BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

How would you or anyone know? Waggott apparently told someone at the game that it is down the line, while TM said there has been no discussions - which one do you believe, if either?

There's a theme developing here with Waggott - he talks the talk and promises much but the results of that are rather less impressive.

He probably gets a rush of blood wandering the hospitality suites of Ewood before a game and can't help himself try to impress supporters.

When the pressure was on back in January and the pitch was a disgrace he panicked and told people that he had lined up a multi-million replacement. In the end we get the usual make do and mend job.

He's often promising to 'look into things' at fans meetings then nothing happens.

So I'll believe it when I see it on contract extensions. Suspect he just tells people something they want to hear.

• Like 8

All that was missing from Waggot in that Brockall explanation interview was his flicking his tie like Oliver Hardy in a black and white comedy.

I think that kind of sums him up and whatever he comes out with. He's just a salesman and wandering the corporate suits he's doing his selling job.

On the plus side at least he is there it's not that long ago Rovers had no director representation really.

As it stands (all values taken from the TransferMarket)

We have lost approximately £19 million in value to the playing squad with the vast majority being Adam Armstrong but a couple of million in the departure of Bell, Evans, Holtby etc (not that anyone minded that)

We have the following first team players in the last year of their contracts: Lenihan, Brereton, Kaminski, Nyambe , Rothwell , Chapman and Davenport with a total market value of about £15 million. We would eligible for compensation on Nyambe, Brereton, Chapman and Davenport if they leave without a new contract and if they are transfered to a UK based team which maybe unlikely for Brereton.

The loanees bring us no squad value in the long term and in the short term it sound like we are spending a fair amount on their wages. 

Putting that all together £19 million in players left this transfer window, £0 million came in so far and £15 million in players are currently set to leave at the end of the season, although there is still time for renewals. In a few words, looks bloody grim 

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 3

Seems like Mowbray has a minimal budget to sign this striker, very much expecting no permanent striker to come in.

This idea that 5 or 6 players will get 10 goals as referenced in his interview is very fanciful, and totally unrealistic. Gallagher and Brereton are not natural goalscorers, and the former playing wide only further affects that, but maybe 10 is a reasonable expectation. Beyond that, not so much. Dolan is not a goalscorer, I think if he got 5 we would take that. Khadra and Poveda have never scored a senior goal, an expectation for them to get 10 would be baseless. Likewise with Buckley and Rothwell, neither are goalscorers, Rothwell might get his usual 2 or 3, Buckley again is not a goalscorer. There are very few goals in our team, its ok saying that they can share them out but there is no evidence that they will do that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Mowbray has a minimal budget to sign this striker, very much expecting no permanent striker to come in.

This idea that 5 or 6 players will get 10 goals as referenced in his interview is very fanciful, and totally unrealistic. Gallagher and Brereton are not natural goalscorers, and the former playing wide only further affects that, but maybe 10 is a reasonable expectation. Beyond that, not so much. Dolan is not a goalscorer, I think if he got 5 we would take that. Khadra and Poveda have never scored a senior goal, an expectation for them to get 10 would be baseless. Likewise with Buckley and Rothwell, neither are goalscorers, Rothwell might get his usual 2 or 3, Buckley again is not a goalscorer. There are very few goals in our team, its ok saying that they can share them out but there is no evidence that they will do that.

Its just the latest phase of Mowbray's never ending journey and process.

Reading his comments in the Telegraph this morning it almost sounds as though he was unhappy with Armstrong netting 25 times last season and us being so reliant on his goals. He mentions only finishing 15th despite Armstrong's efforts which I think actually serves to remind people just what a poor job Mowbray did though he won't see it that way.

Now the latest project he has is to spread the goals around the team more and not be so reliant on one striker. Sounds good but lets be honest this is just him getting ready for another transition and journey whilst the team goes nowhere fast.

Then when the loans go back next summer and we lose another 7-8 out of contract and have another massive rebuilding job on our hands he'll come up with some other system, style or team he wants us to follow and it all starts again.

Doesn't actually get the club anywhere because we are getting further away from the top 6 the longer he's at it and whatever assets we have are losing value or set to leave for nothing and nothing else is being brought in. But hey it sounds good, keeps him and his chums in good work and keeps a lot of supporters quiet so on it goes.

Just now, JHRover said:

Its just the latest phase of Mowbray's never ending journey and process.

Reading his comments in the Telegraph this morning it almost sounds as though he was unhappy with Armstrong netting 25 times last season and us being so reliant on his goals. He mentions only finishing 15th despite Armstrong's efforts which I think actually serves to remind people just what a poor job Mowbray did though he won't see it that way.

Now the latest project he has is to spread the goals around the team more and not be so reliant on one striker. Sounds good but lets be honest this is just him getting ready for another transition and journey whilst the team goes nowhere fast.

Then when the loans go back next summer and we lose another 7-8 out of contract and have another massive rebuilding job on our hands he'll come up with some other system, style or team he wants us to follow and it all starts again.

Doesn't actually get the club anywhere because we are getting further away from the top 6 the longer he's at it and whatever assets we have are losing value or set to leave for nothing and nothing else is being brought in. But hey it sounds good, keeps him and his chums in good work and keeps a lot of supporters quiet so on it goes.

I think you are reading far too much into it.

If we are going down the self preservation route, Armstrong's goals kept us out of danger and also led to a considerable transfer profit on one of his signings, so it wouldn't have been in his best interests for Armstrong to not be as good as he was.

