BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

• Backroom

Noticed Ash Phillips is wearing a sponsorless shirt tonight I assume due to his age and regulations about being able to advertise vapes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Just saw Roverstore are sold out of the new shirt except for S and XL.  They dont know how to run a  business do they?

Rovers did say they only had a limited amount to sell when they announce the new away shirt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They always seem to only have a limited amount and as a result miss out on potential income 

They are waiting for stock from Macron. I was in the club shop on Monday and asked when the home shirt in my size would be available. 

49 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Why would you only have a limited amount???

Also why the late release of the new kit?  should have been released late May or early June

Waiting for Macron to deliver the new stock of them. 

Most kits are released in July. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waiting for Macron to deliver the new stock of them. 

Most kits are released in July. 

The second year running that Macron have fucked up the stock order. I think the shirts so far have been pretty nice, and you can tell they're good quality when you touch them, but it really isn't acceptable for the kit sponsor to provide so little kit for two years running. I hope we had something in our contract with them about this, because it really should be a basic requirement. Don't think we should work with them again once the deal is up.

The new away kit...I really like the badge detail ingrained like it was on last year's away shirt, it's a really lovely detail. The main issue with that detail is you have to get pretty close before you can tell it's there, but even so I like it. The away shirt itself is a bit bland for me though, and I don't believe in a team that wears blue and white at home having a blue away kit, even this dark. Our away colours should be red and black, every year. Play around with whether it's halves, stripes, etc sure, but those should be the colours pretty much every season. Experiment with other colours for the third kit (not that we would need one, because with one blue and white and one red and black kit I find it hard to foresee clashes).

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I just shared my opinion on your post... 

It’s a bit of a childish argument to tell someone to pay for the club’s sponsorship themselves if they don’t like the logo of the sponsors though to be fair.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The second year running that Macron have fucked up the stock order. I think the shirts so far have been pretty nice, and you can tell they're good when you touch them, but it really isn't for the kit sponsor to provide so little kit for two years running. I hope we had something in our contract with them about this, because it really should be a basic requirement. Don't think we should work with them once the deal is up.

I think Macron will produce as many as we order, as soon as they can, when we decide to order them.

I'm not 100% sure this would be their fault.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think Macron will produce as many as we order, as soon as they can, when we decide to order them.

I’m 99% sure it’s not their fault but ours.

Why would Macron only deliver a small batch and themselves miss out on precious revenue?

We are told the new designs get approved a year in advance by the club. So if a year after that we are being provided with limited stock then we need to be terminating our deal with Macron.

Of course the less palatable option is that pound shop operators at Ewood only get round to ordering limited numbers as they are badly organised and want to see how sales go rather than commit to a large volume of stock in one go.

Hardly the behaviour of a club worried about income though is it?

• Like 2

Just because designs are approved a year before, doesnt mean they get produced immediately. 

My interpretation of the statements from the club is that macron would have had shirts delivered, say, end of August but we negotiated/paid for a batch to be produced and delivered earlier. 

Macron have a massive portfolio, I doubt we are high up their priority list. 

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

My experience of MACRON is they are useless service wise, put them together with our commercial department and you have a complete armageddom 

Blind leading the blind right there.

Edited by Sparks Rover

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why would Macron only deliver a small batch and themselves miss out on precious revenue?

Cos they are having supply issues from getting stock from the far east to Europe/UK I believe but I will ask about this when I have meeting with Steve Waggott on Monday Afternoon

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos they are having supply issues from getting stock from the far east to Europe/UK I believe but I will ask about this when I have meeting with Steve Waggott on Monday Afternoon

I have a feeling you will come out of this meeting as a huge Steve Waggott fan.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I have a feeling you will come out of this meeting as a huge Steve Waggott fan.

No surprised that some people will want to criticise myself already before the meeting even taken place. Tbh, I expected it coming much sooner

I will think carefully about being open again with this messageboard about such meetings or discussions from them. It's not worth the bother from my viewpoint 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprised that some people will want to criticise myself already before the meeting even taken place. Tbh, I expected it coming much sooner

I will think carefully about being open again with this messageboard about such meetings or discussions from them. It's not worth the bother from my viewpoint 

Not a criticism. I just think he will tell you everything you want to hear and you will come away satisfied with it.

He's done the same to numerous others, some on here and one or two i know personally.

Not to be trusted at all is my opinion.

• Like 2

The only similarity he has with John Williams is that he is a very gregarious character, you can see evidence of that in the way he works the room in the Premier Suite etc. Those that have met him one on one say similar.

So I can certainly see how he can send people away feeling positive about the club’s direction… however JW actually had a track record behind the bravado, this fella has overseen one shambles after another and no amount of good natured corporate waffle and bluster can hide that fact. 

• Like 1