BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

5 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

FROM BBC SPORTS

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray: "It was more like the way we want to play after a frustrating last few games.

"We looked like the team we've been for most of the season and we feel a bit hard done by not getting anything from the game. It just seems to be the way it's going for us at the moment.

"We needed to raise the levels after the last few games and I felt we did that. It was similar to the QPR game when we were also pretty dominant and yet lost 1-0.

"But I've told the players we will win football matches with those sort of performance levels. We have to play with that urgency and with a front-foot attitude. We had the chance with the penalty kick and I felt we'd have gone on to win it if we'd have scored."

It's absolutely astonishing to read this. Everyone else who watched that game surely cannot agree with him. Missed penalty and Armstrong's shot from distance aside what else did we create??? I genuinely can't remember anything else, besides Bell getting into promising positions down the left about 3 times and it going tits up on each occasion.

He's losing supporters in droves by the week.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

It's absolutely astonishing to read this. Everyone else who watched that game surely cannot agree with him. Missed penalty and Armstrong's shot from distance aside what else did we create??? I genuinely can't remember anything else, besides Bell getting into promising positions down the left about 3 times and it going tits up on each occasion.

Yep. Yet another match where you can count the clear cut chances on a couple of fingers. We are so bad creatively, it’s frightening. 

Yet we probably had more box entries than them, or some other meaningless statistic, so all is well in Tony’s world.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Judging from the join date and number of followers, that Twitter account is about as active as mine. I check mine about twice a year.

Look at some of the tweets though, tweets the odd occasion directly to players, and they usually like the tweet, so he does use it.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StevenSK said:

Gas was far better than TM has ever been.

Agreed. I found it frustrating at the time, but at least he was a decent, honest bloke, unlike Mowbray. 

Or is he actually nice and likeable and he’s right about us fans having illusions of grandeur after winning the premier league? 🙄

• Like 1

Just now, Tormund said:

A beating against Watford will surely push him over the edge. 

You’d think so, but he won’t quit until he’s sacked, this is his retirement payday job. The loons from Pune won’t act until it’s too late and we’ll be lucky if we don’t end up in a relegation battle, with a team full of players that haven’t got the fight to avoid it. 

Mowbray is basically giving it a big fuck off in the face to us all each and every week now, with an attitude of, what are you guna do, nothing and he’s right, there’s naff all we can do, especially with no crowds.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were close to the top 6 with a game in hand. Now we 10 points off top 6. 

But it's more the fact we moved away from how we played at the start of the season that is more of the problem. Last good performance? Preston away? 

Has the penny dropped? The Facebook/Twitter happy clappers will be next. As usually 6 months behind :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wovers said:

Mowbray is basically giving it a big fuck off in the face to us all each and every week now, with an attitude of, what are you guna do, nothing and he’s right, there’s naff all we can do, especially with no crowds.

Nothing we could do anyway. I was there with my black and yellow scarf doing the marches. It’s all futile. Uncle Jack’s family could maybe wake up? Or are they on the yachts that Jack paid for, obvious as usual? 

• Like 1

Looks like there is only 6 more defeats or draws and he will walk haha  Found this from his time at Coventry 

Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray has resigned after 18 months in charge of the struggling League One club.

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy.

I say do the honourable thing now Tony AND QUIT!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nothing we could do anyway. I was there with my black and yellow scarf doing the marches. It’s all futile. Uncle Jack’s family could maybe wake up? Or are they on the yachts that Jack paid for, obvious as usual? 

Fully agreed, although I do think, with some hostilely he probably would resign.

Edited by Wovers

1 minute ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

Looks like there is only 6 more defeats or draws and he will walk haha  Found this from his time at Coventry 

Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray has resigned after 18 months in charge of the struggling League One club.

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy.

I say do the honourable thing now Tony AND QUIT!!!

Hasn't he already taken us on a 10 game winless run?

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Thats what the old 'Birdie' (the nutter, not the current one) used to do: he used to take potshots at folk out of his upstairs bedroom window on Nuttall Street.

Wonder whatever happened to him? He was a real head case!

He went to the big aviary in the sky a few years ago Nick, not surprisingly.

• Like 1

We have a non existent “ board “ , we have absent owners, we have “ an honourable man “ way out of his depth , we have a back room staff who are more interested in Zoopla ...but we have a club to fight for.... unless these “players “ show more balls than fist pumps were buggered..I plead with them to show some courage, to show some fight for their own careers... they can bring him down ....remember Sherwood and Hodgson ( thought Sherwood was very wrong , by the way ) ...but we are in desperate times ....and as for David Dunn appearing to be in the Mowbray camp .....sick ...but, then again, it was always about David. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You post this sort of comment after every game. 

The owners will be aware of the results aswell as every going at the club like Application for the new training complex. They are financing the club 20 million pounds plus. 

I was shocked when Bowyer was sacked when it was done on Monday evening. 

Wasn't Coyle sacked on Tuesday Afternoon around 3pm to 4pm?

Our owners don’t give a shit chaddy all they do is sign cheques. I’ll be surprised if Mowbray leaves before the end of the season. I’ve paid for most of the games on iFollow this season but didn’t bother today, I’m not paying for another game while Tony remains in charge. Our season is over I’m gutted.