BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall away Saturday 12th Jan kick off 17.30

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Including beating Reading and Ipswich in the league and just getting past, at home in the Cup, a Hull side that had made 8 changes from their usual lineup. Millwall made just 2 to their usual start team lineup.

Millwall's 4 wins on the bounce is admirable but must be viewed in context of their oponents. I have no idea when we last won 4 on the bounce at any level, but I know we have recently done very well to avoid losing 4 on the bounce in the league.

Millwall are to be respected but not feared and we are good enough to win, I suspect however that a score draw will be the result, 1-1

Did it 4 times last season.

Also won 6 on the bounce last year before Christmas if i remember rightly, should have been 8 too as Antonsson missed the pen against Northampton to make it 7 and then we beat Rochdale on Boxing Day.

Just for your future information ;) 

Just now, rigger said:

They have won 4 on the bounce, so they are  due a defeat. 

I never understood this argument from people either, they could have won 10 on the bounce and it'd still end at some point!

No reason we can't go there and win. 1-2 with us hanging on after being 2-0 up early doors is my prediction.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I never understood this argument from people either, they could have won 10 on the bounce and it'd still end at some point!

No reason we can't go there and win. 1-2 with us hanging on after being 2-0 up early doors is my prediction.

I think a winning run breeds confidence and is a good habit to be in. You are right that it will end sometime but I'd rather play a team on a bad run than a good one (although Rovers are notorious for ending teams losing runs?).

• Like 1

Echo some the above we are more than capable of winning this but I think the cautious approach will be the order of the day again, hopefully we don't ship another late one or two.

Millwall  1   Rovers  1

Brereton finally nets a late equalizer and runs to the Rovers end pulling up his shirt to reveal an 'Up yours BRFCS T shirt' with 'I love mogga' on the back.

Edited by tomphil

I think he wants to win every game, but at times that is impeded by him worrying about losing and being overly cautious.

Our first half performances this season at home have in the main been awful affairs, with a few exceptions such as Leeds when we managed to get that first goal early doors. But more often than not they have been dull and uneventful with us creating next to nothing. I don't think that is because Mowbray is playing for a draw, but because his mentality is to keep it tight and try not to make any errors or let the opposition get ahead, and that comes at the price of creating much ourselves.

All our games bar the odd few like PNE have been closely fought tight affairs where we've either just got over the line or just fallen short.

31 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray has said countless times that he goes to try and win every game, and evidence on the pitch suggests that we get ourselves into great positions in virtually every match. Your suggestion that Mowbray plays for draws and that he'd take that for the rest of the season is frankly rubbish.

I imagine every manager in the football league would go out and say they try to win every game.

To be fair I never said he "plays for draws" just that he seems to like them. If it was the choice of winning two and losing two or four draws, I think he would take the latter.

He certainly starts games in a cautious manner, and plays it safe, why else would Smallwood & Evans start every game? Especially at home?

Just look at our first half stats, we have only scored 3 first half goals at Ewood all season.

This all sounds very negative on Mowbray but it isn't really intended like that, I think he's done a great job so far, my only real gripe with him is to be a bit braver.

Raya

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew  Bell

Bennett    Reed       Travis     Rothwell

Dack

Graham

Subs: Canadian, Williams, Rodwell, Evans, Conway, Armstrong, Brereton. (wouldn't mind seeing Nuttall or Butterworth on the bench)

• Like 2

On 08/01/2019 at 12:18, Mercer said:

Can only see a comfortable Millwall win.

They are in good form and will really be up for it in front of the cameras.

Unfortunately, I think some of our lads will have an eye on the Newcastle replay and you really need 11 giving 100% at Millwall otherwise you will get well and truly stuffed.

I actually agree with you on this one.