BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

58 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sharpe said he doing a story tomorrow about a permanent striker deal.

We have this every season.The club say different things to the media but the end result is players are brought in.

Also Mowbray was only saying a week ago that no negotians over new deals yet Waggott was in the lounge at the weekend telling people that Lenihen is close to signing and Brererton not far off.So one of them is lieing.

I remember "defenders are coming"  Not so sure in the end result is players are brought it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Sorry my eyes 👀 haven’t stopped rolling round and round in their sockets from when I saw you said they spend nothing 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19428098.blackburn-rovers-latest-accounts-reveal-22m-loss/

Too busy rolling to finish reading my sentence which included the words IMPROVING IT. 

I acknowledge they pay bills and wages on time, as they are contracted to do, and as they have to do unless they want the Club taking off them by administrators.

They will not spend on IMPROVING the club. Facilities, staff, structure - left to rot for a decade. That's why its the mess it is. 

Like having a house. Paying the mortgage on time and expecting gratitude and credit for it whilst sitting back letting the place fall down and diminish in value due to neglect.

Honestly, I'm struggling not to be pissed off by our supposed plans in the market.

Clarkson seems a solid signing based on our needs. But two young largely untested wingers who don't convince me from what I've seen and read so far, with one of them being seen as a number 10 for some unbefuckingknown reason, whilst we send our own asset in Chapman out on loan again, meanwhile developing some Brighton defender and possibly sending Carter, who has been looking decent so far and filled two positions, out on loan again (presumably to a level he has already smashed) is just fucking bananas to me. More of Mowbray's scattergun, scatterbrained approach filling me with absolute dread for this and next season.

These kids had better all turn out to be great if we are holding our own back.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I remember "defenders are coming"  Not so sure in the end result is players are brought it. 

Yeah because Mowbray decided to spend 7 million on Brererton and 5 Million on Gallagher.

He changed his mind and decided to blame our young goalkeeper Raya for our poor defensive record.

Add up all the signings Mowbray has made  permanent signings,loan signings and free transfers then come back and tell me signings weren't made .

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I acknowledge they pay bills and wages on time, as they are contracted to do, and as they have to do unless they want the Club taking off them by administrators.

They will not spend on IMPROVING the club. Facilities, staff, structure - left to rot for a decade. That's why its the mess it is. 

Like having a house. Paying the mortgage on time and expecting gratitude and credit for it whilst sitting back letting the place fall down and diminish in value due to neglect.

They have form for not paying bills on time JH, Barclays took the overdraft of them years ago because they failed to pay and provide proof of funds.

Henning Berg took them to the high court for not paying his contract up and I'm sure I could find more examples if I set my mind to it.

This badly advised nonsense is quickly becoming laughable, not aimed at you JH.

Edited by Gav

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Too busy rolling to finish reading my sentence which included the words IMPROVING IT. 

And what about the likes of Armstrong, Brererton and Gallagher?The likes of Ayala,Holtby, Downing,Johnson?

They were not contracted to bring those players to the club.

They spend money just let it be spent stupidly 

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And what about the likes of Armstrong, Brererton and Gallagher?The likes of Ayala,Holtby, Downing,Johnson?

They were not contracted to bring those players to the club.

They spend money just let it be spent stupidly 

What about them?

I firmly believe that the cash buys you refer to were only sanctioned on the basis that all 3 players were expected to turn around substantial profits quickly. Armstrong did, could have been much more but suspect they are happy with their £10 million on him or whatever we ended up getting. The other two less likely but it is clear what the intention was/is with them.

I don't think any of those cash purchases were sanctioned because Venkys believed those players were going to immediately improve the team or club.

Don't get me wrong - Mowbray has had good backing and we've little to show for it - and yes Venkys do provide for a wage bill that some rivals could only dream of - but I don't think they are sat at home keen to see Rovers grow, prosper or succeed. I think Mowbray goes over there, persuades them to stump up some cash because it will turn a profit or whatever so they roll with it. Now the taps are off again because they are bored/disillusioned or whatever so we all have to suffer the consequences of the next phase of their confusion.

For half of Brereton and Gallagher they could have rebuilt the Riverside, deep cleaned and upgraded Ewood, bought a new screen, installed a Desso Pitch and improved the fan experience. Yet there's nothing. Nowt to do with FFP just a general couldn't give a stuff attitude and do the bare minimum to get by.

• Like 1

Last season the club brought in 12 players a mixture of permanent,loans and free transfers including Pickering and finished 15th after one of the worst runs in recent history.

In all of Mowbrays summers here he has brought in at least 6 in the summer window.

We have sold Raya 3 leading to 5,Nuttall 500k and Armstrong for 15 which was only 2 week ago .

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What about them?

I firmly believe that the cash buys you refer to were only sanctioned on the basis that all 3 players were expected to turn around substantial profits quickly. Armstrong did, could have been much more but suspect they are happy with their £10 million on him or whatever we ended up getting. The other two less likely but it is clear what the intention was/is with them.

I don't think any of those cash purchases were sanctioned because Venkys believed those players were going to immediately improve the team or club.

Don't get me wrong - Mowbray has had good backing and we've little to show for it - and yes Venkys do provide for a wage bill that some rivals could only dream of - but I don't think they are sat at home keen to see Rovers grow, prosper or succeed. I think Mowbray goes over there, persuades them to stump up some cash because it will turn a profit or whatever so they roll with it. Now the taps are off again because they are bored/disillusioned or whatever so we all have to suffer the consequences of the next phase of their confusion.

