Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window


Recommended Posts

Just now, Paul Mani said:

As good as we were today and it’s VERY hard to find negatives from a performance like that...but Amari’i Bell is just, truly awful.

 

He very much is. That being said, I thought both full backs had similar games today, totally untroubled defensively, very wasteful when going forward. Nyambe need to come back in on the right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Might be a case of de ja vu to when we was told the other week that a signing had been made and an announcement was imminent. Hopefully there is a deal close though and it is someone else.

The Manning interest was typical transfer window fare. Someone made the suggestion on a forum that we should sign him, it snowballs, the local journalist mentions him in terms of historical interest but no indication that he is who we have bid for, an "ITK" frenzy of people claiming he has signed, our fans even mocking QPR fans over the supposed fact, and it all turns out to be totally unfabricated. Why the transfer window has become an absolute ball ache!

Maybe, tbf I don’t think anyone hung their hat on Manning. It just seemed to be going that way.

Interesting that the lads both got the same info that it was done at the same time.

We so badly need to replace Bell. I don’t know how you can play 90 minutes in a 5-0 win and still look absolutely shite...but he pulled it off! ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

No. If he continues in the same vein over the course of a season. He's be worth at least as much as Eze has just gone for.

Huge if at this point, and again like the Bellingham one, it is a crazy comparison to make so soon.

Eze was QPR's stand out player for 2 seasons, with many goals and assists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Maybe, tbf I don’t think anyone hung their hat on Manning. It just seemed to be going that way.

Interesting that the lads both got the same info that it was done at the same time.

We so badly need to replace Bell. I don’t know how you can play 90 minutes in a 5-0 win and still look absolutely shite...but he pulled it off! ??

He did well to start off the break for Dolans goal tbf - that was it mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18733710.mowbray-manning-interest-rovers-transfer-latest/

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay."

For fucks sake! Sounds like we are skint and that he is deluded over the lack of quality of Amarii Bell. 

Mowbray mentioned a meeting on Thursday. Sounds like it didnt go too well!

Edited by roversfan99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have enough for Manning but might spend it on a couple of loans instead? Bonkers. 

I wont even start on Bell doing okay.

Bell is a TM signing, so even though was cheap, he wont want to look wrong. 

Edited by JacknOry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay.

“We’ve got other areas I think we need to strengthen first.”

I feel sick. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay.

“We’ve got other areas I think we need to strengthen first.”

I feel sick. ?

Be reet. Venky's never fail to write a cheque?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Huge if at this point, and again like the Bellingham one, it is a crazy comparison to make so soon.

Eze was QPR's stand out player for 2 seasons, with many goals and assists.

It is a huge if, but the same form over the course of a season, theres an argument to be had.

I imagine his form will dip, its natural, he's a young player. For the time being, let's all enjoy watching his talent unfold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Traviscon said:

It is a huge if, but the same form over the course of a season, theres an argument to be had.

I imagine his form will dip, its natural, he's a young player. For the time being, let's all enjoy watching his talent unfold.

Absolutely, but at the moment I think suggestions of him moving abroad for big money like Bellingham or like Eze domestically is crazy when hes only made one league start.

Hes a talent and its exciting though, no doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18733710.mowbray-manning-interest-rovers-transfer-latest/

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay."

For fucks sake! Sounds like we are skint and that he is deluded over the lack of quality of Amarii Bell. 

Mowbray mentioned a meeting on Thursday. Sounds like it didnt go too well!

That's a worrying quote indeed. A couple of loans or a signing? I hope he is just pleading poverty as a negotiating tactic because that won't be sufficient at all.

How did we go from targeting 2 GKs, 2 CBs, a LB, and possibly a CM and/or RB to signing 1 GK, 1 CB, and only 1 or 2 more that we might not own? The budget always seems to shrink over the summer.

With Travis injured the absolute bare min for me is a perm LB because we don't have 'Amari'i Bell doing ok' at all, and a quality CM who can be loaned or bought. We really really should also be getting another GK and CB.

One signing will not cut it. No more permanent signings will not cut it.

Edited by bluebruce
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluebruce said:

That's a worrying quote indeed. A couple of loans or a signing? I hope he is just pleading poverty as a negotiating tactic because that won't be sufficient at all.

How did we go from targeting 2 GKs, 2 CBs, a LB, and possibly a CM and/or RB to signing 1 GK, 1 CB, and only 1 or 2 more that we might not own? The budget always seems to shrink over the summer.

With Travis injured the absolute bare min for me is a perm LB because we don't have 'Amari'i Bell doing ok' at all, and a quality CM who can be loaned or bought. We really really should also be getting another GK and CB.

One signing will not cut it.

He mentioned on Thursday that he had a meeting in the afternoon about signings. Im guessing it didnt go too well.

The main worry amidst the quote is that left back isnt his main worry. 

Im guessing that the left back who was deciding within 24 hours has decided to go elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

He’s not going to say Bell isn’t good enough. Saying that Bell is ‘doing alright’ is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Why don’t we wait and see how the window pans out before jumping on every word.

Yeah that was my thought when reading his comments. 

He's not exactly singing his praises there. 

And look at it objectively. Saying we need to strengthen in a few areas rather than just at LB is an accurate statement we can all agree with. He hasn't said LB isn't one of those areas, in fact, he's openly stated its an area he wants to improve. 

If it's not addressed by the end of the window, then that's a different story altogether. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • J*B unpinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.