BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

The commercial operation at Rovers stinks. How can we be constantly out of shirts?

I haven't bought one since the totally wicked logo. It looks shite. But it seems to be persistent. At no other club does this happen

My younger brother is Villa obsessed and their shop is brilliant. It has all sorts. Ours in comparison is just dead...and it never used to be like that

This club really does deserve better. Improving this side of things is not related to financial fair play. And, if done right, actually does pay for itself you know...............

Edited by Dreams of 1995

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The commercial operation at Rovers stinks. How can we be constantly out of shirts?

I haven't bought one since the totally wicked logo. It looks shite. But it seems to be persistent. At no other club does this happen

My younger brother is Villa obsessed and their shop is brilliant. It has all sorts. Ours in comparison is just dead...and it never used to be like that

This club really does deserve better. Improving this side of things is not related to financial fair play. And, if done right, actually does pay for itself you know...............

As previously said by the club and in this thread, initial batch available on launch day, rest of the shirts in time for the wba match. 

As for other clubs.... neither Barcelona nor real Madrid have their 3 kits out yet. Don't think man u or Liverpool do. Chelsea's home using available until mid Chelsea. 

Lots of clubs don't have all of their kits out yet. 

Just now, alex l said:

As previously said by the club and in this thread, initial batch available on launch day, rest of the shirts in time for the wba match. 

As for other clubs.... neither Barcelona nor real Madrid have their 3 kits out yet. Don't think man u or Liverpool do. Chelsea's home using available until mid Chelsea. 

Lots of clubs don't have all of their kits out yet. 

No. But you can buy home and away shirts for those clubs. You can't at Rovers

In fact, a lot of clubs now take this time to sell excess stock from last season. Meaning you could pick up a kit for about £25. A lot of lads who play 5 a side pick these up because they are decent cheap tops to play in

Rovers don't have any in surplus because we ran out in October last year(?)

This ‘initial batch’ thing is a bit odd but whatever.

It’s the running out of the main stock before Christmas or well before the end of the season *every* year that is the big issue. Just doesn’t happen anywhere else and is another symptom of this pathetic commercial operation down there.

• Like 1

You don't have to go back many seasons to when we had loads of surplus kit at the end of the season and struggled to shift it. Club needs to find a better balance and I'm sure they previously said they've increased the stock this season so let's see if it turns out any better. 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Agree with all of this, especially the bit in bold. There are so many club shops, not only at Premier League level, but at Championship and below, that put ours to shame.

This isn't having a go for the sake of it, or trying to pin everything on the owners. However, as a regular club shop visitor, I have seen the decline over the years, and it all started when these owners came in. It wasn't like this before. 

The lack of interest and the low standards from the top have filtered down throughout the entire club.

It's disappointing as I want to buy things from there, but imo, there isn't much worth buying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan said:

You could try signing up for an online card like Revolut? 

Doesn’t work. To complete the transaction I need to enter a post code, when I do it just says transaction failed. I even tried to enter a random UK post code but still the same thing happens.  I’ve never known any issues like this before when buying anything else online, it’s an absolute shambles.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but could questions be asked about sorting the bar out at the next fans forum?

The amount of time it takes to get a pint is pathetic...i usually go int the family stand too so god knows what it's like in other stands with more people there

Edited by levi

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It has been mentioned numerous times before, acknowledged but nothing is done. Whether it be bottle bars, pre pouring pints, it just gets worse without change.

I was hungry before kickoff, absolutely no chance with the queue being so long.

Went during the first half and got a hot dog, £5 and the sausage was like leather. 

Threw half of it in the bin, what a waste of money.

First and last time I'll be using the catering inside Ewood, cheaper and better outside from those burger vans..

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

On 06/08/2023 at 15:32, levi said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but could questions be asked about sorting the bar out at the next fans forum?

The amount of time it takes to get a pint is pathetic...i usually go int the family stand too so god knows what it's like in other stands with more people there

This frustrates the hell out of me. You get to the stage where it's not even worth going for a pint at half time as you have to miss the end of the first half to give you a chance and then down it quickly so you don't miss too much of the second half.

Same issue across various stadiums - but Rovers' seem particularly bad.

If someone can invent a solution where you can pre-order drinks on an app and then collect from an Amazon style locker in the concourse (chilled) clubs would sell a hell of a lot more drinks. 

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If someone can invent a solution where you can pre-order drinks on an app and then collect from an Amazon style locker in the concourse (chilled) clubs would sell a hell of a lot more drinks. 

Quite a few clubs have self serve/pre order facilities now (I believe that lot up the road have something now, no idea how good it is though)

• Like 1

On 06/08/2023 at 15:32, levi said:

@only2garnerscould you also add that in the JW lower (Darwen End half) the old betting kiosks are left empty when they could be utilised as bottle bars (I believe they do this in the Blackburn End). There is only 1 kiosk in the JW lower that serves alcohol and the queues are ridiculous. There's another kiosk that does food only and that copes quite well. So can they either reintroduce alcohol in there or make use of the old betting kiosks with bottles?

Thanks. 

Bring back the fellas/women who used to walk down the front of the Riverside with insulated boxes full of pies!  It would of course be better if they could dish out booze though.  That's part of the problem really, a 15 minute window to buy and consume booze is not adequate in most grounds.  If you could sup at your seat it would be staggered and far better.

Yes I know I know you don't need alcohol to enjoy football before anyone pipes up, some (a lot) do enjoy it though.

43 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bring back the fellas/women who used to walk down the front of the Riverside with insulated boxes full of pies!  It would of course be better if they could dish out booze though.  That's part of the problem really, a 15 minute window to buy and consume booze is not adequate in most grounds.  If you could sup at your seat it would be staggered and far better.

Yes I know I know you don't need alcohol to enjoy football before anyone pipes up, some (a lot) do enjoy it though.

But it does help, with the Rovers.

Then they need life bans and arrested on a public order offence, a draconian approach is needed on these cretins in order to allow the 99% fans that can behave themselves to enjoy a normal day out. 

Things change quickly, look at the re-introduction of standing, nobody saw that coming five or so years ago.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1