BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

It's a bit difficult to look at today with optimism when we are well aware how short we are in certain areas. 

Realistically it's a squad either equal or worse off than last seasons, which finished 11th. Hardly sets the pulse racing does it? 

There is a chance we will be better - if the two or three of the young lads (JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Downing, Wharton, Magloire) make a significant impact, and if either of Brereton or Gallagher offer something (as they didn't last year). Plus obviously hope is Kaminski is significantly better that Walton.

So some cause for hope there. But we are an injury to Lenihan or Nyambe away from disaster. And left back is already hopeless. We need to sort that.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Selling one of their better players in Brown to Stoke and Mawson rumoured to be on the move also.

You never mention the sales these clubs make to fund their transfer business do you?

Should we sell Armstrong so we can bring in a few players?Would that make you happy 

Depends on who to, how much for and how much was reinvested.

If selling Armstrong to a Premier League club for a good fee saw us spread the proceeds properly around 4-5 positions and we invested in permanent signings then I'd accept that as part of life and potentially worthwhile.

That doesn't happen here though. We sell assets and sign loans as replacements. So no. Look what happened with Raya.

• Like 1

10-15k pw should get you far regarding players outside the top European leagues, as well as the second tier clubs in the top leagues.

Take Norway for example. Bar a handful of players, the rest in this league would be less than 1 mill pound and easily fit the wage structure. Not many are good enough to play in the Championship however, but there are gems to be found.

Our regular national left-back should be looked at. Alessami currently out of contract after relegation with his club in France (League 1). Have a good pedigree from Italy and France and is a two-way fullback far better than Bell. He is 29 and should fit the criterias the club is looking for.

English clubs however will pay a premium, as foreign clubs assume PL money trickles down. 

• Like 2

Does nobody with half a mind think the money left from January hasn't been used up in the lockdown ?

Didn't Waggot even say we've about a million in the pot that will go towards helping tide us over ?

Even if not how many budget surplus in normal life gets carried over to the next one in my experience it usually just gets absorbed.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

There is a chance we will be better - if the two or three of the young lads (JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Downing, Wharton, Magloire) make a significant impact, and if either of Brereton or Gallagher offer something (as they didn't last year). Plus obviously hope is Kaminski is significantly better that Walton.

So some cause for hope there. But we are an injury to Lenihan or Nyambe away from disaster. And left back is already hopeless. We need to sort that.

Yes, my biggest concern is at the back. 

I think going forward we are relatively well covered, even if its with players that have minimal experience. 

As you say, it's a disaster waiting to happen at the back. And I am not comfortable potentially having to rely on magloire, Wharton (just yet) - if Darragh is out for an extended period. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

In a realistic world you solve a problem when it arises .

If the injury is to Bell it strengthens the team.

Sophistry. If the injury occurs during the season you can't solve it because the window is closed.

As for your reference to Bell, I agree so why is he first choice left-back? Proving my original point I think.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Downing ? Are you thinking of Brennan ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's why I asking you as you are the stated we shaved 100k off the wage bill? So is that fact? 

I know Rovers were paying 10k of Adarabioyo's wages. 

Well of course income streams matter. More income then more you can spend and become less reliant on owners money unless they willing to. 

Yes other clubs have make signings.

We had Ayala in building and having a medical then he goes to Middle East. Is that Rovers fault cos he gone for there for his own reasons? 

We was in Mawson but we couldnt afford all of wages but Bristol City could. 

We was in Kipre and WBA offered him a chance of PL and he jump at it. 

Would you rather stick to wage structure or start over paying in wages and fees? Or over pay in terms of agents fees or transfer fees? 

You surely judge on who we do sign, rather than hard luck stories. Deals we cannot get done are worthless, that doesnt warrant the strawman argument that we should start paying really high fees. No one has said that.

If you just admitted that you would not have been happy going into the season with the same poor defence, rather than trying to justify it even though you have said more than once in the last few weeks that you would like a defender or 2 in by the end of the week, and it has never happened, then it may get you more respect and provoke less arguments.

Was Mawson even a target, or just an example given by Waggott trying to plead poverty? If Mawson was a primary target as a loan deal considering we have this "European Scouting Network" then surely thats a little concerning?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Sophistry. If the injury occurs during the season you can't solve it because the window is closed.

As for your reference to Bell, I agree so why is he first choice left-back? Proving my original point I think.

The original point was that the squad is weaker this season than last. This I agreed with. But with the signing of Kaminski I think the first team is stronger. Although Tosin was a good player, at centerback personally I would prefer a good defender.

41 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Hi Chaddy. If we miss out on players who have been identified and then negotiated with, once, twice maybe, then that can be called unfortunate.  However, when it goes on time after time over a long period of time, then there is something extremely wrong.  That could be down to poor negotiations, it could be down to not selling the club to the said individuals, whatever, it strikes me as just poor management, nothing more nothing less.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

The original point was that the squad is weaker this season than last. This I agreed with. But with the signing of Kaminski I think the first team is stronger. Although Tosin was a good player, at centerback personally I would prefer a good defender.

Until we have that replacement,I think we are a weaker team. You could throw Cunningham into that mix too, in that we are comparing players/squad at the start of the season.

And let's not count our chickens (no pun!) with Kaminski. We don't k now how that will work out do we? And we still need a stand-in for him anyway!

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-raya-king-transfers-18904319

This Lancs Live article says the Raya sell on is believed to be 10%, and unclear on whether that's percent of profit or total.

If it really is that low, that's a fucking ridiculous bit of bargaining we did. Especially selling to a club who quickly turn over assets for huge profits. The fee was awful but I always assumed a sell on of at least 20% would one day come our way.

