BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

On 16/03/2021 at 15:18, bluebruce said:

Wow, that post is going to be absolute message board gold in time. In fact, now - he's already clearly better than L1.

Hope so!

He has proved me wrong lately but needs to work on his end product and still has a long way to go to nail down a regular starting spot. 

Edited by Torgeir
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Hope so!

He has proved me wrong lately but needs to work on his end product and still has a long way to go to nail down a regular starting spot. 

Agree he needs to work on his end product but so does...*checks notes* every player in the team.

I don't think he has a long way to go down to nail a regular spot at all, except for the judgement of the bloke in charge. For me he has been well worth a starting spot all season. Although I would rest him on 3-game weeks.

People forget how good his numbers were for his minutes on the pitch until he was dropped. I'm positive he would be our second top scorer right now if he had started regularly. Getting dropped when he did killed his momentum, and I feel it made him too keen to show off his footwork in sub appearances as a way of forcing the manager's attention on him. I also feel that because of his scintillating ability with the ball, he gets more pressure for the end product than is actually fair.

A year or two from now, if he continues to be given starts like lately, I expect everybody to be saying he is the best player at the club and asking how long we can keep him and how much money we can get.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19191781.mowbray-outlines-key-factor-lewis-holtby-contract-talks/

It's like no one in rush at Rovers like Waggott and Mowbray to sort out what is going on with them and will they be offer a new contract. 

Looking like the 3 players I would deffo be offering contracts to in JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell wont be here next season unless they sign new contracts. So why wont they sign new contracts? Is it the contract terms being offered? Or Mowbray use of them within the team? Etc. 

Rothwell and JRC are represented by this agent https://www.murdocksportsgroup.co.uk/clients/ Also Travis has the same agent. 

Nyambe's agent is Midas Sports management 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19191781.mowbray-outlines-key-factor-lewis-holtby-contract-talks/

It's like no one in rush at Rovers like Waggott and Mowbray to sort out what is going on with them and will they be offer a new contract. 

Looking like the 3 players I would deffo be offering contracts to in JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell wont be here next season unless they sign new contracts. So why wont they sign new contracts? Is it the contract terms being offered? Or Mowbray use of them within the team? Etc. 

Rothwell and JRC are represented by this agent https://www.murdocksportsgroup.co.uk/clients/ Also Travis has the same agent. 

I came here to say the same Chaddy, they look like they're in no rush at all. And frankly it isn't acceptable.

With so much projected turnover of playing staff, between contracts running down and loans ending, before any sales, and nothing but pride left to play for this season, all attention should be turned to summer activity. And a crucial step in that is establishing who will still be under contract. Especially with so many running down, how can we possibly set our transfer targets without a clearer picture of that?

But not only are we not even in contract talks with a player it sounds like TM wants to keep, but we haven't even had an informal chat with him about whether he is interested in staying on. Even though he is in the building and working with the manager every day.

I mean on top of everything else I said, there is the traditional delay from Venkys deciding what the budget is, so we really can't afford this lackadaisical approach, and need to get the picture clear in the ways we can, ASAP.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely Holtby has been told he's not going to get a new contract. He'll be on a fair whack and he's absolutely not deserved it.

Clear some of this deadwood off the books now to give the new manager a chance. 

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure the ones like Johnson, Evans and Bennett will all get new deals however.

Why? 

Does Bennett went to keep travelling and being away from his family now after this season? Surely he will find a club closer to his home in the Midlands. Linked with Shrewsbury in January. Maybe he is going there. 

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I came here to say the same Chaddy, they look like they're in no rush at all. And frankly it isn't acceptable.

With so much projected turnover of playing staff, between contracts running down and loans ending, before any sales, and nothing but pride left to play for this season, all attention should be turned to summer activity. And a crucial step in that is establishing who will still be under contract. Especially with so many running down, how can we possibly set our transfer targets without a clearer picture of that?

But not only are we not even in contract talks with a player it sounds like TM wants to keep, but we haven't even had an informal chat with him about whether he is interested in staying on. Even though he is in the building and working with the manager every day.

I mean on top of everything else I said, there is the traditional delay from Venkys deciding what the budget is, so we really can't afford this lackadaisical approach, and need to get the picture clear in the ways we can, ASAP.

Waggott and Mowbray don't seem to being rushing at all. If Anything its like Mowbray isn't interested or bothered at all. 

Our Recruitment department will have a series of players for each positions in different price regions depending on our budget. Hopefully the owners and Pasha will be sacking Mowbray and appoint a new manager or bringing in a change in football structure by end of the season. (even tho I would have done it now)

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Surely Holtby has been told he's not going to get a new contract. He'll be on a fair whack and he's absolutely not deserved it.

Clear some of this deadwood off the books now to give the new manager a chance. 

I am hoping his initial weekly wage wasn't silly money and more performance and appearance based contract

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Both Venkys and their consistent negligence and disinterest and Mowbray who hasnt the foggiest where his players see their future are beyond a joke, really.

