BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

7 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Took 10k cash out yesterday on the Diaz bet.

I think he will probably do it, but can't really be turning down that kind of money when there is that 1% chance he will leave in Jan or get a bad injury somewhere.

Nice one! Smart choice I reckon. Having £0 when you could have had £10k is far worse than having £10k when you could have had £20k. I'd have done the exact same. 

I only got 80/1, i don't have cash out available on it  but if I did, for 800 I'd ride it out. If I got in at 250/1 + I'd be cashing out instantly. 

Surely someone at sky bet is getting a telling off for letting 1000/1 happen

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Nice one! Smart choice I reckon. Having £0 when you could have had £10k is far worse than having £10k when you could have had £20k. I'd have done the exact same. 

I only got 80/1, i don't have cash out available on it  but if I did, for 800 I'd ride it out. If I got in at 250/1 + I'd be cashing out instantly. 

Surely someone at sky bet is getting a telling off for letting 1000/1 happen

if anyone has got their money on it,i suggest they cash out now if possible,skybet and their bookie brethren  will void the bet once the system starts flashing red lights on their liabilities ,the initial odds offer was clearly a mistake on their part,it happens on the more obscure markets occasionally,there was a massive glitch on the ice hockey and baseball once,they were giving you 200/1 on every away team,needless to say when i woke up the following morning expecting to be rich they were all voided and all i got was my money back😪

It wasn't a mistake in the sense someone typed it in to the system wrong and put an extra 0 on the end as you see occasionally - someone simply thought it wouldn't happen and got the odds wrong at the start of the season so I doubt they can or will void it.

Nevertheless, I'd be tempted to cash out given his contract situation and the fact we might be tempted to cut our losses in January.

If he signed a new contract tomorrow, I'd let the bet ride.

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if anyone has got their money on it,i suggest they cash out now if possible,skybet and their bookie brethren  will void the bet once the system starts flashing red lights on their liabilities ,the initial odds offer was clearly a mistake on their part,it happens on the more obscure markets occasionally,there was a massive glitch on the ice hockey and baseball once,they were giving you 200/1 on every away team,needless to say when i woke up the following morning expecting to be rich they were all voided and all i got was my money back😪

They are paying out half now, the bet won't be voided.

A sale or injury biggest worry 

14 minutes ago, toogs said:

Is there something in bookies T & C’s that says they can void a bet if they messed up the original odds? Even if there is, I doubt they would ever do it, the PR would be terrible for them. 

If they were going to void the bet they wouldn't have offered the cash out.They can't offer a cash out of half and then turn around and say the bet is voided for the punters who didn't take up the cash out offer

• Like 1

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, toogs said:

Is there something in bookies T & C’s that says they can void a bet if they messed up the original odds? Even if there is, I doubt they would ever do it, the PR would be terrible for them. 

Does happen. They might have something in the small print about computer glitches. Like in @simongarnerisgod's example if a technical error had added zeroes to turn 2 to 1 into 200 to 1, they might have a get out. 

But that hasn't happened with the BB bet. They are bona fide odds. So they would have to stand by them.

Anyway, this guy still got his 1.7 million after computer error, albeit he had to legally fight for 3 years:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/man-wins-court-battle-over-betfreds-refusal-to-pay-out-1-7m-jackpot-12268508

• Like 1

• Backroom

As has been said, since they're offering cash out they won't be able to void the bet at this point. The fact they're already offering 50% cash out in October on those odds suggests they believe there's a good chance BBD will hit 20 by the end of the season. With that said if I'd put money down and had the opportunity to take £5k-10k now I'd find it hard to say no. It's a bonkers risk/reward ratio.

I would imagine SkyBet will conduct some kind of internal review to work out how this happened. I didn't check but I'm guessing they were the only bookie offering odds like that on BBD, or maybe any Championship striker. 

• Like 2

Smart move cashing in. Glad to hear of Rovers fans doing well. 

Another compelling reason to cash in is aside from injury or transfer away it's not beyond the realms of possibility he gets to 18 goals with half a dozen games left and TM begins to play him at left back for the remaining fixtures... 

• Like 7

On 28/09/2021 at 20:57, RevidgeBlue said:

So we sign a 7m player, barely play him for 18 months, then when he finally starts coming good, we haven't kept an eye on his contract and he ends up walking out for next to nothing.

Only in Mowbray and Waggott land  

Mentioned the same thing a while back.  Sackable just for that dereliction of duty, both of em. 

• Like 1

So it is looking like by around seasons end Bill and Ben here.will have finished the job their.bosses Started, the destruction of this once proud and successful football team.

Heartwrenchin and not a one of em cares.

Edited by USABlue

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It wasn't a mistake in the sense someone typed it in to the system wrong and put an extra 0 on the end as you see occasionally - someone simply thought it wouldn't happen and got the odds wrong at the start of the season so I doubt they can or will void it.

Nevertheless, I'd be tempted to cash out given his contract situation and the fact we might be tempted to cut our losses in January.

If he signed a new contract tomorrow, I'd let the bet ride.

Rev - what is his contract situation - seen lots of talk of us having a 1 year option ? Personally I hadn't seen that mentioned by the club - who gave the distinct impression this was his last contracted year.

