BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

21 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

"Sorry, some products are not purchasable in this country" UK

I also tried this, with the same result. Gutted to get an email from macron this morning offering £10 off for leaving it in my basket!

Initially I liked it (I always like when there is a bit of red in it), but the more I look the worse it gets in my opinion. 

Not reversed colors on the back, the strange collar, the god awful sponsor logo (looks like a failed art contribution by someone who tried to be "edgy") and the two tones of blue.

A big no for me, but at least it's 1 million times better than burnley's, by default.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, justjonny said:

Poor, not reversed halves, lack of symmetry to the collar (which I think is ok at the best), material looks flimsy(to my untrained eye) and the blue is a bit too blue 🤦‍♂️ 

Other than that I like it 5/10

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

You are not allowed to not like the shirt, as you are deemed "a negative supporter" and the club dont want negative supporters.

I did see a reply on Twitter to the kit launch video which amounted to 'Get behind the boys; you buy it to support the team, it doesn't have to look good'. Needless to say, such a well-constructed and coherent argument has won me over...

10 minutes ago, GHR said:

I did see a reply on Twitter to the kit launch video which amounted to 'Get behind the boys; you buy it to support the team, it doesn't have to look good'. Needless to say, such a well-constructed and coherent argument has won me over...

I think i have every home and away shirt since 1981 and the third strips too. I bought both of the re-released retro shirts too as i think they are a great effort.

However if i'm parting with £150 plus to buy all three shirts this season, as i do every season then i really do need to like it, and it needs to be a quality product.

I needed to change last seasons home shirt twice due to the stitching off the arm coming off the first day I wore it. It was a nice looking shirt, but needed looking after like an antique.

On this occasion I dont like the shirt, if it turns up in the sale at the end of the season, then i will probably buy one, as I collect shirts and have a couple of hundred of them now. My support is no less by not buying or liking it, and don't like my support being questioned because I dont like it (not you btw) some things I read on twitter.

I've also seen three post on FB where the sponsor has peeled off already.

I have my season ticket renewed, will get my parking pass, will spend cash in the blues bar.

I'm just not liking this new vibe from many quarters which is suggestive that unless you are being supportive of everything, we dont need your support or business. Its getting louder too, because many fans have walked away, leaving a majority who will be pleased whatever happens

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I think i have every home and away shirt since 1981 and the third strips too. I bought both of the re-released retro shirts too as i think they are a great effort.

However if i'm parting with £150 plus to buy all three shirts this season, as i do every season then i really do need to like it, and it needs to be a quality product.

I needed to change last seasons home shirt twice due to the stitching off the arm coming off the first day I wore it. It was a nice looking shirt, but needed looking after like an antique.

On this occasion I dont like the shirt, if it turns up in the sale at the end of the season, then i will probably buy one, as I collect shirts and have a couple of hundred of them now. My support is no less by not buying or liking it, and don't like my support being questioned because I dont like it (not you btw) some things I read on twitter.

I've also seen three post on FB where the sponsor has peeled off already.

I have my season ticket renewed, will get my parking pass, will spend cash in the blues bar.

I'm just not liking this new vibe from many quarters which is suggestive that unless you are being supportive of everything, we dont need your support or business. Its getting louder too, because many fans have walked away, leaving a majority who will be pleased whatever happens

Yes, I always find the blind following of whatever the club does rather strange. The greatest disservice you can give to something - anything - is not to have standards for it. I won't just accept 'the kit's shit but just buy it COYB...', because I expect the club and our manufacturers to put in the effort due to create something worth wearing. I bought all three kits last season as they justified it. Not a chance of that looking at what we know so far. The same goes for the ground, our squad, whatever else: I refuse to accept the potential JDT revolution and whatever BS they come out with as justification for our stadium lacking basic cosmetic and structural upkeep, senior players walking away, having gaping holes in our squad with just weeks to kick off, etc. I expect better. I will be in the trenches with this team for as long as I can stand / afford it, but in the meantime I refuse for myself or swathes of other fans to be called fake or false for expecting the people running our club to put some fucking effort in.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, GHR said:

Yes, I always find the blind following of whatever the club does rather strange. The greatest disservice you can give to something - anything - is not to have standards for it. I won't just accept 'the kit's shit but just buy it COYB...', because I expect the club and our manufacturers to put in the effort due to create something worth wearing. I bought all three kits last season as they justified it. Not a chance of that looking at what we know so far. The same goes for the ground, our squad, whatever else: I refuse to accept the potential JDT revolution and whatever BS they come out with as justification for our stadium lacking basic cosmetic and structural upkeep, senior players walking away, having gaping holes in our squad with just weeks to kick off, etc. I expect better. I will be in the trenches with this team for as long as I can stand / afford it, but in the meantime I refuse for myself or swathes of other fans to be called fake or false for expecting the people running our club to put some fucking effort in.

I wish i could of worded my post like yours, absolutely 100% how I feel.

You have my vote, to represent me

• Like 1

I’ve seen people the last couple of days claiming that without fans like them buying the shirt, regardless of whether they like it or not, we won’t be able to make any signings and may even go to the wall.

Lets pretend for a minute that Waggott negotiated us a pretty favourable deal with Macron… well, the club will see about 10% of the £50/60 or however much they are these days.

You’d be contributing far more if you bought some of the cheap tat they stick a club crest on or a handful of the player photos they stack up on the till. One kids match day ticket trumps a shirt.

• Like 2

I'd rather we visited schools in surrounding towns and give kids free shirts, imagine something so simple to engage with them and get then interested in the club. 

A bit like, you know, Accrington Stanley do?

Funnily enough I was at a friends child's birthday party last weekend and football obviously got mentioned to a few of the adults there. A number of whom are going on Saturday, in the home end as their kids want to go, fancy that eh? Their schools had all been visited by Stanley, all had free shirts.

I've noticed numerous people on here setting up meetings with Waggott etc, can they PLEASE try and establish why we're not tapping into schools in the areas around Blackburn instead of focusing purely on Blackburn itself?

• Like 4

They know that more and more of our fanbase lives outside of BB1 and BB2, their own ticket database will tell them that… yet we now do less to engage fans outside the town itself than ever before. 

We need Swag out the door ASAP before he does any more damage.

• Like 1

Seeing it today it remined me of the 1992/3 season strip , a darker blue , red flashes on the collar small red printed sponsors logo .. it’s growing on me 

• Like 1