BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm not interested in the so-called reasons why players wanted out or not. There's always an excuse. Bit like when Ben Marshall 'wanted out' and 'refused' a new contract and then later he admitted neither were true. I'm sure appointing a clown like Coyle would make any half decent player question his future at the club. Fact is that they were both sold for £10,000,000 and we signed Gordon Greer and Wes Brown to replace them and got relegated. No club in their right minds does that.

Didn't we sign Mulgrew and Hoban as their proper replacements with Brown and Greer has back ups?

We have the academy yet are allowing products from it to run their contracts down. 

So would you be in favour of selling Nyambe before the deadline if he won't a new contract? 

Also you forgotten to mention that we have tied down 4 academy players recently to new contracts in Buckley, Carter, Rankin-Costello and Wharton. 

I'm not for one minute suggesting we spend £40 million. You're just being silly now. I don't accept that the club cannot even sign free agents or a few low price players and I do not accept that our policy of borrowing kids from Brighton and Leeds is sustainable, suitable or will lead to any sort of success. It is in itself at odds with FFP that you love to go on about - because if FFP is the big issue here then we need assets not loans.

Why Silly? If you want promotion then why not throw money at it and achieve it then deal with EFL consequences later? 

More and more clubs loaning players even from championship clubs like Forest have just done Lowe from Sheffield United. But I do accept we shouldn't be signing loads of loans but that's what Mowbray and club have decide to do. 

Let's see if we get this permanent striker signing in and who it is. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't we sign Mulgrew and Hoban as their proper replacements with Brown and Greer has back ups?

So would you be in favour of selling Nyambe before the deadline if he won't a new contract? 

Also you forgotten to mention that we have tied down 4 academy players recently to new contracts in Buckley, Carter, Rankin-Costello and Wharton. 

Why Silly? If you want promotion then why not throw money at it and achieve it then deal with EFL consequences later? 

More and more clubs loaning players even from championship clubs like Forest have just done Lowe from Sheffield United. But I do accept we shouldn't be signing loads of loans but that's what Mowbray and club have decide to do. 

Let's see if we get this permanent striker signing in and who it is. 

Do you think we will? Or have a competitive budget to do so?

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think we will? Or have a competitive budget to do so?

I expect so. If not Mowbray will look a fool tbh after talking about.

We have the budget to sign Obafemi and wasted 2 weeks chasing him. 

There is plenty of strikers we could bring him whether it's Charles from Stanley or Healey from Toulouse or Nisbet from Hibs or Morris from Barnsley or Dale from Crewe. These are 5 examples of strikers we could sign for less than we were going to spend on Obafemi 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect so. If not Mowbray will look a fool tbh after talking about.

We have the budget to sign Obafemi and wasted 2 weeks chasing him. 

There is plenty of strikers we could bring him whether it's Charles from Stanley or Healey from Toulouse or Nisbet from Hibs or Morris from Barnsley or Dale from Crewe. These are 5 examples of strikers we could sign for less than we were going to spend on Obafemi 

None of those 5 names excite me. Do they excite you? 

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think Mogadick can get Sancho on loan, he won't be getting a game now..👍

our tone would have him on the bench learning the position from sam gallagher and big ben" he has to learn our system because it`s different from man utd,it will take time for him  to develop physically,until he can prove to me he`s ready he`ll start on the bench" said the sage of middlesborough

• Like 1

Mowbray in LT about Poveda:

“He's played quite a bit in the Premier League quite and as I’ve talked about before, the salary level is way, way beyond where we can even think about.”

As I posted on Tuesday, my understanding is that this is an expensive deal for Rovers (loan fee and wages).

Those who thought the lad was on some £10/11k / week at Leeds need to think again.

If what I've been told is correct, his salary at Leeds is substantially higher than our highest earner(s) and I understand he will be one of Rovers' highest earners (if not the highest) even though we will be paying only a part of his salary.

I just hope the lad delivers!

Edited by Mercer

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

“He's played quite a bit in the Premier League quite and as I’ve talked about before, the salary level is way, way beyond where we can even think about.”

As I posted on Tuesday, my understanding is that this is an expensive deal for Rovers (loan fee and wages).

Those who thought the lad was on some £10/11k / week at Leeds need to think again.

If what I've been told is correct, his salary at Leeds is substantially higher than our highest earner(s) and I understand he will be one of Rovers' highest earners (if not the highest) even though we will be paying only a part of his salary.

What's happening with that  imminent loan arrival from Liverpool?

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I was at the airport earlier looking out for him to kidnap and drive him to the Tickled Trout.

Ah the memories Paul……

Kenny loved the Tickled Trout for a deal or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray has also repeatedly said that we go for youngsters on loan simply because the majority of the wages are covered by the parent club so that doesnt prove anything. His Leeds wage may be high but thats irrelevant.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not bothered whether they excited me as long as they scored goals, perform well and played for the shirt. 

Have you seen much of any of them?

Have you out of interest? Morris is injured for 2 months so we can rule him out, I think Dale is a winger and Nisbet is about to sign a new deal.

• Like 2

Interesting that JRC played right-back tonight for the U23s, seems clear that's where Mowbray sees him and he did favour him over Nyambe last season. If it happens again this season then there's zero chance of Ryan staying, despite being the superior player.

JRC is a good utility player but he's another average Joe for me, Bennett mkII.

No names leaked from the list of 5-6 that Mowbray mentioned a fortnight ago?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Interesting that JRC played right-back tonight for the U23s, seems clear that's where Mowbray sees him and he did favour him over Nyambe last season. If it happens again this season then there's zero chance of Ryan staying, despite being the superior player.

JRC was absolute bollocks at right back tonight.

6 hours ago, Gavrover said:

True... how many champ games did Trtbull and Douglas have again?

They were both older pros. West Brom have loaned one of Brighton’s best prospects and we’re loaning a complete unknown, but I’ll be backing him of course like all rovers fans will be doing when he’s on the pitch. Don’t see what point you’re trying to make other than moaning about other fans moaning 😂 

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I'm not a fan of JRC at right back. In fact, I don't rate him as highly as some do. He's alright as a squad player, but we need a proper right back to step in for Nyambe. I thought JRC said he doesn't want to play at right back and that he wants to play further forward? I'm sure somebody posted that on here. It looks like he will play there anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Butty said:

They were both older pros. West Brom have loaned one of Brighton’s best prospects and we’re loaning a complete unknown, but I’ll be backing him of course like all rovers fans will be doing when he’s on the pitch. Don’t see what point you’re trying to make other than moaning about other fans moaning 😂 

Suppose I'm just pointing out that we are moaning when we've no real idea how successful they'll be.. everyone (including me) thought Trybull and Douglas would be great but they were pony. 

• Like 2