• Backroom

Call me mad, but does anyone know where we can watch Chile Vs Peru tomorrow morning? BBC showed the Copa America on the red button but think it'll be a bit more difficult to legally watch these upcoming games in the UK?

34 minutes ago, Madon said:

Call me mad, but does anyone know where we can watch Chile Vs Peru tomorrow morning? BBC showed the Copa America on the red button but think it'll be a bit more difficult to legally watch these upcoming games in the UK?

Not sure but may be able to watch with no commentary on one of the betting apps?

After checking they are available on the coral betting app

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 00:34, PotterLog said:

Hello all. Thought I'd register on here tonight as I'm a Stoke fan living in Chile for the past 15 years, following the local football all that time through thick and thin, completely bewildered by the fact that a kid who grew up about 3 miles from me in Stoke-on-Trent is now playing and scoring for the national team and is a complete fucking sensation on Chilean social media. Absolutely bizarre.

Genuinely a bit emotional about him scoring earlier for some weird reason. I've got Chilean friends, neighbours, acquaintances here sending me memes and articles about him all over the place. There was a short documentary piece about him on one of the major news channels the other night. What a story. Good lad Ben. Let's see how he gets on in the rest of the tourny. It's certainly added a bit of interest in these parts.

Anyway, hello. 😉 

Alright Rovers, just thought I’d check back in again here ahead of tonight’s game, which I’d have thought BB will be starting.

From a Champo point of view he’s on fire eh? Last time I was on here the reviews of his performances and place in the team were very lukewarm and a lot of the talk about his call-up basically related to how much more you could sell him for - understandably so, he’d hardly set the world on fire there. Presumably that’s changed a bit? From the outside it seems the Chile experience really was the making of him.. I’ll look forward to seeing him in our fixture at the end of November.

Anyway here in Chile he continues to be a mini-sensation and him being back with the squad after missing the last qualifiers is a big boost, he’s incredibly popular with the fans and you can tell with the squad as well. I’ll be watching the game tonight and keeping a close eye on him, I shall endeavour to report back…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Premiersports and freesports have the UK rights.Chile V Peru and Chile v Paraguay are on Premiersports 2 and Chile v Venezuela is on Freesports next friday.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Alright Rovers, just thought I’d check back in again here ahead of tonight’s game, which I’d have thought BB will be starting.

From a Champo point of view he’s on fire eh? Last time I was on here the reviews of his performances and place in the team were very lukewarm and a lot of the talk about his call-up basically related to how much more you could sell him for - understandably so, he’d hardly set the world on fire there. Presumably that’s changed a bit? From the outside it seems the Chile experience really was the making of him.. I’ll look forward to seeing him in our fixture at the end of November.

Anyway here in Chile he continues to be a mini-sensation and him being back with the squad after missing the last qualifiers is a big boost, he’s incredibly popular with the fans and you can tell with the squad as well. I’ll be watching the game tonight and keeping a close eye on him, I shall endeavour to report back…

Its probably the biggest turnaround I've ever seen following Rovers. Two years ago he was abject, really poor, now he's our best player and the Championship too scorer.

Why that is is quite hard to figure out. He's not really playing in any substantially different way. Just seems more confident, and he is physically stronger than he was, and getting in the box.

• Like 2

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Premiersports and freesports have the UK rights.Chile V Peru and Chile v Paraguay are on Premiersports 2 and Chile v Venezuela is on Freesports next friday.

Brilliant thanks for that!

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Its probably the biggest turnaround I've ever seen following Rovers. Two years ago he was abject, really poor, now he's our best player and the Championship too scorer.

Why that is is quite hard to figure out. He's not really playing in any substantially different way. Just seems more confident, and he is physically stronger than he was, and getting in the box.

Seems like a classic case of a young player growing into himself and discovering his confidence. Good on him, it takes guts if things don’t go well at first.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

The other side of the world and I'll be ready for the 8am (Bkk time) ko. The following 2 games in Chile are 7am here.

No doubt the Chile experience and his reception there has been a great confidence booster to BBD.

I wasn't at all impressed by him, tbh the opposite, prior the him joining Chile - it has changed him for the better.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

last summer did ben a world of good,playing with international players under a good manager in a fixed system,must have boosed his confidence massively,he even looked ok when he had to play centre forward away at barnsley,it`s not his preferred position but he did ok,if he`d been played there before this  season he`d have been hooked at half time,credit to mowbray i suppose in keeping his newly found confidence high,for 7 million quid though you expect the real deal and it`s taken him 3 seasons to even reach a level where he`s effective,still  a bad piece of business imo

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

last summer did ben a world of good,playing with international players under a good manager in a fixed system,must have boosed his confidence massively,he even looked ok when he had to play centre forward away at barnsley,it`s not his preferred position but he did ok,if he`d been played there before this  season he`d have been hooked at half time,credit to mowbray i suppose in keeping his newly found confidence high,for 7 million quid though you expect the real deal and it`s taken him 3 seasons to even reach a level where he`s effective,still  a bad piece of business imo

I agree. But you think it’s a bad bit of business now just wait until we let him walk for gratis just as he looks like a footballer. Or sell him only to realise forest pulled Swag’s pants down with a sell on clause. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would not say he is anywhere near our best player. I wouldn't even say he is our best forward, and that is a very shallow pond.