BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

All speculation on your part, Chaddy. We know Mowbray said a few days ago he hadn't spoken to Obafemi but that's all. We don't know how much is going on with agents, family, current club. Sometimes deals get done quickly but moving from Southampton to Blackburn is a long way physically and dropping a league so having to readjust your career expectations. Now it might work out like Armstrong, but you might be giving up your Premier league chances  for ever so you have to think long and hard. I dont know if you've ever moved area of the country but it is a challenge. All sorts of differences you know nothing about beforehand but show up when you've moved. If the lad's only 20, he's got mates locally. Will he find real mates apart from his team mates here? We just don't know what he's having to think about. Rather he took his time a bit and came fully committed than have him rush into something and get homesick, miserable and not find form.

Money and women are much the same whichever part of the country you are in.

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'll tell you who's a decent player and does that, Christian Doidge.  He has always scored goals and was supposed to be a Championship player if Notlob could finish the deal.  Would be reasonably cheap but I think he can play this league.

He's out injured for 4 months.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And clearly he ain't coming so far. A new striker coming in should have ready to come in within days of the Armstrong sale. They are other strikers we could be signing by now who would fit into our team..

We are wasting time on a player who appears not to be here. Mowbray is far too stubborn to move on which we should be doing here. Mowbray hasn't even had talks with him yet. How much longer can we keep waiting? 

Has Obafemi gone anywhere else? Mowbray didn't even know he would see any of the Armstrong money until he was nearly out the door.

How do you know Healy wants to come here.Its a big decision for Obafemi and with all due respect you have no idea if Obafemi has spoken to Mowbray.How do you know that a telephone conversation hasn't been had?

For us to be still interested then there must be some inclination that a deal can be done.If Obafemi was fully against coming here then surely him or his representatives would thanks but no thanks.

Edited by islander200

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Wouldn't go anywhere near Curtis. Especially at that price. Friend of mine is a Portsmouth fan and he's desperate to get rid. Only performs half the time and has a terrible attitude apparently. Zero pace too.

I'm open minded about him purely on the basis that I've never seen him play, but I remember we were talking about him January just gone (or was it the one before?) and the idea that we'd pay £3million seemed absolutely insane. Sounded a bit like a L1 MGP in terms of style of play according to one poster who lives down there. Not really exceptional in any aspect of wing play other than having an eye for goal and good final ball. 

We need more goals from midfield & out wide, so it could work, but if we have that sort of money it should either go on i) a striker or ii) contracts for players already here. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well let's hope we don't miss out on other possible strikers cos we refuse to move on from a player who seems reluctant to come here. 

Aren't Preston in for Curtis? 

Is Obafemi still the main target for Mowbray? 

You heard anything from your sources? 

Preston are yes but I think we would just about be more attractive if we went in. 

obafemi is heeing and hawing with everyone not just us, holding out for a prem move that if it doesn’t happen he will drop down. 
not heard of anything with dembele 

few more loans being worked on , usual prem league youngsters 

I mentioned the other day that I'd like us to go for Bolasie as he is a free agent. However, I've just read that he was on 75k a week at Everton. Staggering! Boro are struggling to sign him as he would clearly have to take a massive pay cut. That's one to forget about (not that we were in for him).

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Preston are yes but I think we would just about be more attractive if we went in. 

obafemi is heeing and hawing with everyone not just us, holding out for a prem move that if it doesn’t happen he will drop down. 
not heard of anything with dembele 

few more loans being worked on , usual prem league youngsters 

You heard of any names we are chasing striker wise? Mowbray said 5 or 6. 

Any names of these youngsters?

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Has Obafemi gone anywhere else? Mowbray didn't even know he would see any of the Armstrong money until he was nearly out the door.

How do you know Healy wants to come here.Its a big decision for Obafemi and with all due respect you have no idea if Obafemi has spoken to Mowbray.How do you know that a telephone conversation hasn't been had?

For us to be still interested then there must be some inclination that a deal can be done.If Obafemi was fully against coming here then surely him or his representatives would thanks but no thanks.

Mowbray said the other day he had NO conversation with Obafemi. Do you different? 

I just feel we are being messed around by him and his agent. 

Time for him to make a decision

That's why he do you research on players and speak to their agent to see if they would be interested in coming here first before bidding for them. 

