BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

Mowbray isn't going anywhere, the only way us supporters can make our point, is to ignore the club whilst Mowbray is still here. For me this will be very difficult, but it is the only way I can see. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Brereton shouldn't be anywhere near that team next match starting or bench, but of course everyone knows he'll be a starter.

Huffed and puffed all match, passed it to imaginary friends, couldn't shoot for shite. Money well spent Tony.

The fact that he had improved on last season appears to mean we are not allowed to comment that, despite his endeavour, he often looks like it is his 1st game, and we can NEVER be sure that he will be able to create or take any of the pitifully few chances he has to score. 

It is his job to create and score goals, consistently. 

Compare him with Elliott and Armstrong, as this is the minimum level he needs to be at for us to challenge for the play-offs. 

The fact that the rest of the team were equally bad is immaterial. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alcd said:

So far the only team to lose to opposition from a lower league. Any management with a spine would be handing out the sack. But Mowbray is safe as houses thanks to having his mate as CEO and the disinterested and gullible Venkys.

Derby got beat by Chorley

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Get over what? We are a significantly larger club than Doncaster in all regards - historically, financially, current status, playing squad. This result is a fuckup and I have no idea what you're trying to argue here. It's embarassing. If we are no better than them at the moment on the pitch on a given day, that only enhances the embarassment.

So what if we’re a bigger club? It’s not about how much bigger we are, it’s that we have, supposedly, far superior players that should have won that game. Our cup history is irrelevant. Right now, we’re no better than a league one team based on today. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder what the MB would be like after the Trelleborg defeat.

The same as it was speaking to every rovers fan in the ground, at school, at work, in the pub. Utter humiliation

Same for Workington etc

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Fair post and you've shown more bollocks than most to say something that has been at odds with your previous point of view.

However, I have to ask why you have u-turned only a matter of hours after backing him to enter the transfer market to sign more players?

They’re two separate issues.

Mowbrays job is to get us in the top 6. If he can’t do that then he needs to go.

However, regardless of who the manager is, a blind man can see we need cb’s.

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

So what if we’re a bigger club? It’s not about how much bigger we are, it’s that we have, supposedly, far superior players that should have won that game. Our cup history is irrelevant. Right now, we’re no better than a league one team based on today. 

And yet you seem fine with this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, den said:

All Doncaster had to do was stay disciplined and win anything in the box. That’s ALL they had to do. They didn’t even need a decent shot on target. Talk about easy.  We don’t have a centre forward to win flick ons or get onto the end of things in the box. That was obvious pre season and it’s costing us dearly now.

That’s all any team needs to do against us sadly. We have to work so hard to score a goal yet other teams score against us so easily. There is no defensive shape. 

8 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Well done.

Tell you what, I’m now going to start chanting for our next manager to be sacked. And when that day comes, I’ll be on here to say I told you so..

Don’t worry nobody will listen anyway!

We can now concentrate on signing a decent, championship defender well before deadline day. 

We have been generally disappointing since our annihilation of PNE, who'd have thought it? 

Trouble is, there will be hopes to be dashed until April. Not a happy prospect. Sigh....

Edited by garnersfags
Typo

14 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

I avoid Facebook at all costs as a rule of thumb, but I think it's a bit defeatist to throw in the towel after a Cup exit to a team in a League below us. Doesn't look like too many clubs are taking it seriously at this stage this year. Bigger fish to fry, and there is still a chance of the play-offs, Dack and Trav coming back, etc. All is not lost just yet.

I didn't get to watch much of the game for technical reasons, but from the iFollow commentary, we sounded dire and not up for it. That being said, we lost due to a poor goalkeeping error, and we certainly had chances to score through Dack and Buckley. We are simply not incisive enough in front of goal, and many of this season's stats should tell us that.

Today was a chance for players like Pears, Bell, and Buckley to show what they can do, and it sounds like they didn't show too much.

I won't be losing any sleep over this, nor calling for the manager's head, but we need to show hunger to get into the play-offs, or it really will be a case of the fans turning on Mowbray.

You should join the Facebook groups, you’d fit in there just fine 😉