BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

I can only assume now that Mowbray, as a centre half himself, works off the basis that defenders should know how to defend and therefore does no work with them. It's the only explanation I can think of for the recurring defensive shit shows. 

No team could go anywhere conceding soft goals like us, at any level. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Kendall an inexperienced player/manager came into a reasonable but underperforming squad. He set up the defence to be hard to score against. He had similar playing history and seemed to thrive on the respect of the other players. He showed a passion for the game and the club he worked for. He also realised that at his age this was the chance to prolong his involvement in football as long as he was successful. Quite a few and important similarities.

Even at the end of his career Kendall was the best player on the park most of the time. That's why the players respected him.

• Like 3

The only positive in any capacity today was that it was free to watch.

The saddest thing for me is that even with all of the firepower we had at our disposal off the bench, I never genuinely felt we had the capability to produce that moment of magic to get back in the game. Elliot then Dack obviously came very close, but aside from that briefest of flurries across the 90 minutes we never once knocked on their door. Arma came on and vanished into thin air. Brereton I fear has lost a little spark since his injury, though I am sure it'll return. Elliot is unfortunately looking increasingly wasted with us: that kid is a mile above anyone else on his day. Dack looked like a man who'd not played for a year. I love Dolan and the lad has scores of potential, but I fear right now he is still a bit undercooked, being rapid and skillful is only of use when it creates meaningful chances.

I would love to know what instructions the substitutes were given today, or what the lads were tipped off about at half time. It seemed to me we just brought on more and more people who have increasing ability to score as the game went on, with little regard for how they actually fitted together in cohesive tactics.

The only other point worthy of mention today was that Stewart Downing was pissed off when he was substituted. That outburst of anger and whatever else to me is worth a thousand "We go again next week [pointless emoji" tweets afterwards. It has been said on here a lot, but it is completely true: how we miss the likes of Todd, Short and Savage - not the most naturally gifted of players but ones who would have died if it meant three points. 

• Like 7