They have backed Mowbray financially in terms of wages and transfers fees and his long term plan. Mowbray has had 6 transfers windows and we haven't improved enough to warrant him staying as manager next season. I would have sack him, Venus and Lowe over the international break and appoint Damien Johnson as caretaker manager for rest of the season.  

18 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

From the snippets I've been told jrc isn't re signing nyambe and Rothwell aren't either suspect that's down to how they feel about tm, and the fact he's likely to still be here next season

I can understand JR and RN but JRC? JR and RN have been in and out of the team and might feel they deserve better but JRC only really broke in at end of last season and start of this and generally plays when fit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

From the snippets I've been told jrc isn't re signing nyambe and Rothwell aren't either suspect that's down to how they feel about tm, and the fact he's likely to still be here next season

And yet we'd probably be in a better place with those 3 here and Mowbray gone.

I would actually be a bit miffed if JRC didnt resign. I know this is hearsay btw.

Would this be his first senior contract? So, he gets dumped by United at youth level, we pick him up, he uses our facilities, eventually makes the team and will then jump ship at the first chance? Id expect at least a couple seasons out of him as some kind of appreciation.

• Like 3

Does anyone seriously believe that contract negotiations have taken place or serious offers have been put to these players?

We all know the way these people operate and how long it takes for anything to get done and their once per year review and budget setting. 

New contracts such as these will not have been approved or authorised by India yet. Waggott and Mowbray will toe the part line and shield their bosses from criticism and make no mistake will try to paint the players and their agents as the culprits or villains when deals don't get signed.

They're having us on. If you believe these players have already been made reasonable offers but have decided not to accept them because of footballing reasons I think you are sorely mistaken. I suppose that means I believe Mowbray/Waggott to be liars but I think they'd say anything to protect themselves.

Won't be long before these players are all greedy in their demands and holding the club to ransom.

Yes, this undoubtedly means that the likes of Evans and Bennett will be more likely to sign new deals than Nyambe or JRC. Why? Because someone like Nyambe will have a whole host of Championship sides after him on a free transfer and they'll probably be testing the water already.

By the time we get around to having a budget and approval for new deals the only ones still interested will be those attracting minimal interest from elsewhere or unable to command good deals elsewhere. Coupled with the lack of time to do business and cronyism here under Mowbray and they'll probably get offers by default.

• Like 3

I’m furious about Nyambe but you can’t blame him with how he’s been used and then replaced by a winger. I do wonder how many of the players actually like playing for Mowbray to have so many out of contract it’s beyond negligent. Either that or they’re hoping low ball offers due to the market 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? 

Does Bennett went to keep travelling and being away from his family now after this season? Surely he will find a club closer to his home in the Midlands. Linked with Shrewsbury in January. Maybe he is going there. 

Waggott and Mowbray don't seem to being rushing at all. If Anything its like Mowbray isn't interested or bothered at all. 

Our Recruitment department will have a series of players for each positions in different price regions depending on our budget. Hopefully the owners and Pasha will be sacking Mowbray and appoint a new manager or bringing in a change in football structure by end of the season. (even tho I would have done it now)

I am hoping his initial weekly wage wasn't silly money and more performance and appearance based contract

They have backed Mowbray financially in terms of wages and transfers fees and his long term plan. Mowbray has had 6 transfers windows and we haven't improved enough to warrant him staying as manager next season. I would have sack him, Venus and Lowe over the international break and appoint Damien Johnson as caretaker manager for rest of the season.  

You are being naive if you are just now blaming everything on Mowbray and a perceived disinterest. Your idea of proactively sacking the manager over the international break was never realistic because our owners dont care, hence the yearly charade whereby the manager is totally in the dark as to how much money he will have until he goes over to grovel to them after the season has finished, when in the last 2 seasons, any competitiveness finished well in advance of the end of the season. Mowbray's recruitment has been poor but lets not pretend that the problems stop at Mowbray. (or even Mowbray and Waggott) There is so much naivety in your post that we are on the brink of lots of proactive decisions that will turn us around, detailed recruitment highlighting signings waiting to be done, a new efficient football structure and a new manager.

Why do I think that those players will stay? Because for years we have lacked a ruthless edge, the same manager will likely be here and we seem destined to lose quite a few (Armstrong, Elliott, Harwood Bellis, Branthwaite, Douglas, Trybull, Rothwell, Holtby, Nyambe and maybe Rankin Costello) so there will probably be more of a likelihood/desperation to sign up the others, Bennett will be a "trusty" squad player for Mowbray, Johnson plays when fit usually, even the likes of Evans and Bell may well be signed up, the question is would you be surprised?

42 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Where did you hear that none of those 3 will sign new deals?

It is awful management of them to allow them to be so close to expiry but then again, in particular Rankin Costello and Rothwell will struggle to get better than the amount of game time they get here at a club further up the table. The former is injury prone and hasnt fully established himself, or if he has, only just without necessarily standing out, and Rothwell has flattered to deceive for 3 years. Nyambe has done more but even then, how many teams above us does he get into the first 11 of? Not many if any.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are being naive

Bennett will be a "trusty" squad player for Mowbray,

Exactly.  Bennet will be on 10k pw here i bet....so, he will get a reduced mates rates new deal for 12 months on 5k.  Shrewsbury would be offering him 1-2k so, I expect.him to wring the last drop out of us for another 12 months.  Mowbray can justify it because, as you say, the squad will be bare.

