him a new contract 6 months ago? Very few of us I guess

Given he was having a half decent season, Armstrong was off and the only other option was Gally, I'm pretty sure most fans would have given him a new contract. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

considering some of the players we just randomly extend contracts

In the last few months? 

Buckley, Dolan, Carter and Wharton were given new contracts. Given that 2 of those players are key players/assests for the club this season and beyond. 

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

it's disappointing that we've not got it sorted by now.

Well if he wants explore his options what can the club do.

I hope we can get him on a long term contract with 15 to 20 million pounds release clause in the contract 

24 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Given he was having a half decent season, Armstrong was off and the only other option was Gally, I'm pretty sure most fans would have given him a new contract. 

Which we have tried to. He has, so far, refused to sign the contract. Its unfortunate timing but if he refuses to sign, what can the club do? 

• Like 1

I said am since he sighed the ones who have booed and hated him will be the ones who panic the most when interest comes in, the same ones who wrote off the likes of gestede will they ever learn ?  Brereton came here young with a 7m price tag on his head it was always gonna take time now it’s paying off. 

the club needs to get his contract sorted number 1 priority with assurance that we won’t stand in his way if a big offer comes in for him but I think this delay is more to do with his agent than himself same with nyambe cause they both love it here they are in a big family but it’s always the agents that whisper in the ear, tbh I don’t know why footballers have them surely they can see they are cancer and leeches and they are capable of negotiating their own contracts ? 

• Like 1

The only hope of us getting him to sign a new contract is sentimentality. He's good mates with a lot of the squad and perhaps that might swing it.

On the flip side, his agent will be doing a poor job if he lets him sign a contract with anything more than a £15m release clause, because the interest for him will clearly be there.

• Like 1

Isn't Brererton represented by the agency favoured by the Venkys whenever a management change is made?

If so would it not work in his agents favour to get him signed to a new deal,you would imagine his agent would receive a percentage of any future transfer fee.The bigger the fee the more the agent will receive.

A new contract should have been on the table when he started to show form early last season

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Isn't Brererton represented by the agency favoured by the Venkys whenever a management change is made?

No he is represented by Wasserman. The same agency as Bradley Dack and Bradley Johnson. 

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

the club needs to get his contract sorted number 1 priority with assurance that we won’t stand in his way if a big offer comes in for him

Agreed there. 3 years contract with wages same as Dack and 15 million pounds release clause in the deal. Seems a fair deal