For half of Brereton and Gallagher they could have rebuilt the Riverside, deep cleaned and upgraded Ewood, bought a new screen, installed a Desso Pitch and improved the fan experience. Yet there's nothing. Nowt to do with FFP just a general couldn't give a stuff attitude and do the bare minimum to get by.

I agree that they hold little interest in us, I have never argued that point.How could I?It's clear for all to see.

We were obviously bought to give the Venky name exposure in Europe.And although I do not use it as an excuse for them , initially when they bought the club they were misled in my opinion.

All the guff about leasing players and qualifying for Europe with a 5 million budget that seed was obviously planted in their heads by others, Mrs Desai didn't wake up one morning and decide all that.

On Brererton and Gallagher being bought for a quick sale and to make profit ,I find that a stretch too.Brererton and Gallagher hardly started a match in their first two years at the club if that was the case then surely Mowbray would be gone by now?

And like you said yourself last season regarding Ayala.You critizised the owners and the club for not putting the money up to secure the center half the club was crying out for when it appeared that he was heading to Saudi Arabia.

The high cost deals which that were for Downing (first time) Ayala,Johnson, Holtby...those signings weren't made with a profit in mind.

My only argument is the line we don't spend money when we clearly do.How that money is spent is another matter.

On the state of the ground again I agree an utter disgrace but do the owners actually know about this?Or is it a case of the people on the ground, Waggott and Cheston etc trying to keep the costs down to make it appear that they are doing a better job than they have been doing.

Just find it a stretch that the Venkys would agree to  all those players to be kept on with extensions last year after the covid break but then won't shell out the few thousand it would take to give the place a general tidy up.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't get this. He came in late last season when injuries gave Mowbray no choice, looked every bit the part. Now instead of developing him, we should bring some kids in from the EPL and send him away again? At a time when we are broke?

Makes no sense especially when injuries are inevitable in that position.

Wrong season pal. He was at Burton for the second half of last season where he was young player of the season. It was the year before that he made his debut. 

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Carter will go on loan and so he should. He's going to be 3rd choice here and I'd rather him play a full season at a team in Burton who's fans and staff love him every single week for another season and develop. He's wasted sitting on our bench when we could bring in someone else's player for a season to sit on our bench behind Ayala for half the year. 

The bit that's baffling is why anyone would let us loan one of their centre-backs when he's probably not going to play, but if someone does, happy day.

Joe, I have to disagree with you for once and say no way would I been loaning out Carter this season. He has shown he is more than capable of playing here now in the first team. 

I'm surprised that Brighton are willing to loan a CB then in all honestly probably won't play much. 

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Talk of another defender coming in on loan and if like you say that we will be playing 3 at the back at times this season then surely the club will look to bring in a centre half/left back as we don't have a left footed option when we switch to a 3.

I would keep Carter, he looks more than capable but don't think it will do anything for his development playing a hand full of minutes

Scott Wharton is left footed and has experienced playing in a back 3 at Northampton.  

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1430905284847804416?s=20

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joe, I have to disagree with you for once and say no way would I been loaning out Carter this season. He has shown he is more than capable of playing here now in the first team. 

I'm surprised that Brighton are willing to loan a CB then in all honestly probably won't play much. 

Scott Wharton is left footed and has experienced playing in a back 3 at Northampton.  

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1430905284847804416?s=20

Scott Wharton isnt fit and probably won't be fully match fit till Christmas hence the need for a left footed centre back preferably being able to play left back too

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Scott Wharton isnt fit and probably won't be fully match fit till Christmas hence the need for a left footed centre back preferably being able to play left back too

I think Wharton will be fit shortly and match fit before Christmas. 

I have said several times that I would be looking for left back who can play centre back so you are covering 2 positions with 1 player

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Venkys will know the state of Ewood via Shadow Man, if by no one else.

Its a stretch to think otherwise, unless you want to absolve the owners.

Not absolving the owners of anything.

I'm pointing out the fact that they have spent money on the squad in Mowbrays reign,there is no denying or disputing that.

Every summer Mowbray has been here he has brought at least 6 players in through a mixture of transfer fees,free transfers and loans.

Money brought in Raya, Nuttall and two week ago Armstrong.

People can come up with theories if they so wish that the likes of Brererton and Gallagher were signed as a way of making a quick profit.Yet both hardly start a game in their first 2 seasons at the club, no profit forthcoming and the manager is still in situ.

The high cost free transfer deals signed off, no profit was ever coming from any of those signings.

The extensions to the out of contract and out of favour players after the covid break again signed off no problem.All facts.Not things made up to suit my argument.

And yeah I'm sure Suhail gives weekly reports to the owners about the over grown weeds etc outside the ground.

29 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Not a hope in hell, 

besides if Pep thinks he’s shit I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our first team. Any of our under 23’s would do a better job.

Would you even want him here if what he has been charged with is true?

9 hours ago, Gav said:

He was also sacked after it became clear he was very much a 1 trick pony, the premiership worked him out and now Sheff Utd are bottom of the Championship, but they did make a profit last season for the first time in over a decade, Venkys would love that.

So we'd be better off with Mowbray than Wilder then?

Aye - all right!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

John, think you need to take a look on skysports 😳

Charged with rape even if it’s not true I’d give him a wide berth. I’ve always thought he was a shit defender. I’m sure Pep would have got rid before this occurred, he current resale value is £0, so ideal for fat Waggott.