The goals being spread about is presumably partly to reduce expectations of any potential new striker that we can afford with a miniscule budget being expected to score at that same rate.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

.Doesn't actually get the club anywhere because we are getting further away from the top 6 the longer he's at it and whatever assets we have are losing value or set to leave for nothing and nothing else is being brought in. But hey it sounds good, keeps him and his chums in good work and keeps a lot of supporters quiet so on it goes.

Plus Dack should be ready to sell next summer giving him another few quid to give back to balaji with the new 3 year deal signed

31 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

See West Brom are signing  a player on loan from Brighton, bet their fans aren't going ballistic like some...

They are signing a player with first team experience for Brighton and over 50 games experience in the championship. We are signing Khadra who has never played senior football, there’s a bit of a difference…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

As it stands (all values taken from the TransferMarket)

We have lost approximately £19 million in value to the playing squad with the vast majority being Adam Armstrong but a couple of million in the departure of Bell, Evans, Holtby etc (not that anyone minded that)

We have the following first team players in the last year of their contracts: Lenihan, Brereton, Kaminski, Nyambe , Rothwell , Chapman and Davenport with a total market value of about £15 million. We would eligible for compensation on Nyambe, Brereton, Chapman and Davenport if they leave without a new contract and if they are transfered to a UK based team which maybe unlikely for Brereton.

The loanees bring us no squad value in the long term and in the short term it sound like we are spending a fair amount on their wages. 

Putting that all together £19 million in players left this transfer window, £0 million came in so far and £15 million in players are currently set to leave at the end of the season, although there is still time for renewals. In a few words, looks bloody grim 

Chapman turns 24 in November, and Nyambe in December. I think that once they hit 24 we are entitled to no compensation.

23 hours ago, islander200 said:

Trybull has had his contract terminated.Hope we stay clear of trying to bring him in 

Just signed for Hannover 96. Could say our German equivalent in many ways! Except they have the trophy winning success of Newcastle. Selling star players to balance books, little investment, 8000 fans in 50 000 seater stadium....but a young up and coming manager.

16 minutes ago, Butty said:

They are signing a player with first team experience for Brighton and over 50 games experience in the championship. We are signing Khadra who has never played senior football, there’s a bit of a difference…

True... how many champ games did Trtbull and Douglas have again?

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Chapman turns 24 in November, and Nyambe in December. I think that once they hit 24 we are entitled to no compensation.

True, in the most part. You get a couple of bits for Nyambe because he's a true academy player, but zilch for Chapman. And the figure you're talking about for Nyambe isn't large.

If Nyambe goes before he's 24 then you'd probably get a few million and a percentage at tribunal.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

True, in the most part. You get a couple of bits for Nyambe because he's a true academy player, but zilch for Chapman. And the figure you're talking about for Nyambe isn't large.

If Nyambe goes before he's 24 then you'd probably get a few million and a percentage at tribunal.

Bloody hell - surely we have to sell Nyambe then if we don't get a new deal done.

26 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Just signed for Hannover 96. Could say our German equivalent in many ways! Except they have the trophy winning success of Newcastle. Selling star players to balance books, little investment, 8000 fans in 50 000 seater stadium....but a young up and coming manager.

Hope he performs better and gives more than he did in his time here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavrover said:

See West Brom are signing  a player on loan from Brighton, bet their fans aren't going ballistic like some...

Yes, but I presume they will have done good business apart from that, it won't be the cornerstone of their business.

Plus as others have said, likely to be a more experienced player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phili said:

Well Brentford sold a player for £20m+ each season and is the approach we should be taking. Buy X build him up for 12 months and then move on to the next target. I agree it is the approach we should be taking.

The problem is we are just not set up to do it. Brentford will sell and already have 10 players scouted to replace that player. Everything from owner down is geared to stats, analysis etc. We would need Venky's to suddenly understand football and get involved more for this approach to work.

If we were to take that approach, we would need to stop buying Center forwards with the touch of Donkey for 6 million quid, then play them on the wing

• Like 7

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

If we were to take that approach, we would need to stop buying Center forwards with the touch of Donkey for 6 million quid, then play them on the wing

Therein lies the key.

Buying Brereton and Gallagher totally blew the Brentford nonsense out of the water even if they'd hit the ground running. You'd be going some to try and turn a quick profit at those fees.

They don't fit the long term development line either at those prices when the rest of the squad was screaming out for investment. Many mid table managers given those funds would've looked to build a side or strengthen their weak areas first.

I don't care how they eventually work out they were daft signings at the time. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Seen that we've been linked with Patrick Roberts, who is due to be available on a free from City (reportedly with a sell on % included in any move). Would love to see him join although I doubt we could compete on wages with the other clubs linked. 

Bags of potential. However hasn’t worked for the past couple of seasons and can’t us needing him when we’ve just brought in Poveda with Khadra also on the way. 

19 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Seen that we've been linked with Patrick Roberts, who is due to be available on a free from City (reportedly with a sell on % included in any move). Would love to see him join although I doubt we could compete on wages with the other clubs linked. 

Would be a very interesting one that. Not one I'd be completely delighted with given the way that he hasn't kicked on, but undoubted potential. I'm not anti-loan on principle, but I'd much sooner bring in Roberts than another winger on loan. 

Seems as though the clubs rumoured are us, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth. I suppose Bournemouth could blow us out of the water wages-wise (but would he play?). The others appear to be cutting their cloth not too dissimilarly to us this summer, so I wouldn't rule us out. 

• Like 1