Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though the quality is low, you could make a case for most Championship games being 'tough' if you really wanted to. Let's take the next three games. Millwall have already been to WBA - a pla

Whilst the defence did alright against the likes of Boro and Hull, against a good side today it was shown to be very poor. That defence will get us no higher than mid table. Bennett was as terrible as

Consolidation isn't good enough, we should always be pushing for promotion. If a skint Charlton Athletic (who have sold some of their better players from last season) can be right up there and churnin

Posted Images

Just now, CD_93 said:

We don't know what our best team is. We don't know what our style of play is. We never have under Mowbray. We won't go anywhere until we do.

If anyone can name a stretch where we have been unchanged for three games under TM, I would love to be reminded of it. Constant rotation and changing roles and experimenting mid-match won't strengthen us long term. It won't develop the players. It won't allow us to develop a style of play which we can rely on. It won't win us football matches on a consistent enough basis to get in to the Top 6 of the Championship.

Tony needs to decide what his best team is now and work with them to build something that works. We have some damn good talent in our squad, but we seem a ways away from it all gelling.

In the League we've consistently played the same team and formation with the only variation being whether Graham plays or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rovers11 said:

Not bothered about a spirited second half display, conceding three goals in 45 mins after going a goal up is absolutely shocking. We deserved to lose and were outclassed at times. 

Sadly another lower mid half finish beckons from what I have seen so far, albeit in some tough fixtures. 

This is what worries me most - our defence has been solid, but to suddenly concede like that suggests maybe we aren't out of the woods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

In the League we've consistently played the same team and formation with the only variation being whether Graham plays or not. 

Have we? Tosin, Armstrong, Rothwell, Bell and Gallagher have been in and out and we constantly make wholesale changes on 60mins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CD_93 said:

We don't know what our best team is. We don't know what our style of play is. We never have under Mowbray. We won't go anywhere until we do.

If anyone can name a stretch where we have been unchanged for three games under TM, I would love to be reminded of it. Constant rotation and changing roles and experimenting mid-match won't strengthen us long term. It won't develop the players. It won't allow us to develop a style of play which we can rely on. It won't win us football matches on a consistent enough basis to get in to the Top 6 of the Championship.

Tony needs to decide what his best team is now and work with them to build something that works. We have some damn good talent in our squad, but we seem a ways away from it all gelling.

This ?

Absolute piss boiling it is but he can't help himself never has and never will be any different it's his way, his method. His style is to have no style and no unchanged sides all because he's a forward thinking manager who likes to fox the opposition but can't seem to get to grips with how much it foxes his own side at times.

You can count the good first halves we've had under Mowbray in his entire time here on one hand or certainly not much more yet if i'm not mistaken when we have done we've tended to see it out and get a result.  Today probably scored to early if that's possible it seemed to shock WBA into life yet it was somewhat gifted so otherwise it probably would have been the usual slow start, probably would've suited us better going off recent games though.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always disappointing to lose.

But 3-2 ain't a disaster. 

Gotta remember we were away to a team that will be top end of table come end of the season.

Some winnable games coming up. Our push up the table might hinge on what kind of shape Corry Evans comes back from international duty in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2019 at 14:18, Husky said:

Am I a boycotter?

I'm actually free to go today. The weather is as good as it's ever going to get. Boro is one of "the" games you'd want to see - with a large away following making it a better atmosphere than usual etc.

BUT, the thought of seeing one of Mowbray's tombola specials fills me with dread and I don't feel like going.

Once again we have to score 3 or 4 goals to get anything from a game. TM has made one massive mistake in the summer for me. That is not signing a cople of new centre halfs...Basic defending is needed and we cant do it...Its going to be a long season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silas said:

Always disappointing to lose.

But 3-2 ain't a disaster. 

Gotta remember we were away to a team that will be top end of table come end of the season.

Some winnable games coming up. Our push up the table might hinge on what kind of shape Corry Evans comes back from international duty in. 

It’s the way you lose. The three goals were  pathetic. 

We don’t seem to have a style or create any noteworthy chances. Contrast that with the simple, fast West Brom balls inbehind the fullbacks which tore us apart at times. 

There is talent in the team, but no clear direction to exploit this. We are a pretty boring team to watch

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallagher, Armstrong, Downing, Buckley, Rothwell, Brereton, Dack, Bennett and even Danny Graham have all played on the right wing so far this season, through starting, substitution or experimentation. We'll probably see Samuel, Rankin-Costello & Chapman there before the season is out. Maybe we'll actually bring in a first team right winger in January to add to the list - though that might be a bit novel.

 

Edited by CD_93
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen the short Sky highlights so far but hadn't realised what a free hit our first goal was until seeing it.

Defenders brushed off the ball far too easily for 2 of the WBA goals. Cunningham for the first and someone out our right-hand side for their 3rd. Video a bit blurry.

No team can conceed 3 in such a fashion and expect a point nevermind all 3.

The Tombola keeps on turning

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Silas said:

Always disappointing to lose.

But 3-2 ain't a disaster. 

Gotta remember we were away to a team that will be top end of table come end of the season.

Some winnable games coming up. Our push up the table might hinge on what kind of shape Corry Evans comes back from international duty in. 

