BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

13 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Armstrong confirmed by Southampton - good luck fella, no hard feelings from me 

No word on Obafemi?

Won't be too happy if that doesn't go through as we'll probably end up with someone on loan otherwise and long term Armstrong probably won't be directly replaced.

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not a Mowbray fan but I give credit when deserved.

To bring a player to the club for 1.7 million and make the profit on him which he has then he deserves a bit of credit.(yes it should have been more but still fair play)

TM continues to look completely depressed when interviewed. Smile occasionally man!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

12 out, none in. Turn up with your boots lads and you'll probably play second half.

The numbers are unarguable, but dig a bit deeper and how many of them will I actually miss? For me only Elliott, Harwood- Bellis and now Armstrong.

I liked Saturday's performance and, as someone else has said maybe having a smaller squad might focus Tinkerman Tony a bit more.

Also, looking forward to a couple of our youngsters stepping up and becoming fixtures in the first team squad.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not a Mowbray fan but I give credit when deserved.

To bring a player to the club for 1.7 million and make the profit on him which he has then he deserves a bit of credit.(yes it should have been more but still fair play)

Throw enough darts and one is bound to go in eventually.

This signing turned out to be a success overall but I don't think he deserves that much credit given AA was allowed to get into the last year of his contract and the ludicrous sell on clause.

• Like 1

A moody little greedy sod at times, I don’t think he has a chance of success in the premier league to be honest, will be back down here next year I imagine. All the best all the same.

Well done to Rovers in getting a huge sum of money for a player. 

Nixon saying we are in for Khedra, Obafemi, a freebie and 3 more loans. If we can get contracts for Rothwell and Nyambe, and all those signings added to the currently squad we could have quite the year. Nice to have 3 points in the bag, suddenly everything doesn’t look so grim!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

The numbers are unarguable, but dig a bit deeper and how many of them will I actually miss? For me only Elliott, Harwood- Bellis and now Armstrong.

I liked Saturday's performance and, as someone else has said maybe having a smaller squad might focus Tinkerman Tony a bit more.

Also, looking forward to a couple of our youngsters stepping up and becoming fixtures in the first team squad.

The plus side of it all is come down to someones level then they should be good at it.

Maybe Mowbray will get a good tune out of this young side when there are no seniors to try and keep happy every week instead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

"Only" Elliott, THB and Armstrong may not sound much numerically but when  AA and RE are contributing the vast majority of your goals and no-one else is stepping up, it's a catastrophic loss.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No word on Obafemi?

Won't be too happy if that doesn't go through as we'll probably end up with someone on loan otherwise and long term Armstrong probably won't be directly replaced.

If we need to survive on loans so be it. Then next season hopefully Mowbray will be gone and the new man can build a fresh with his own team. Just not sure if I trust venkys to get the next appointment right. 🙁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Only" Elliott, THB and Armstrong may not sound much numerically but when  AA and RE are contributing the vast majority of your goals and no-one else is stepping up, it's a catastrophic loss.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's true but I don't think we can fully judge 'til the transfer window has closed.

Just now, JHRover said:

12 out 0 in. 

The Venky cutbacks continue.

Have you ever thought it might be a case of not showing what you’ve got in order to get something you want cheaper ? I am not a fan of theirs but please as you can see Mowbray is clearly good at one thing well maybe 2 keeping cards close to his chest alongside his dour personality 😅

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Have you ever thought it might be a case of not showing what you’ve got in order to get something you want cheaper ? I am not a fan of theirs but please as you can see Mowbray is clearly good at one thing well maybe 2 keeping cards close to his chest alongside his dour personality 😅

Believe what you want.

I think Venkys are fed up, cutting everything they can and will sell anyone they can.

12 out 0 in is not the sign of a club astutely dealing with the market. Its the sign of a club desperate to cut costs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Throw enough darts and one is bound to go in eventually.

This signing turned out to be a success overall but I don't think he deserves that much credit given AA was allowed to get into the last year of his contract and the ludicrous sell on clause.

Is it the manager's fault a contract wasn't signed earlier? I'm not sure it is these days, don't think they're involved in that side of things anymore. 

Same with the sell on clause - and if it wasn't agreed, we probably couldn't have afforded him. 

What TM did do is create enough impression on Arma for him to sign up again twice for us. And it was in a TM team that he scored a boat load of goals to get a prem move. Deny it and spin it however you see fit, but the facts are Arma clearly takes to Mowbray and Mowbray took a player from 1.75m to at least 15m in a few years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Believe what you want.

I think Venkys are fed up, cutting everything they can and will sell anyone they can.

12 out 0 in is not the sign of a club astutely dealing with the market. Its the sign of a club desperate to cut costs.

Our wage spend was 189% of our REVENUE last year.  The wage bill had to come down.  If we don't sign anyone now, with 12 players off the books and $10M for Armstrong (assuming Newcastle will get $5M), fans will have the right to be very upset.  Let's see what happens over the next few days.  There should be several incoming signings.

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

12 out 0 in. 

The Venky cutbacks continue.

Harvey Elliott - Loan

Lewis Holtby - free

Elliott Bennett - free

Charlie Mulgrew - free

Barry Douglas - loan 

Branthwaite - loan

Harwood Bellis - loan 

Amari Bell - Free

Corry Evans - free

Tom Trybull - Loan

Stewart Downing - free

Adam Armstrong 15m?

Thats the 12 out (0 in, unless you count Harry Pickering, who is a new signing but why count that when we’re grasping for short straws)

Ive underlined the one I think we’d miss that we haven’t replaced already by someone moving up in the squad or u23s on fringes.

Equally I’m astute enough to remember Theres weeks to go in the transfer window so might be worth waiting before I decide just how upset I am, about Bennett, Evans, Mulgrew and Stewart Downing being released!

Its not like we normally deal with the youngsters not in the frame at premier league clubs until after the PL starts is it… oh wait… it is!

Edited by JBiz

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Believe what you want.

“Selling anyone they can” Can you tell me how many we have sold in the last few years?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Believe what you want.

You do like to get yourself wound up. A lot of those departures were sorely needed. - whatever they were being paid it was too much. 

Cost cutting has to occur and we need to alter our running model as the wages to turnover ration is unsustainable. If you want an example on a bigger scale, look at what's happening to Barcelona...

• Like 1