BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats the problem with this 4-3-3 the better teams get behind us easily

Agreed. Playing 4-3-3 you need to be defensively strong. Something we're not. 

If you watch Douglas he constantly comes out of position, its almost like he thinks he's playing left midfield. 

Douglas the new Mulgrew, in the team for his set pieces rather than his defensive ability. There’s been 3 or 4 times they’ve attacked down the right and Douglas hasn’t even been in position to defend, and when he is in position he’s getting turned inside out.... Even game on the whole but we’ve been far to sloppy at times, giving the ball away far to much. Elliott has looked dangerous everytime he’s got on the ball, if we are to get back in this match then give him the ball. Next goal is crucial. 

• Like 2

Bit OTT some comments I think.  They look better, more a prem side with a good manager.  We have huffed and puffed but as is often the case we gonforward and I feel nothing is going to come of it, they go forward and I think they're going to score.

Sadly I don't think we have anyone on the bench to effect change, maybe Davenport, Downing but for who.  Dolan?  Don't think he would do anything ither than the obligatory stepovers.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

Douglas has provided excellent set piece delivery but has been defensively abject.

Gallagher isn't working, Johnson is struggling and getting closed down.

Can't agree with ifollows assessment it's harsh. It's been an even game in midfield but the best chances by far have fallen to Norwich. We are lucky it's only 1-0. Should really be 2 or 3 to them.

So what do we change? For me Bell, Davenport, Dolan on. Gallagher, Johnson, Douglas off.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Well that was bobbins.

Particularly listening to the three stooges blather on about how well we’ve done. Better team my arse.

Everyone has brought into Mowbray’s ‘beautiful football’. It’s almost like they don’t watch us. We haven’t beaten a team in the top half FFS. 

I would say that was a fairly even first half, but Norwich clearly have more quality players and the biggest chances so far. Pukki is a level above. really. You can also tell they have more players good on the ball, as when they have possession it's faster and more precise

This turning attack into defence on the wings is so frustrating, especially as it's a hit and hope whether our defence will make a horrendous cock up of it. Whatever happened to getting forward and getting a cross in? We get forward then pass it back unless Harvey Elliot has it.

Three passes forward, chance to get the ball in the box, then three passes back, pass forward lose the ball. This is how our possession stats look favourable. We're very good at holding on the ball whilst doing nothing with it.

For me Mowbray has got confused with the fact he's managing a mid table Championship club, and playing football manager on the PC where he's in charge of Liverpool.

I hope it gets better in the second half but I can't see it.

Edited by booth

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Johnson and Douglas two of the slowest players in the championship surely 

I'm surprised at all the criticism for Johnson and Douglas. Thought Douglas one of the best players on the pitch with several great deliveries.  Johnson also controlling much of the midfield with several great challenges and passes out wide to Elliott.

Gally has been too quiet for me and also leaving Douglas exposed on the left flank. Elliott has looked good but he's picking the wrong decision too often. 

I think this might be a game for Buckley to have an impact in, as it feels like the right pass could unlock their defence and give us a goal. 

Worth noting after 18 games:

2018 - 26 points and 5 off playoffs 
2019 - 24 points and 6 off playoffs

Lose this and it’s 25 points and 6 off playoffs. We can complain about injuries but we’re just not progressing and it couldn’t be highlighted any more than by looking at our back 4 during that 45 mins. 

• Like 9