Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Daniel Johnson would be a little more than cover for Travis, he would be straight into our first team and is a different type of player. But he would not come here and be unaffordable so a non starter. 

Rangers and Celtic linked with a 1.5m move, I said he would be a good squad rotation player, don’t see why he wouldn’t come here, haven’t seen any prem interest just Scotland so don’t quite agree with your points 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Rangers and Celtic linked with a 1.5m move, I said he would be a good squad rotation player, don’t see why he wouldn’t come here, haven’t seen any prem interest just Scotland so don’t quite agree with your points 

We couldnt compete with those 2 clubs. We couldnt afford that sort of fee, backed up by Mowbrays comments today. I dont see why he would come to a side in a similar situation in terms of where they can finish and Johnson would be a regular in our team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Oh great, now we're all getting worried Bell is going to play every game he can now. That's a mood killer after such a great win. I hope Tony was just being nice to Bell and avoiding damaging his confidence by saying they're going for a player in his position.

Whilst also making us not sound desperate in any LB negotiations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why would staff members discourage them from spending and why didnt they spend before they came?

Mate, I really want to enjoy tonight so have no intention of cracking open this debate again. Venkys (who have been terrible for our club) have also pumped the best part of £150m in and continue to do so. They fund the academy and so much other stuff they genuinely don’t have to.

Swag and Cheston will be trying to keep us within FFP guidelines. You’ve heard these words literally come from the manager and Swag’s mouth before but if they want more money, they only need to ask!

I hope Mowbray is bluffing and I think we’ll get some money from King and Raya sales...so let’s see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical. Just when we are all bouncing off a win Tony brings us back to earth with a thump. Given left back is pressing in terms of quality and numbers you really think getting a good one in is crucial. 

We also need a reserve keeper and a few other positions look a bit thin but surely free agents could augment that? And a left back is more important than these positions. 

What I dont get is how he can be ok with Bell but not with Nayambe either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bells played today, done well but it'll be one of his easiest tests this season next one won't be. 

Clean sheet and 5 goals means the whole team and subs and manager have done their jobs beyond expectations. Tonight is one for giving them ALL a toast before the boozers get kyboshed again.

Hopefully the jerks on Bells twitter will have a night off tonight and a bit of rare praise builds hi confidence, he needs it.

Edited by tomphil
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He mentioned on Thursday that he had a meeting in the afternoon about signings. Im guessing it didnt go too well.

The main worry amidst the quote is that left back isnt his main worry. 

Im guessing that the left back who was deciding within 24 hours has decided to go elsewhere.

Or they are just taking longer sizing up other offers like Ayala did.

Analysing the quote a little more, we might put all the remaining money into one signing, but we don't think that should be at LB. Again, worrying. He makes it sound like we are only getting an LB if it's on loan.

We really need King and/or Raya to be sold pronto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We couldnt compete with those 2 clubs. We couldnt afford that sort of fee, backed up by Mowbrays comments today. I dont see why he would come to a side in a similar situation in terms of where they can finish and Johnson would be a regular in our team.

I’m from Glasgow, absolutely disagree that rangers and Celtics level is drastically above ours, most of their players come from or go to championship. Think mowbray is playing the finances close to his chest but he saved a mill on kipre/Ayala triangle, also the loans we have had cost about that past few years- again we don’t have that currently. You clearly don’t get rotation is being a regular in our team, as much as say holtby or rothwell. Travis and Johnson would be tidy imo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomphil said:

Bells played today, done well but it'll be one of his easiest tests this season next one won't be. 

Clean sheet and 5 goals means the whole team and subs and manager have done their jobs beyond expectations. Tonight is one for giving them ALL a toast before the boozers get kyboshed again.

Hopefully the jerks on Bells twitter will have a night off tonight and a bit of rare praise builds hi confidence, he needs it.

Mate, I thought Bell was very poor. Gave the ball away a lot under no pressure. No cutting edge, no penetration. Was thinking all game how much better we’d be with a proper lb in place...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Can you please tell me when I said Manning was the player in question? Because I never did. Something is done, I was told that much and that much only.

You happy with the source Joe. I mean, you were pictured with Swag that day which is about as close as it gets!! ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Can you please tell me when I said Manning was the player in question? Because I never did. Something is done, I was told that much and that much only.

Never said you did? You did however say we’d signed a left back, which we haven’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, I really want to enjoy tonight so have no intention of cracking open this debate again. Venkys (who have been terrible for our club) have also pumped the best part of £150m in and continue to do so. They fund the academy and so much other stuff they genuinely don’t have to.

Swag and Cheston will be trying to keep us within FFP guidelines. You’ve heard these words literally come from the manager and Swag’s mouth before but if they want more money, they only need to ask!

I hope Mowbray is bluffing and I think we’ll get some money from King and Raya sales...so let’s see.

He is hardly going to publically slag off the owners is he, and paying the bills is different to being held back from throwing loads of money on transfers.

Suppose it is just one interpretation against another. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Can you please tell me when I said Manning was the player in question? Because I never did. Something is done, I was told that much and that much only.

Doesnt sound like anything is done based on Mowbrays interview. Unless hes pulled a blinder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Mate, I thought Bell was very poor. Gave the ball away a lot under no pressure. No cutting edge, no penetration. Was thinking all game how much better we’d be with a proper lb in place...?

The bar isn't high though and he's often responsible directly or indirectly for an opposition goal. Wasn't today so i'll take that it's a plus as far as he's concerned.

Totally agree we need a proper left back i don't rate the lad at all and just hope the manager shows some more steel and gets one in. This in recent years has been a big reason why we haven't moved on as maybe we should, the old over loyalty or trying to get away with what he has when he's had opportunities to improve it.

He'll rue it at some point if he doesn't strengthen that position, we all will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

I think you’ve guessed based off Twitter and hoped it’d come off I’ll be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

Keep doing what you are doing for me....don't be silenced...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.