BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

5 subs made, another million in the bank, job done. Time to chill out and dream of lemon drizzle cake. 

Ha! Lemon drizzle cheesecake was going to be mine!

What have we become as a club?

We are all so resigned to the fact that this bloke is going to be our manager no matter what. And there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it but laugh.

This must be what happens when people get complacent about the chances of relegation. Part of me thinks: let’s hope Venky’s (bank) have very deep pockets, but then this other part of me feels sad at what has happened (and continues to happen) to our club. And the football is shit!

Meanwhile the emperor’s new tailors and “influencers” continue to tell us all how great it all is and how ungrateful, miserable, clueless (another staple comment) Rovers plastic fans are. While the plastic (seating) is the thing that’s actually most visible at Ewood at this point!

I look forward to the next time some Facebook duffer says “were r all the Mowbray haters now???” (sic) because it’ll at least mean we’ve won a couple of games in a row...

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It was always going to be tough against a side like Doncaster.

We did well to stay in it for as long as we did and make a contest of it. Donny have to be one of the favourites for this competition so it’s no shame to go out only conceding the one wonder goal. (He ran all the way from the half way line before smashing that rocket under Pears. Buffon wouldn't have saved that!).

With all of the injuries we have, with FFP and the lack of support from our fans we can’t expect miracles from Mowbray.

He’s got us playing some great possession-based football (nearly 70% again today) and with a better referee, a bit of luck and when we get Dack, Travis and Brereton back we’ll be a force. It's ridiculous to expect Mowbray to do anything without them. Armstrong is a player who can change games for us but it just wasn't to be today. We had so many chances, so you have to blame the players really.

Hope Mowbray gets a new contract. Preferably this evening. Extra time would have been terrible and we need to fully focus on finishing better than last season in the league - but if we don't it won't be because of Mowbray.

Did I miss anything?

The sad thing is there will be people out there who will take that as a genuine comment.

The only positive is that no one had to go to Ewood and actually watch that shit show.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

I avoid Facebook at all costs as a rule of thumb, but I think it's a bit defeatist to throw in the towel after a Cup exit to a team in a League below us. Doesn't look like too many clubs are taking it seriously at this stage this year. Bigger fish to fry, and there is still a chance of the play-offs, Dack and Trav coming back, etc. All is not lost just yet.

I didn't get to watch much of the game for technical reasons, but from the iFollow commentary, we sounded dire and not up for it. That being said, we lost due to a poor goalkeeping error, and we certainly had chances to score through Dack and Buckley. We are simply not incisive enough in front of goal, and many of this season's stats should tell us that.

Today was a chance for players like Pears, Bell, and Buckley to show what they can do, and it sounds like they didn't show too much.

I won't be losing any sleep over this, nor calling for the manager's head, but we need to show hunger to get into the play-offs, or it really will be a case of the fans turning on Mowbray.

Still a chance of the play offs. Do you honestly believe we have a realistic chance of the play offs? Over the last 4 seasons 6th has had 70, 74, 75 and 80 points respectively. Half way through the season and we’re on 32 points. So based on those seasons would need another 38-48 points. That’s literally title winning form from the 2nd half of the season. Nothing to suggest that’s on the horizon. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They’re two separate issues.

Mowbrays job is to get us in the top 6. If he can’t do that then he needs to go.

However, regardless of who the manager is, a blind man can see we need cb’s.

Maybe I misunderstood the context because it definitely reads like an excuse for the manager during the exchanges with Mercer and arbitro.

32 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

'I won't be losing any sleep over this, nor calling for the manager's head'

This is what happens when the rot really sets in,apathy to a loss at Home to the mighty Donny.

Everything about this Club is so sad atm..nobody appears to give a shyte.Turn the feckin lights off.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray is very lucky the fans can`t attend,even the happy clappers in the jack walker stand would have turned by now

True; but he's even luckier that we've got apathetic owners who are, apparently happy to keep paying him to 'manage' displays like today's.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Still a chance of the play offs. Do you honestly believe we have a realistic chance of the play offs? Over the last 4 seasons 6th has had 70, 74, 75 and 80 points respectively. Half way through the season and we’re on 32 points. So based on those seasons would need another 38-48 points. That’s literally title winning form from the 2nd half of the season. Nothing to suggest that’s on the horizon. 

It absolutely cannot and will not be done.

We have a poor tactical manager who is successful only in confusing himself and the squad that he has assembled.

We have possibly 6 quite decent players who appear to be regressing.

We cannot ever compete against big and decent defenders. We are far too short in height. Simple stuff that has been the case since a ball was round.

We winning virtually nothing in the air in the opposition's half.

We have cowards in the team. I saw Buckley opt out of a very good scoring change. I saw Armstrong avoid a tackle at all costs.

We are just not good enough with the ball to play this short passing game. A lot of our passes are suicide balls. We are not equipped to play differently.

Mowbrays Plan B is to panic and throw players on for the sake of it. Basically the shit against the wall theory.

We will never get promoted with Mowbray in charge but as he and he alone runs the show in a benign dictatorship fashion we are stuck in limbo.

• Like 8

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder what the MB would be like after the Trelleborg defeat.

You know none of this is a new phenomenon.

Glenn and Ste had to lock the board down after some defeats in the Souness era if you remember 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

You know none of this is a new phenomenon.

Glenn and Ste had to lock the board down after some defeats in the Souness era if you remember 

Souey's head had gone by then, I think he had Dominic Matteo in centre midfield at one point. That's Mowbray-esque. 

It would have made for a lively discussion though, shame it wasn't archived!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama