BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

We are more interested in keeping possession than doing anything dangerous with it.

For all the pretty football, and the genuine potential this side has, that's our biggest weakness this season.

It's not that we're more interested in possession than doing anything with it - it's that the movement upfront is poor.

Just watch us next time we have the ball in an advanced position out wide. The movement is almost non-existent. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's funny how the defence are always blamed on here. Over the top. Defence starts with attack. We have regressed in midfield and upfront too. 

Some crazy results so far today 

Nope. You build a team from the back.

Mowbray agrees with you though, which is why we are where we are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not that we're more interested in possession than doing anything with it - it's that the movement upfront is poor.

Just watch us next time we have the ball in an advanced position out wide. The movement is almost non-existent. 

Yep that's a part of what I'm talking about - in fact I've pointed it out on numerous threads before. I was about to post at the start of the half, watch how Norwich players move around when they have the ball in our third compared to how ours do, but then we started moving a bit better.

I maintain that it is about us, as an outfit, being more interested in keeping it than doing anything dangerous with it. The lack of movement is part of that psychology. I don't feel like we focus much of our coaching on getting the players moving. As long as we keep possession TM seems happy with how we attack.

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Elliott is some prospect. Sadly not for us after this season.

He's just a yard too slow to be sensational on his own at this level. 

Playing with better players he'll be great at the next level - his range of passing will make up for his lack of pace.