BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A quote from the LT comments from a Skip Donoghue:-

You are correct about the younger players being on peanuts in comparison to the more senior players that have left, Warton has just signed a new deal and had an increase(not been made public yet) JRC is the lowest paid in the whole squad, his contract is being dragged out by the powers that be in the club, they are trying to low ball him even though he isn't asking for anything the other young players are on, I have been told he is majorly not happy with the people who run the club, he gets on great with TM and all the staff and wants to stay, but it's looking more likely he will leave and he is on the verge of asking for his contract to be cancelled, that's how strongly he feels about the way the club are treating him with total disrespect and he is irked by the faceless suits that run the club, so watch this space as far as JRC is concerned

Skip is regularly on the money with information about the youngsters and particularly JRC. It's incredibly poor management to treat one of our best prospects in such a shoddy way. Waggott, Venus and Pasha's grubby fingerprints are all over this.

• Like 5

JRC should be one of the easiest contracts to tie up. He’s a decent prospect but I wouldn’t have thought he’s played regularly enough to attract any serious interest from elsewhere, he’s had some big injuries too. If we’re struggling to get him to renew, and as Skip says I doubt he’s asking for much, then that’s very poor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frosty said:

JRC should be one of the easiest contracts to tie up. He’s a decent prospect but I wouldn’t have thought he’s played regularly enough to attract any serious interest from elsewhere, he’s had some big injuries too. If we’re struggling to get him to renew, and as Skip says I doubt he’s asking for much, then that’s very poor.

Would be a good pickup on a free though at this level. Especially considering age and wages,plus decent experience at this level.

Obvious taps are now off. We cannot even keep LBs we don't want as they have been offered better wages elsewhere. Now our youngsters are fckin off too. What can he be on and what would he be on compared to some other dross? 

5 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A quote from the LT comments from a Skip Donoghue:-

You are correct about the younger players being on peanuts in comparison to the more senior players that have left, Warton has just signed a new deal and had an increase(not been made public yet) JRC is the lowest paid in the whole squad, his contract is being dragged out by the powers that be in the club, they are trying to low ball him even though he isn't asking for anything the other young players are on, I have been told he is majorly not happy with the people who run the club, he gets on great with TM and all the staff and wants to stay, but it's looking more likely he will leave and he is on the verge of asking for his contract to be cancelled, that's how strongly he feels about the way the club are treating him with total disrespect and he is irked by the faceless suits that run the club, so watch this space as far as JRC is concerned

I’m led to believe a similar situation occurred with Raya. Painted as the villain of the piece for “wanting to move to Brentford”, he had asked for an increase in wages to take him from from a first year pro to something more befitting of a first choice keeper and was knocked back.

Nyambe has apparently been offered a long term deal on the same money, so basically an extension to his first proper pro contract and an amount far less than he’d be able to command elsewhere. Presumably he’d be even worse off as Mowbray likes denying him an appearance bonus wherever possible.

• Like 5

Echoes of the Mahonney thing here as well, don't forget that started a long time before Bournemouth stepped in.

Something i mentioned a while back that getting compen and add ons for these lads might appeal when money is tight. Cheaper than doffing out pay rises.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m led to believe a similar situation occurred with Raya. Painted as the villain of the piece for “wanting to move to Brentford”, he had asked for an increase in wages to take him from from a first year pro to something more befitting of a first choice keeper and was knocked back.

Nyambe has apparently been offered a long term deal on the same money, so basically an extension to his first proper pro contract and an amount far less than he’d be able to command elsewhere. Presumably he’d be even worse off as Mowbray likes denying him an appearance bonus wherever possible.

yet we can sign a crock from boro on relatively good wages and its no problem

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

yet we can sign a crock from boro on relatively good wages and its no problem

And a keeper we probably didn't need.

And extend players contracts we weren't even going to use last season.

And carry players till they are fit to go and further their careers elsewhere.

Oh and Stuart Downing.

• Like 5

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And a keeper we probably didn't need.

And extend players contracts we weren't even going to use last season.

And carry players till they are fit to go and further their careers elsewhere.

Oh and Stuart Downing.

Odds on for Head of Recruitment for no reason whatsoever...

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 14:13, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bizarre unfolding of Harry Chapman's contract scenario with his Blackburn Rovers future in doubt - LancsLive

Looks like the fax machine has been on the blink again. What a farce!

That's a ridiculous scenario. Everyone thinks we have an option for an additional year in his contract (including the player and his agent), yet we don't? 

For the record, if Mowbray is still here, it wouldn't even have been worth taking up a year extension on his contract anyway. He appeared to be sulking enough about lack of game time, without being forced to say and work with Mowbray.

On 17/05/2021 at 14:13, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bizarre unfolding of Harry Chapman's contract scenario with his Blackburn Rovers future in doubt - LancsLive

Looks like the fax machine has been on the blink again. What a farce!

So the bloody manager doesn't even know whether we have an option on the player?

I hope Chapman stays and gets a chance under a new manager but otherwise he's better out of this farce. Mowbray has signed him twice and never given him a proper chance on either occasion.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 20:13, frosty said:

Unless he doesn't want to be here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank god for that! One down, several more to go.

I’d really like to see JRC play in a more advanced role this season. Can see him having a similar impact to Harvey Elliott with the added bonus of some tracking back!

Could get excited to the point of getting carried away about our young lads with a better manager in charge of them.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Thank god for that! One down, several more to go.

I’d really like to see JRC play in a more advanced role this season. Can see him having a similar impact to Harvey Elliott with the added bonus of some tracking back!

Could get excited to the point of getting carried away about our young lads with a better manager in charge of them.

agreed,he`s not a right back at all,though  i can see mowbray playing him there even if nyambe signs a new deal😒

• Like 2

On 16/04/2021 at 11:26, RevidgeBlue said:

This is another reason why Mowbray needed to go a while back. He must be on his last legs and should have no input on who does and doesn't get a new deal.

Should have been down to a new man.

(To be fair to the owners would you give TM any more money)

You have named it there, Rev.

"To be fair to the owners, would you give him any more money?"...and yet they leave him in post!!!!

It is just not credible for Venky's to hold both views at the same time.

Yet another argument for Venky's out, as far as I am concerned. I am sick of the club being mismanaged.

• Like 2