If he goes for 10 million and the article is right, it will be 700k to 1 mill coming our way. Giving us 4 mill or less in total for a young Arsenal bound goalie with a decade left in his career, that we raised since 16. It will also mean the promotion clause, which you'd have to think would be a similar figure to what we will get from the sell on, will never be activated.

The King sell on is said to be 20%, which on a 15 mill sale right now could be a cool 3 million. More likely to make a real difference to our recruitment if it doesn't just get swallowed into the losses, so hope it goes through soon.

• Like 5

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Suggest you look at these posts where I gave an assessment on why we could have a 4 to 5 million budget.

I suggest you look at the posts he just quoted from you, where you denied saying we had a 5 million budget, then said we had a 5 million budget. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I suggest you look at the posts he just quoted from you, where you denied saying we had a 5 million budget, then said we had a 5 million budget. 

Give it a rest Bruce!!!

I gave an assessment on how we could have a 4 to 5 million footballing budget. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I watched my first Rovers game at Ewood against Sundererland the end of 1970 at the age of nearly 7 in the season when we got relegated for the first time ever.

We lost that game 1-0 and it should have put me off for ever but for some reason I've been strangely hooked ever since.

Back in the day when we genuinely  had no money, we had managers like Furphy, Lee and Kendall who would knock the spots of Mowbray. The current incumbent isn't in the same League.

Subsequently we had Don Mackay who again had to make do on relatively limited resources but again was a vastly superior manager to Mowbray imo. Got us into the play offs several times but we didn't quite make it. 

That wasn't good enough for Jack when he came in, poor old Don couldn't attract the top players so King Kenny was brought in. The following 3 and a half years were  history.

In later years  I was invited to write a fans piece in the LT for a couple of years after our promotion back to the Premier League under Souness and the Worthington Cup win.

I was very critical about various things about  the purchase of Grabbi, the manager himself and the general direction the Club was heading in. 

Although in my view hindsight proved me right, this earned a lot of flak from various quarters at the time (particularly my old mate USA Blue).

So here we are all these  years on after all that and personally I haven't particularly enjoyed following Rovers since Mark Hughes was here. There was the brief relief of a promotion from League 1 which you might argue we shouldn't have been in in the first place given we've been under the control of successive billionaire owners for the last 20 years.

I note from one of your previous postings that you started following us in 1994/5. I do suspect you're a Club plant who only pops up at transfer window time to promote the Company line but even if not and you're genuine I think you'd have a better perspective of what is and is not possible with limited resources had you been a fan pre Jack.

Let it go Rev.  LOL.  Yes you were quite critical and I was a bit Chaddyesque back then.  Remember I was newly re-united with my beloved Rovers thanks to technology after a what? 25 year absence.  Seems kike a lifetime ago.  This board has changed a lot too, bet you would give your left nut for those times now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-raya-king-transfers-18904319

This Lancs Live article says the Raya sell on is believed to be 10%, and unclear on whether that's percent of profit or total.

If it really is that low, that's a fucking ridiculous bit of bargaining we did. Especially selling to a club who quickly turn over assets for huge profits. The fee was awful but I always assumed a sell on of at least 20% would one day come our way.

If he goes for 10 million and the article is right, it will be 700k to 1 mill coming our way. Giving us 4 mill or less in total for a young Arsenal bound goalie with a decade left in his career, that we raised since 16. It will also mean the promotion clause, which you'd have to think would be a similar figure to what we will get from the sell on, will never be activated.

The King sell on is said to be 20%, which on a 15 mill sale right now could be a cool 3 million. More likely to make a real difference to our recruitment if it doesn't just get swallowed into the losses, so hope it goes through soon.

As another poster said the Raya deal could well turn out to be the worst bit of business we've ever done.

Regarding sell ons in general, didn't Philipl allege at one point Shelfy sold off all our sell on clauses to get some cash in.

Had Shelfy gone by the time King was sold, or was that simply not the case?

10 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Let it go Rev.  LOL.  Yes you were quite critical and I was a bit Chaddyesque back then.  Remember I was newly re-united with my beloved Rovers thanks to technology after a what? 25 year absence.  Seems kike a lifetime ago.  This board has changed a lot too, bet you would give your left nut for those times now.

?

Good to hear from you, hope all is well.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As another poster said the Raya deal could well turn out to be the worst bit of business we've ever done.

Regarding sell ons in general, didn't Philipl allege at one point Shelfy sold off all our sell on clauses to get some cash in.

Had Shelfy gone by the time King was sold, or was that simply not the case?

I think Shelfy had gone by the time King was sold. 

• Backroom

I like believing the sky is falling and everything is terrible, but I also like believing the club can do no wrong.

But which is better?

Theres only one way to find out.....

CheerfulMarvelousBlacklab-size_restricte

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Judged purely on the Leicester game I think we looked very good - well drilled and athletic. We obviously have 2 main defensive areas of weakness but if we can sort them before the window shuts we can at least have a bit of hope for a good season. We might even surprise a few 'pundits'

I wouldn't disagree. We are 2-3 players away from having a very competitive first 11 in this league.

But that has been the case for the last couple of years and why it's incredibly frustrating.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give it a rest Bruce!!!

I gave an assessment on how we could have a 4 to 5 million footballing budget. 

Calm down. I'm not the one who needs to give it a rest, I don't post 10 percent as much as you do and it isn't all one-sided like yours when I do. And you still aren't reading/understanding what people are saying to you.

You. Contradicted. Yourself. Just admit it for once and move on. You're looking like a contortionist with all these knots you tie yourself in.

• Like 2