BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

13 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Was raving about Buckley but then everyone in there was raving about him…he outshone every other midfielder on the park today, including Fleck and Norwood!

It’s good to know that Buckley is being recognized as a talent. It Rovers have any current player on the books good enough for the prem, he is one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course he shouldn’t be telling people like me!

These matters are for the employee and his employer, not for holding court with folk in the Premier Suite.

Basic bloody decorum and standards.

absolutely, especially in tge social media age ffs!! if theyve half a brain they'd know that any info they give will be spread online (and usually turn into a game of Chinese whispers along the way...) 

but on the other hand and he actually has a brain and knows the above Fulwell... then most likely he's just spreading these rumours as an underhand tactic for whatever reason.... and the person/people chatting with him and lapping up his comments are just being used.) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Just now, Mattyblue said:

You are right, and I’m not going to turn down gossip, it’s what makes the football world turn, but it speaks volumes of the calibre of Exec we now have.

I was once part of a group conversation with John Williams about Benny McCarthy and his attempts to force a move to Chelsea, this is nothing new Matty. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was once part of a group conversation with John Williams about Benny McCarthy and his attempts to force a move to Chelsea, this is nothing new Matty. 

Players moving? No problem, always the way, indeed Waggott has been talking about players contracts, agents etc for months to fans - however, saying a long serving manager is about to get sacked after just delivering a big win? Not sure JW would be saying that at 5.15pm to whoever was listening in the suites…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

unless there's premiere league clubs after them then I'm pretty sure our best players would be more than happy to stick around for at least another season if we offered them good contracts and put a manager in charge that they really get off on. 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Players moving? No problem, always the way, indeed Waggott has been talking about players contracts, agents etc for months to fans - however, saying a long serving manager is about to get sacked after just delivering a big win? Not sure JW would be saying that at 5.15pm to whoever was listening in the suites…

My apologies, I wasn’t aware of the full context.

Who is getting sacked? 

Edited by Gav

11 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Chris Wilder has gone to Middlesborough which was agreed weeks ago.

see people moan because they don't think we could atract a decent manager.... yet crapholes like boro don't seem to struggle finding reasonable looking replacements. 

although no matter what club you are or how much money you offer them to spend on players etc... it's always hitNmiss, just look at the constant merry go round of managers at the big city prem clubs,but its a risk you HAVE to take when necessary. 

even the likes of pep are only ever one bad run of results away from being under serious pressure of getting sacked. 

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Another potentially good one missed.

Cue Gav to say everyone said the same about Warnock when he first went to Boro and Hughton!

Personally I'd rather take the gamble and TRY to be more successful rather than sit there doing nothing because we happened to win the last game.

We've take 9 points from the last 12 Rev, just for the record, but carry on.

Edited by Gav

Plenty of barmy army chants yesterday but TM blue and white army didn't seem to have a rendition. At the end in injury time there was a brief up the football league we go but by the time it got to mowbray is our king it had been drowned out by something else.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

see people moan because they don't think we could atract a decent manager.... yet crapholes like boro don't seem to struggle finding reasonable looking replacements. 

although no matter what club you are or how much money you offer them to spend on players etc... it's always hitNmiss, just look at the constant merry go round of managers at the big city prem clubs,but its a risk you HAVE to take when necessary. 

even the likes of pep are only ever one bad run of results away from being under serious pressure of getting sacked. 

Exactly 

Boro 4 adrift of the play offs appoint wilder just before international break

Rovers stick with the guy who will never get us promoted in a million years

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I was talking to a Boro fan last night.

He told a story about a supporters Q&A where a young lad around 10/12yrs old asked Mowbray why he wasn't playing xxxx player and Mowbray explained he was a good player but didn't fit the formation, the lad was gutted. After the event was over Mowbray spent 30 minutes with the salt and pepper pots explain the formation and why xxxx didn't fit in, which I thought was a great story, a nice touch.

Hang on, I thought Mowbray didn’t believe in formations 😉😂

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Exactly 

Boro 4 adrift of the play offs appoint wilder just before international break

Rovers stick with the guy who will never get us promoted in a million years

Absolutely spot on.

History tells us Mowbray will go on a death spiral in the not too distant future, and then the season will be over.

Fans kicking themselves thinking "why did I fall for it with Mowbray for the 3rd season in a row"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

One trick pony who’ll be found out just like Warnock, Houghton, McCarthy, we should be aiming higher for next summers replacement.

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think some get too hung up about our ownership saying nothing will change whilst Venky's remain in situ.

Well it’s only been 10yrs hasn’t it, let’s give them another 10 just to be sure, they deserve it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well it’s only been 10yrs hasn’t it, let’s give them another 10 just to be sure, they deserve it.

Come on Gav, get real.

You and I both strongly agree that our owners are an issue.

However, that does not change the persona, ambition, drive, tactical awareness, relationship with supporters etc of the manager who is in charge at any point in time.

IMO, anyone who thinks Mowbray IS NOT an issue is a fool.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

One trick pony who’ll be found out just like Warnock, Houghton, McCarthy, we should be aiming higher for next summers replacement.

Warnock and Mccarthy are past it now it seems, but their career record as a managers up until the last couple of years speaks for itself when it comes to championship clubs and reaching play offs, promotions with various clubs of different statures

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Come on Gav, get real.

You and I both strongly agree that our owners are an issue.

However, that does not change the persona, ambition, drive, tactical awareness, relationship with supporters etc of the manager who is in charge at any point in time.

IMO, anyone who think Mowbray IS NOT an issue is a fool.

We’ve had 8 managers in 10yrs, it’s a strategy that clearly works…..

I won’t call anyone a fool, it’s all a matter of opinion, but as I keep saying, changing managers won’t change our current situation for the better, but equally I wouldn’t lose any sleep over the club sacking Mowbray. 

It’s all about the long game for me, that’s getting rid of these inept and incompetent owners.

Edited by Gav