Snore. “Little old Rovers can’t go to West Brom and get a result, even after spending £12m on two strikers, great stuff Tony, keep it up fella”. It’s so unbelievably  defeatist.

You are the negative one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I've only seen the short Sky highlights so far but hadn't realised what a free hit our first goal was until seeing it.

Defenders brushed off the ball far too easily for 2 of the WBA goals. Cunningham for the first and someone out our right-hand side for their 3rd. Video a bit blurry.

No team can conceed 3 in such a fashion and expect a point nevermind all 3.

The Tombola keeps on turning

We’ll continue to ship 2-3 a lot of weeks away from home. He has shown that he simply cannot sort it. Sick to the back teeth of it, and also of moaning about it!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
3
3 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Gallagher, Armstrong, Downing, Buckley, Rothwell, Brereton, Dack, Bennett and even Danny Graham have all played on the right wing so far this season, through starting, substitution or experimentation. We'll probably see Samuel, Rankin-Costello & Chapman there before the season is out. Maybe we'll actually bring in a first team right winger in January to add to the list - though that might be a bit novel.

 

Mind-blowing considering we are only 6 games into the season. I have never before seen such a hotchpotch approach to trying to build a team as that Mowbray uses. And people wonder why the likes of Dack run around looking lost at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We will never be a force in this league  untill we find away of playing . This league is very poor and with the right set up an average  team ie Cardiff can go on a run and get up . But the team has to play to its strengths and  at the  minute  Rovers are easy  to play against .WBA today pushed up to half way line pressed from the front attacked with pace and power and used or weakness against  us the right side of the team was run ragged  yet again  there where mistake  by or defenders  that gifted  them two goals and to be truthful  3-2  at half time made it look closer  than it  was . We huffed and puffed second  half but WBA where wasteful in front of  goal and it petted  out . Positive  Travis  what a player won't  be here next season this lad can go up another  level and if he dose and we get 7 or 8 million for TM can't  take the credit  he only got his chances because Smallwood  got injured  . I wonder when Bennett  gets injured and the young lad Rankin gets a go will  he do the same i hope so

Link to post
Share on other sites

 my team when everybodys fit  Walton.  Rankin must get his chance at some point . Tosin  .Williams . Cunningham .  Rothwell . Travis Johnson . Downing.  Dack.  Gallagher .  Subs. Lenihan . Buckley. Bennett .Graham . Chapman . Armstrong  . I would drop Lenihan and Bennett  they always look like theres a  mistake  in both of them . Unfortunately the shine of a new season as gone  already finshing 10 will de classed as being a successfully season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on folks we lost a game 3-2 versus one of the biggest teams in the league away from home. The result won’t ruin my night or weekend in fact I have had a ruby having a beer or two watching dingles getting whooped and in any case it could be worse we could be the huge club that is stoke city ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Gallagher, Armstrong, Downing, Buckley, Rothwell, Brereton, Dack, Bennett and even Danny Graham have all played on the right wing so far this season, through starting, substitution or experimentation. We'll probably see Samuel, Rankin-Costello & Chapman there before the season is out. Maybe we'll actually bring in a first team right winger in January to add to the list - though that might be a bit novel.

 

I get your point. Right wing is a problem position.

All I'm saying is the following are clear first team players who have and will continue to play every game when fit : Walton, Cunningham, Williams, Lenihan, Bennett, Johnson, Travis, Downing, Dack. It only leaves 2 players in the team where we are figuring out who will play but you are right that weve tried a lot of players on right wing and up front. But essentially it's a pretty settled team. Probably more so than the last few yearsm

Only one of those settled players I really have a problem with is Bennett.

One key issue for me is we are totally dependent on Dack. If he gets marked out of the game we struggle, but we don't really have a plan B, and we can't take him off because he scores goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a big Baggies fan through work.

They've lost two 20+ goal strikers and Craig Dawson since last season as well as another defende (can't remember who he said but it may have been our own Tosin). His view is they gave it their best shot last year and this year will be a bit of a rebuild.

I don't think August has been the 'month of death' it's been made out to be.

That said, Its not been a disaster of a start but we do need to move up a gear. For all the points we have picked up, we haven't looked like creating much and our porous defence has reared its head a couple of times. I feel we have a formation and team selection within us which can worry lots of teams in this league but we just haven't found it yet. I do feel, despite the summer additions, we still lack a striker and centre half to be truly in with any chance of top 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I know a big Baggies fan through work.

They've lost two 20+ goal strikers and Craig Dawson since last season as well as another defende (can't remember who he said but it may have been our own Tosin). His view is they gave it their best shot last year and this year will be a bit of a rebuild.

I don't think August has been the 'month of death' it's been made out to be.

That said, Its not been a disaster of a start but we do need to move up a gear. For all the points we have picked up, we haven't looked like creating much and our porous defence has reared its head a couple of times. I feel we have a formation and team selection within us which can worry lots of teams in this league but we just haven't found it yet. I do feel, despite the summer additions, we still lack a striker and centre half to be truly in with any chance of top 6.

Will TM find ever find it??

Edited by Cherry Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J*B unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.