BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish Philipl. For me, he hasn't lost the dressing room. 

Mowbray looks frustrated. Of course he is interested in the job. He is nothing like Kean or Coyle but someone who wants to get the club back to PL whilst building the club infrastructure in the background 

The puzzled and confused looks at him yesterday suggest he might have. It was all very confusing and that frustrates players 

If it's them or him, don't think the players won't save themselves 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Club debt is the owner problem and they will keep backing the club. 

You act like changing manager and all our problems will be solve. Honestly it wont. 

On the squad, Rothwell and Nyambe have club 12 option clauses. Dack just signed a new contract. Armstrong in contract talks. 

The club debt is the clubs problem, the future survival of our club is in the hands of the very people that put it in the perilous position that it is now.  

The only way without a big takeover (which isn't happening anytime soon) to sort the clubs finances out is for the club to be promoted to the Premiership and that is not happening under Tony Mowbray. Surely you can see that by now? A new will manager gives us a better chance of being promoted.

So we trigger Nyambe and Rothwell's clauses we still will have to sell them for cheaper than market value or lose them for nothing the following year. Armstrong isn't going to sign an extension for a club content to plod along in mid table, so again in the summer it will be a case of either selling or losing for nothing the following summer. 

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Surely you can see that by now? A new will manager gives us a better chance of being promoted.

Why cant you just accept that I'm backing Mowbray still? Why try keeping get me to change my opinion. 

Who says a manager change will give us a better chance of being promoted? Surely that depends on who we appoint, whether owners back him in the same way as Mowbray as no guarantee that will happen. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Hi everyone, 

I'm hiding posts thick and fast, so we're all just wasting each others time really.

Whilst I appreciate people are angry and frustrated after yesterday, taking it out on fellow fans isn't the answer.

You've got the manager, the players, the owners, and many more involved at the club to go at if you're looking for someone to blame for our predicament. 

But attacking other fans (in both directions) isn't acceptable on here.

Can we please calm that side of things down a bit.

Thanks. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why cant you just accept that I'm backing Mowbray still? Why try keeping get me to change my opinion. 

You tell us you back Mowbray but you never tell us why? What have you seen over the last 2 and a half season to make you think this is the man to take us to the Premiership? 

Edited by Ewood Ace

Rubbish Philipl. For me, he hasn't lost the dressing room. 

Mowbray looks frustrated. Of course he is interested in the job. He is nothing like Kean or Coyle but someone who wants to get the club back to PL whilst building the club infrastructure in the background 

he did`nt look frustrated yesterday,more a look of sleepiness and "i could`nt give a ****" or "i can`t bothered giving out instructions to my players cos im`e nice and snug  with my big coat on" the guy has lost the plot,the dressing room and everyones respect

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That performance yesterday and a fair few performances of late have been very Coyle and Kean like though. Easy to score against, a lack of tactical nous, no shape, unmotivated players, putting attacking players on with no plan in a desperate attempt to score and being easy to beat.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You tell us you back Mowbray but you never tell us why? What have you seen over the last 2 and a half season to make you think this is the man to take us to the Premiership? 

But I do Ewood tho. Check my replies to Roversfan99 and Mercer in the past 3 weeks. Answers there

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I do Ewood tho. Check my replies to Roversfan99 and Mercer in the past 3 weeks. Answers there

But in the last 3 weeks we have drawn at home to Sheffield Wednesday, been comfortably beaten by Huddersfield and lost at home to League 1 opposition. If after yesterday you don't think Mowbray should go then I don't think you ever will. Until of course he finally does leave and then you will say it was absolutely the correct decision that the time was right. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What if we get 0-1 points from the next 2 games? We would 100% be out of play off contention then, I don't think we are at the moment, but I do think the performances have been very concerning and getting progressively worse, rather than better.

We have been on a dreadful spiral of performances since and including the Bristol city game. Lucky we had Birmingham to play and we could have easily drawn that. 

The players looked confused yesterday. I had no idea what the plan was. It harkens back to when Celtic sacked him. He's muddled at the best of times, but now he seems to have completely gone down a confusing rabbit hole. Buckley right back, Dack/Elliott false 9 and obviously Gallagher on the wing. It's all nonsense. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What if we get 0-1 points from the next 2 games? We would 100% be out of play off contention then, I don't think we are at the moment, but I do think the performances have been very concerning and getting progressively worse, rather than better.

We have been on a dreadful spiral of performances since and including the Bristol city game. Lucky we had Birmingham to play and we could have easily drawn that. 

The players looked confused yesterday. I had no idea what the plan was. It harkens back to when Celtic sacked him. He's muddled at the best of times, but now he seems to have completely gone down a confusing rabbit hole. Buckley right back, Dack/Elliott false 9 and obviously Gallagher on the wing. It's all nonsense. 

Gallagher didn't get on the pitch? 🤔🤔🤔

16 hours ago, bazza said:

Nigel Pearson for me.

Totally agree with you, bazza. He's hard, yet intelligent and above all a man who doesn't suffer fools gladly; that's a mixture that, imo, we need behind the manager's desk. Additionally, although he's a few months older than Mowbray, his image is of a man who isn't dictated to by events. I can't imagine him signing his mates' lads, for example.

See this from the Smoggie-land evening paper: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eric-paylor-nigel-pearson-mans-9611087

Admittedly, it's almost 6 seasons old; but I wouldn't look beyond him in the search for the manager to put the 'Great' back in the phrase, 'This Great Club Of Ours.'

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Feeling very frustrated tonight along with most on here but my frustration is based on not winning that game. We should have won after dominating the majority of possession and attempts on goal.

