BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

40 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Hadn't thought about it really but now you mention it.

Combine it with the current dispute around the premier league loan to championship and EFL clubs and it looks even more dodgy.

Whole transfer window should run 1st June to the 31st July. Then that's it done.  Allow a one week emergency  loan window first week October.

Saves all the pissing about and all teams know where they stand when season kicks off!

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Whole transfer window should run 1st June to the 31st July. Then that's it done.  Allow a one week emergency  loan window first week October.

Saves all the pissing about and all teams know where they stand when season kicks off!

I kinda miss the days transfers could be done at any time if I’m honest 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I notice last week Mowbray said contract extensions may have to be paid for from his transfer kitty. Ludicrous. Yet if I were betting now I'd put money on neither happening before January.

I would say it’s obvious rather than ludicrous. Any business can only spend its income once. It can spend it on capital items or revenue items but once it’s spent, it’s spent. If Mowbray signs a player, that year’s amortised fee & that year’s wages come out of that year’s budget. If wages of an existing player are increased, it reduces headroom in the budget to spend elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I would say it’s obvious rather than ludicrous. Any business can only spend its income once. It can spend it on capital items or revenue items but once it’s spent, it’s spent. If Mowbray signs a player, that year’s amortised fee & that year’s wages come out of that year’s budget. If wages of an existing player are increased, it reduces headroom in the budget to spend elsewhere. 

That's ignoring the estimated £70,000 a week shaved off the wage bill since last season. So extensions/wage increases should be coming out of that pot.

As I say, doubt this 'pot' will be used for either new contracts or permanent additions.

End of the day it doesn't matter. What actually matters is the fact that half our burgeoning young squad will be able to walk away for nowt in the summer. Unless we act quickly and decisively we are going to lose millions in assets and face a mammoth recruitment job next summer.

Not interested in excuses. I just want it sorting and quick.

Whilst actually adding new players is exciting, the transfer window and especially transfer deadline day is a total ballache. People pestering journalists on social media every day, every hour, any transfer news, any news, as if someones gonna turn around and say yeah Rovers are about to sign someone I just forgot to mention. The folk at Sky Sports rolling around like pigs in shit, Jim White, Darmesh Sheth, Kaveh Solekal acting as if they have loads of top secret information. Fake ITK attention seekers who must have a very sad life. When did it become like this? They should shorten the window, well before the season starts. 4 games in and we are no closer to doing half of our business. Same with many others. Chaos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's ignoring the estimated £70,000 a week shaved off the wage bill since last season. So extensions/wage increases should be coming out of that pot.

You know that nobody has been in the ground spending money since Feb and we've only sold 2.5k season tickets? Where do you think that shortfall is coming from considering Mowbray hasn't had to sell anyone?

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Meanwhile you're ignoring, again, the multi million pound losses that have and will happen from covid.

Very worried about several of those contract situations too though. As I've said before this looks a make or break season.

• Like 1