BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said I would offer him new contract if we finish top 6 whether we got promote or not. After that I would for new manager/head coach for next season. 

I think we are over achieving this season considering our budget which is mid table. 

Last season we massive under achieved as we should have top 6 considering our squad. Mowbray should have been sacked last season but wasn't. 

But if we finish top 6 and don't go up then what difference does it make if we finish outside top 6? It's still failure.  So u will reward failure.  That's been the trouble with venkys from day 1

Edited by roverandout

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Better placed and out performing all that dross.

Yeah yeh and the venkys are evil bloodsuckers we know....😴 

Who is it again that you think is going to buy the club and do any  better if it was put up for sale? 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

On 25/02/2022 at 02:07, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He can’t get us back in a game when we go behind - ever,  and he can’t halt a death spiral until it no longer matters. As I said the other day, we’ve been rewarding failure for too long. We get bullied and out enthused most of the time and I’m tired of saying it.

I'm tired of watching it.

14 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yeah yeh and the venkys are evil bloodsuckers we know....😴 

Who is it again that you think is going to buy the club and do any  better if it was put up for sale? 

We're talking about Mowbray cocker.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Robins is a similar manager to Mowbray IMO. Lots of good traits and steady away but will never be good enough for what we need to get to the PL. 

I'm not sure if or why Critchley would leave Blackpool to come here but even if he did he's not done anything other than what many others have done and got a side out of League One. How about Darren Ferguson?

Ainsworth and Warne have been relegated out of this league every time they have been in it. Great in League One, never done anything in the Championship.

Johnson has never managed. How does that qualify him to manage this great club?

All in all I think your list shows a complete lack of ambition and imagination, and for that reason is probably the sort of list that will get formed on Waggott's desk. Look local (in house) and look into the division below. Small time small scale mentality.

Even if this season ends in disappointment again, which it looks like it will, I would hope the club have got some determination/ambition to go one better next year.

I've given my shortlist but you haven't.

Is Darren Ferguson your choice?

Who on your ahortlist?

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Making the playoffs is significantly progress 

I don't believe it is. What you also have to take into account, is the quality of the other teams challenging for the play-offs. I think we have moved from underperforming, to holding our own. That is not good enough for me.

Edited by rigger

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't believe it is. What you also have to take into account, is the quality of the other teams challenging for the play-offs.

Of course making the play offs is significant progress, we finished 15th last year, 11th the year before and 15th before that.

Above 11th is progress, 6th or above is significant progress.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Of course making the play offs is significant progress, we finished 15th last year, 11th the year before and 15th before that.

Above 11th is progress, 6th or above is significant progress.

Nonsense.

Any club worth its salt will not have a five and a half year plan to go from bottom or close to bottom (when Mowbray arrived) to 11th.

At this rate, a fair few of us will never see Rovers in PL again.

Think Mowbray was taken from the managerial scrap heap and has been able to considerably top his pension pot up in a pressure free environment for over five years.  Nice work if you can get it..........................................

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Nonsense.

Any club worth its salt will not have a five and a half year plan to go from bottom or close to bottom (when Mowbray arrived) to 11th.

Think Mowbray was taken from the managerial scrap heap and has been able to considerably top his pension pot up in a pressure free environment for over five years.  Nice work if you can get it..........................................

The club isn't worth its salt, its run by morons.

Lets not forget, you wanted managerial heavyweights like Wee Doughie Freedman (who) and Wee Coyley at the club, well you got one of them and look at how that ended up, talk about robbing a living, he almost destroyed the club...

Give me Mowbray any day of the week over that idiot and if you're so upset about the wages Mowbray earns, you should have become a football manager, then you too could have topped up the pension on the Venky gravy train.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

The club isn't worth its salt, its run by morons.

Lets not forget, you wanted managerial heavyweights like Wee Doughie Freedman (who) and Wee Coyley at the club, well you got one of them and look at how that ended up, talk about robbing a living, he almost destroyed the club...

Give me Mowbray any day of the week over that idiot and if you're so upset about the wages Mowbray earns, you should have become a football manager, then you too could have topped up the pension on the Venky gravy train.

There you go again Gav.

When we had the managerial vacancy, I NEVER advocated the appointment of Coyley!

At least get your facts right.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There you go again Gav.

When we had the managerial vacancy, I NEVER advocated the appointment of Coyley!

That is some play on words Mercer, I'm not sure your defence would stand up in court 😉

Anyway, neither me or you can influence these moronic owners, we just have to hope they have actually got this managerial appointment right and he takes us up.

I'm sure you'll be happy to dish out the humble pie if that happens.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

There you go again Gav.

Quick one- why do you call him Coyley? 
A mate of yours, is he?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Making the playoffs is significantly progress 

Well I hope you filled your boots and made the most of that "progress" because once Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton, Van Hecke... and whoever else! leave in the summer we wont be left with much of a starting 11 at all.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

Made up for Mowbray today, he can’t do much once they cross that line, we have enough quality throughout that side to be sharing the goals around, we should be scoring more.

If we’d have run out 4-0 winners today it wouldn’t have flattered us, some outstanding performances in blue n white, we’re back on track.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

Think he got it right today as imo second half we looked to draw them out a bit more instead of penning them in with possession football. Maybe it was just them growing in confidence a bit but i'll give him the credit and say it was something mentioned at half time.

Left Khadra and Dolan on for once when one or both often get hooked just when they are doing ok. Subs opened it up a bit and we should have killed it off.

Break out the darjeeling and extra double drizzle cake tonight Tone you've earned it.

• Like 3

On 26/02/2022 at 09:15, Mercer said:

Nonsense.

Don't be silly.
Look at Leeds. Relegated from the PL in 2004. 3 seasons in league 1. 16 years out of the PL.
It took them 10 seasons to get promoted to the PL after promotion from league 1.
The manager is doing a great job with the resources available to him.

Edited by FortressEwood
  • Like 2