A fucking joke of a club.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe has done more but even then, how many teams above us does he get into the first 11 of? Not many if any.

The vast majority of them for me. I can count on one hand the amount of times I thought the opposition RB was better than him on the day. But game of opinions, and given your statement there you're obviously not going to agree with me.

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are being naive if you are just now blaming everything on Mowbray and a perceived disinterest.

Mowbray is the manager and he is charge of getting results. He has failed to get good results for a top 6 finish which the aim was. He should be sack. All 3 players should have been offered new contracts 12 to 18 months ago. 

Maybe instead of keep calling people naïve(something you keep doing to posters and boring now!) and actually look at why players like JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell won't sign new contracts? 

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your idea of proactively sacking the manager over the international break was never realistic because our owners dont care, hence the yearly charade whereby the manager is totally in the dark as to how much money he will have until he goes over to grovel to them after the season has finished,

Even tho the owners have done it twice before. Appleton and Bowyer. 

Mowbray didn't go to India last summer and wont this summer due to the pandemic. You keep defending Mowbray over this but he had 3 seasons now. Where the top 6 finish Mowbray promise this past summer? Do you want him sack or keep him? I have my views on the manager situation and different ways we could have change manager and appoint a caretaker till the summer and appoint a full time manager then

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray's recruitment has been poor but lets not pretend that the problems stop at Mowbray.

Mowbray's recruitment has been more than poor. You can keep blaming the owners all you want but Mowbray has been backed in terms of finances. He has been allowed 3 seasons to build a top 6 quality and he said he had this season. How wrong he was? He deserve the sack simple as. 

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is so much naivety in your post that we are on the brink of lots of proactive decisions that will turn us around, detailed recruitment highlighting signings waiting to be done, a new efficient football structure and a new manager.

There is no naivety in my post at all. Naivety comes from yourself. 

Thats what a recruitment departments. Identify players that fit within the budget and the type of players want within the formation and style the manager/head coach plays. Its down to Mowbray, Venus and Waggott to make it happen not the recruitment department as they have done their job. 

Look at how clubs like Norwich, Brentford and Barnsley do it.  We are far too slow getting the job done

without hope what do we have? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray is the manager and he is charge of getting results. He has failed to get good results for a top 6 finish which the aim was. He should be sack. All 3 players should have been offered new contracts 12 to 18 months ago. 

Maybe instead of keep calling people naïve(something you keep doing to posters and boring now!) and actually look at why players like JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell won't sign new contracts? 

Even tho the owners have done it twice before. Appleton and Bowyer. 

Mowbray didn't go to India last summer and wont this summer due to the pandemic. You keep defending Mowbray over this but he had 3 seasons now. Where the top 6 finish Mowbray promise this past summer? Do you want him sack or keep him? I have my views on the manager situation and different ways we could have change manager and appoint a caretaker till the summer and appoint a full time manager then

Mowbray's recruitment has been more than poor. You can keep blaming the owners all you want but Mowbray has been backed in terms of finances. He has been allowed 3 seasons to build a top 6 quality and he said he had this season. How wrong he was? He deserve the sack simple as. 

There is no naivety in my post at all. Naivety comes from yourself. 

Thats what a recruitment departments. Identify players that fit within the budget and the type of players want within the formation and style the manager/head coach plays. Its down to Mowbray, Venus and Waggott to make it happen not the recruitment department as they have done their job. 

Look at how clubs like Norwich, Brentford and Barnsley do it.  We are far too slow getting the job done

without hope what do we have? 

I know that Mowbray should be sacked, I have being saying as much for quite a while and in the last few weeks you have joined me and many others in sharing that opinion, problem being that you seem to think now that all the problems are solely with Mowbray.

I am not defending Mowbray in any way, I have regularly criticised his recruitment and his tactics, I am just saying that the owners were never going to sack the manager during the international break because they dont seem to care. He will almost certainly still be here next season. Last year was an unusual one because of the pandemic but it was simply down to restrictions rather than proactivity that the manager didnt need to wait until after the season had finished before flying over to beg for money/sort his budget. But Mowbray will be totally in the dark as to what his budget will be next season or even what they think about the managers future and the teams progress. It is not a healthy way to run a football club, and whilst Mowbray should have gone long ago, when he goes, some problems will still remain.

I do agree to an extent with your last sentence, since Venkys took over hope is all that we have had, blind hope.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I would actually be a bit miffed if JRC didnt resign. I know this is hearsay btw.

Would this be his first senior contract? So, he gets dumped by United at youth level, we pick him up, he uses our facilities, eventually makes the team and will then jump ship at the first chance? Id expect at least a couple seasons out of him as some kind of appreciation.

From his point of view he may be worried about being played out of position. He’s been widely quoted as stating he sees himself as a winger/wide forward. Perhaps there’s some concern that playing at full back may prevent him from realising his full potential?

• Like 3