Over 90 minutes lots of things happen on a football pitch. Some moments of exciting play and some moments of careless and mistake ridden action. A stupid error by our goalie, his only mistake of the match, cost us the game. We could and should have had 2 or 3 goals in that second half and they defended manfully throughout.

Most of the game I agree we were slow and played in front of their defence but despite playing below par we should have won it.

Disappointed in Travis and Dack who didn’t get going and nobody really stood out for us apart from Dolan and occasionally Elliott.

As for us long suffering fans, going out in Round 3 is always so disappointing and something we’re used to.

Another Saturday night ruined.

And you forgot about The Dingles crabbing a win against MK Dons, tony!😉

• Like 1

Big fan of Sharpes article. Yesterday was pitiful and fair play to him for calling it. A real bad pattern is after developing and the players and management seem unable to shake it. 

I notice in his last line he said a deal for a new centre half had been sanctioned, hurry up and get it done so. Time is of the essence. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, m1st said:

Totally agree with you, bazza. He's hard, yet intelligent and above all a man who doesn't suffer fools gladly; that's a mixture that, imo, we need behind the manager's desk. Additionally, although he's a few months older than Mowbray, his image is of a man who isn't dictated to by events. I can't imagine him signing his mates' lads, for example.

See this from the Smoggie-land evening paper: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eric-paylor-nigel-pearson-mans-9611087

Admittedly, it's almost 6 seasons old; but I wouldn't look beyond him in the search for the manager to put the 'Great' back in the phrase, 'This Great Club Of Ours.'

I agree, but they are also the reasons why Pearson + Venkys would be doomed to rapid failure.

Arse-licker he is not.

4 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Just saw Doncaster's goal. Their scorer started running from the middle dot of the field, unchallenged until outside the box before taking the shot. Pears should have done much better, but where were the midfield pair? Trybull and Travis were way behind the Doncaster player. Just sickening to see that gaping hole in midfield.

As the Donny break starts I'm not sure where Travis is.

As it develops the 2 Rovers far side disappear and  its Trybull and Brereton chasing the Donny break whilst our back 4 flee the scene.

Truly a shambles,

Capture.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

But in the last 3 weeks we have drawn at home to Sheffield Wednesday, been comfortably beaten by Huddersfield and lost at home to League 1 opposition. If after yesterday you don't think Mowbray should go then I don't think you ever will. Until of course he finally does leave and then you will say it was absolutely the correct decision that the time was right. 

And my opinion hasn't change. When it does I will post it like I said before to Mercer. Now will just accept my opinion..

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

As the Donny break starts I'm not sure where Travis is.

As it develops the 2 Rovers far side disappear and  its Trybull and Brereton chasing the Donny break whilst our back 4 flee the scene.

Truly a shambles,

Capture.JPG

You would expect this disorganization towards the end of the game when chasing it...this is first half.  Mowbray Out 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you look at our previously successful lower level teams we had a shape and a way of playing that we imposed on other teams.

Back in Gordon Lee's time we had Sir Roger in goal, Mick Heaton and Andy Burgin, two full backs whose job was to bottle up the flanks and get the ball forward to the strikers. Centre halves, Graham Hawkins and Faz, block up the centre at the back, win the ball and pass it into midfield. Metcalfe, Oates, Parkes and the Don across the middle in a diamond. Oates playing deeper and Parkes nearer the front two.  Meccy and the Don out wider. Two willing runners up front in Beamo and Mike Hickman.

A simple game plan, get the ball forward early and get bodies forward in support. It got us out of the Div as Champs.

Later on with Howard Kendall It was slightly different but equally effective. Jim Arnold in goal. Two resolute and determined defenders at full back in Jim Branagan and Basil Rathbone. At centre half the formidable pair of Killer and Faz, same plan again, win the ball and give it into midfield. In midfield we had Brotherston, Kendall, Mckenzie and Parkes. Same again with Kendall deep, McKenzie behind the front two but joining up with them to make it a three at times. Brotherston out wide right, Parkes on the left but more central. Andy Crawford and Garner up front scoring the goals. A team good enough to get us out of the old 3rd Div again.

I won't go into the later promotion teams because we had plenty of dosh to sign higher class players.

Those teams above were built when we were skint and we were buying in the pound shops of the Football League. You could look at those teams and after about 1/2hr you could see who was doing what and why they were doing it. Everybody knew there job, what to do in any given circumstances. They knew what was expected of them and they could deliver because their skill sets suited were they were playing. They had a clear and obvious shape and a coherent method of getting the ball from one end to the other.

I'd back both of those sides to do what Doncaster did yesterday and beat the current team. Not because they were better individual players, although some of them were, but because they were better organised and coached.

in essence it`s a simple game,if you asked everyone in the current squad what their job is  i bet none of them could give you a straight answer because they don`t know theirself,mowbray is extremely guilty of overcomplicating everything and he`s not got the coaching ability to get his instructions through to the players.

there are some positives though,the quality of players we have is`nt bad and if tony did leave it would be a quick fix for a half decent manager to get into a winning habit,a centre back and a left back who can actually play football is all thats needed

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

in essence it`s a simple game,if you asked everyone in the current squad what their job is  i bet none of them could give you a straight answer because they don`t know theirself,mowbray is extremely guilty of overcomplicating everything and he`s not got the coaching ability to get his instructions through to the players.

there are some positives though,the quality of players we have is`nt bad and if tony did leave it would be a quick fix for a half decent manager to get into a winning habit,a centre back and a left back who can actually play football is all thats needed

Nothing worse than a centre half who thinks he's footballer when he isn't. Jackie Charlton, Big Sam, Mick Whatisname, Dyche, etc , they all know how to skin a cat.

• Like 1