We have been chasing him for weeks now and seems the lad can't make a decision. So Mowbray and Rovers need to strong enough to say to him and his agent we need a decision now please otherwise we are moving on. Time we stop pursuing played who don't want to come to us

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said the other day he had NO conversation with Obafemi. Do you different? 

That's why he do you research on players and speak to their agent to see if they would be interested in coming here first before bidding for them. 

We have been chasing him for weeks now and seems the lad can't make a decision. So Mowbray and Rovers need to strong enough to say to him and his agent we need a decision now please otherwise we are moving on. Time we stop pursuing played who don't want to come to us

He hasnt gone anywhere else Chaddy,not every transfer happens instantly.It is a big decision and I don't blame him for taking his time and not signing instantly for the first club to agree a fee for him .

It's been a couple of weeks

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because the lad wants to weigh up his options. A premier League club may plump for him yet. 

He has not said no yet, so that does not suggest he doesn't want to come. Just more that he is thinking about his options. Agree there has to be some cutoff point on our side though, we need another striker in.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said Nyambe was injured and would be out for a period of time last season. He played the next game. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth frankly. That said, I agree I don't think Obefami is keen to come, but also take on board what other posters have said about the size of the decision for him personally and professionally. We could really do with an end to the whole saga. 

• Like 2

At risk of being controversial, I don’t think we need another striker.  Brereton is a different player.  Gallagher is just a bout ok particularly if he is played in the right position (target man up top).  Dolan has done ok so far.  We have some good young lads coming behind them, McBride probably the stand out and sooner of later will require game time.

Its obvious that Obifemi is not really interested, so just leave it and concentrate on other areas that do need attention.  I  also think we operate as a team better without Armstrong as our balance was never right with him.

Told you I was going to be controversial so getting my tin hat out in readiness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

At risk of being controversial, I don’t think we need another striker.  Brereton is a different player.  Gallagher is just a bout ok particularly if he is played in the right position (target man up top).  Dolan has done ok so far.  We have some good young lads coming behind them, McBride probably the stand out and sooner of later will require game time.

Its obvious that Obifemi is not really interested, so just leave it and concentrate on other areas that do need attention.  I  also think we operate as a team better without Armstrong as our balance was never right with him.

Told you I was going to be controversial so getting my tin hat out in readiness.

It's not that controversial. Was clear at times, but the biggest difference this season is a fit Ayala and being more solid at the back. 

I wouldn't say Obafemi isn't interested , probably just weighing up his options. Obviously would prefer if he hurried up! 

15 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Not controversial, I feel a good winger, one who can get in behind and deliver a good ball is all we need to get a lot more out of our strikers. 

• Like 1

Could the Obafemi delay be a smoke screen to cover any challenge from Newcastle? 

And / or assuming we will have agreed a reduced fee as part of the Armstrong deal, when other clubs are asking they are being quoted a higher number than his valuation by Southampton, which is what I'm hoping is happening...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

You can add Burns to McBride.

33 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

SG up top, another wide player in and 2 CBs, as Ayala and Lenihan will be injured/suspended for sure.  I'm keen to see more of Chapman, we need to play him whilst he's still high from last seasons loan exploits. Dolan can cover and compete there too.

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not that controversial. Was clear at times, but the biggest difference this season is a fit Ayala and being more solid at the back. 

I wouldn't say Obafemi isn't interested , probably just weighing up his options. Obviously would prefer if he hurried up! 

I like Dolan he puts a shift in but we can’t rely on him as our striker this season. If he could shoot he’d have 3 or 4 goals already this season, Obafemi has Dolans pace but I’d expect he’s a better finisher. I think he’d fit in to our side well from what I’ve seen, as long as he was prepared to put the shift in Dolan does up there and then Dolan can go back to his impact sub role which he plays very well. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Butty said:

I like Dolan he puts a shift in but we can’t rely on him as our striker this season. If he could shoot he’d have 3 or 4 goals already this season, Obafemi has Dolans pace but I’d expect he’s a better finisher. I think he’d fit in to our side well from what I’ve seen, as long as he was prepared to put the shift in Dolan does up there and then Dolan can go back to his impact sub role which he plays very well. 

Is he prepared to put in the shift, that's the question, because the front 3 now really do. Gallagher ran from one touchline to the other chasing the ball yesterday, won a throw then at the other side. Good as a goal that was 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel