BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

3 minutes ago, Miker said:

I'm surprised at all the criticism for Johnson and Douglas. Thought Douglas one of the best players on the pitch with several great deliveries.  Johnson also controlling much of the midfield with several great challenges and passes out wide to Elliott.

Gally has been too quiet for me and also leaving Douglas exposed on the left flank. Elliott has looked good but he's picking the wrong decision too often. 

I think this might be a game for Buckley to have an impact in, as it feels like the right pass could unlock their defence and give us a goal. 

Unfortunately somebody has to be the scapegoat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joar said:

I would say that was a fairly even first half, but Norwich clearly have more quality players and the biggest chances so far. Pukki is a level above. really. You can also tell they have more players good on the ball, as when they have possession it's faster and more precise

As evidenced by his PL season last year, no he's not. He's a very good Championship player, but nothing more.

Douglas weak apart from his set pieces.

Midfield not making an impact.

Just not happening it for us up front in the same way it didn't at Bristol City.

Things might happen in the second half- we get it together or they run away with it. Would like to see Davenport get a run.

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

This getting halfway into their half then within two oasses Kaminski has it is really bugging me.  Look forwards, we are.losing.

We have been at this since last season. Turning back in the opposition half and next thing it's with our keeper. We are far too conservative at times, but I do see why cos sometimes we try quick balls forward and it goes wrong. 

When Armstrong is off it, we struggle badly. Mowbray has faith in him as the main man, but I have my doubts he will do it consistently when it matters against teams above us or where he doesn't get 7 shots per game 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Worth noting after 18 games:

2018 - 26 points and 5 off playoffs 
2019 - 24 points and 6 off playoffs

Lose this and it’s 25 points and 6 off playoffs. We can complain about injuries but we’re just not progressing and it couldn’t be highlighted any more than by looking at our back 4 during that 45 mins. 

You'll not hear Tony quoting those stats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Bit OTT some comments I think.  They look better, more a prem side with a good manager.  We have huffed and puffed but as is often the case we gonforward and I feel nothing is going to come of it, they go forward and I think they're going to score.

Sadly I don't think we have anyone on the bench to effect change, maybe Davenport, Downing but for who.  Dolan?  Don't think he would do anything ither than the obligatory stepovers.

That description, and saying the comments so far are OTT, seems incongruous.

I do generally agree that some of the comments are a little excessive. They are looking more formidable than us, but they're also the top side in the league so far. Still, we have to be trying to get something today.

Lucky we aren’t 0-4 down IMO. Douglas getting skinned alive plus when he does get the ball he always turns back, at least Bell keeps them guessing. Illuminating for me has been the difference between Pukki and Armstrong, very clever run tracked by no-one for their goal, leaving Gallagher of all people as the shot blocker. Only bright spot for me has been Elliott.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Lose this and it’s 25 points and 6 off playoffs. We can complain about injuries but we’re just not progressing and it couldn’t be highlighted any more than by looking at our back 4 during that 45 mins. 

I assumed it would be similar to this but that’s got to be eye opening even for Mowbray’s biggest fans.

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Good points. We are standing still under this manager..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mark Hughes still out there and available.

Lost his mojo and his backroom staff.

It's a no from me. 

Go find a young, hungry manager from the lower leagues. Someone who's ripping up trees, but doesn't have the funds / hasn't been there long enough to kick the team on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, USABlue said:

This getting halfway into their half then within two oasses Kaminski has it is really bugging me.  Look forwards, we are.losing.

We are more interested in keeping possession than doing anything dangerous with it.

For all the pretty football, and the genuine potential this side has, that's our biggest weakness this season.