BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd say it's fairly plain that Waggott, Mowbray and Venus  aren't good enough and everything bad that has happenened at Ewood over the last few seasons stems from that as up to press the owners have given them free rein within an agreed budget.

You've blamed every manager, every CEO, every MD and even the tea lady for the decline of the football club over the past 10yrs.

You've told me on more than one occasion you believe Venkys will come good at some point and thats why you can't see through those Venky tinted spectacles, it has clouded you judgement for a decade and its set to do the same for the next decade to come. 

The only decent manager to get near the job and this:

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/features/featured/8700/dunlavy-column-the-day-blackburn-rovers-ditched-warnock-for-coyle/

Warnock was typically forthright. “I spoke to one club,” he said. “But they didn’t know what they were doing.”

Badly advised eh......bloody criminal i'd say.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

@RevidgeBlue Last paragraph is pretty damning of the situation and needs pinning on twitter and facebook. So many never look at the big picture as to how these things unfold and all the signs along the way are there.

It's always forget yesterday tomorrow we'll be fine !

Well no because yesterday shapes today.

I get what @JBizis saying in less extreme it's certainly less crazy and unpredictable than it was. Mowbray certainly steadied the waters and pointed the ship in the right direction. However he then seemed happy to sail it in circles around the same island pretending he was on some adventurous journey over unchartered waters.

They needed a firm nudge in one direction or the other from the Admirals but they are too busy turning eggs in gold and having parties.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Middlesbrough are losing millions a year too.

When they came down from the PL they squandered their parachute cash under Garry Monk, spending tens or millions largely on dross. This was in 2017 so not long ago.

Then they fired Monk and his staff, brought in Pulis for a year or two. Then he left and they had Woodgate then sacked him and got Warnock. 

I think the reality of the situation is they have an owner with a desire to spend and ambition to back his manager as much as possible. We have excuse makers, liars, charlatans who will hide behind any excuses they can find and FFP is a blessing for them to do so.

I simply don't accept that Middlesbrough are able to do business as I identified above yet despite selling Armstrong, spending very little on fees for players in the last 2 years and slashing the wage bill that we are still treading carefully on FFP.

Does it not occur to you that Venkys might have just got fed up of spending and turned the taps off again?

Thanks also for confirming my point which was that the transfer fees are always reserved for the strikers. Rothwell a free agent, Davenport a minimal fee, Rodwell free, Palmer and Reed loans

Mowbray now saying he will only get funds if it is on a striker. More reason to believe the owners will only sanction cash on a player if certain requirements are met. 

Middlesbrough are well In profit on player transfers regardless if they wasted their parachute payments.

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When they came down from the PL they squandered their parachute cash under Garry Monk, spending tens or millions largely on dross. This was in 2017 so not long ago.

Then they fired Monk and his staff, brought in Pulis for a year or two. Then he left and they had Woodgate then sacked him and got Warnock. 

I think the reality of the situation is they have an owner with a desire to spend and ambition to back his manager as much as possible. We have excuse makers, liars, charlatans who will hide behind any excuses they can find and FFP is a blessing for them to do so.

I simply don't accept that Middlesbrough are able to do business as I identified above yet despite selling Armstrong, spending very little on fees for players in the last 2 years and slashing the wage bill that we are still treading carefully on FFP.

Does it not occur to you that Venkys might have just got fed up of spending and turned the taps off again?

Thanks also for confirming my point which was that the transfer fees are always reserved for the strikers. Rothwell a free agent, Davenport a minimal fee, Rodwell free, Palmer and Reed loans

Mowbray now saying he will only get funds if it is on a striker. More reason to believe the owners will only sanction cash on a player if certain requirements are met. 

Yes Boro over spent the parachute money which is why they have recoup so much money by selling key assets for profit. 

Rovers are losing around 20 million pounds per season. But can't only lose 39 millions over 3 seasons. We aren't..

People have come on the forum and explained the FFP situation and why we are so close to being in embargo. Only have to look @philiposts on here. I don't know how more clearly people can be with yourself? 

Venkys turned the taps off when they just put 20 million pounds into the club directly on 28 June 2021

• Like 1

We haven't been a trading club for years like some of the others but for a little spell we were a buying club. AA, BB, SG all arrived in succession costing 15 million, that's quite ambitious for a mid table mid budget Championship cub. Bolting it on to what was here already and other signings stretching the wage budget to busting point again should have resulted in us being top 10 regulars.

Now after selling Raya and Armstrong for somewhere in the region of 15-20 milllion combined. Dependent on what figures you believe and with a supposed new cycle of FFP on the horizon it's time to be a trading club again.

A smart one, laying out several million per season in loan fees and wages just to aim to finish 15-12th isn't particularly smart imo. 

Somehow i think the ownership might just have been blagged again into thinking this will result in a stab at the top.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Difference being, Middlesborough are a well run club, with an owner who cares and who makes sure he employs the best people he can to run the club. He also quickly makes managerial changes once he realizes it isn't working or if he has made a mistake.

Our owners employ yes men, whose only employment criteria is they agree with everything Venky's say and implement it. If you have your own ideas or want to run the club professionally you are pretty much out on your ear. If you try and tell Venky's how to run the club or what they should do, you are out on your ear.

• Like 4

I think there are other things in play here behind the scenes Maggot is absent so what exactly is he doing? I think he is probably on gardening leave as he prepares to leave the club very much the same with Mowbray because you would expect that if all was good he would be offered a new deal by now! I’ve no evidence to back this up but it’s clearly more likely than not reading into everything.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

People have come on the forum and explained the FFP situation and why we are so close to being in embargo. Only have to look @philiposts on here. I don't know how more clearly people can be with yourself? 

Venkys turned the taps off when they just put 20 million pounds into the club directly on 28 June 2021

People have come on the Forum and given their opinion or interpretation of the FFP situation.

That doesn't mean it is correct or entirely accurate.

Venky's current management of the club is on similar lines to what it was in 2017 under Coyle. Selling assets, no money, cheap loans and a manager who shouldn't be here.

You can credit them for pumping in essential funds to keep the club in business and meet their liabilities and commitments. But all this trajectory is going to deliver is further decline and loss of assets on free transfers.

Stupidity and short sightedness.

Next news is we lose Lenihan and Nyambe on free transfers and you will be using FFP as an excuse on why we can't do anything.

Sort one and the other follows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Mowbray’s comments today should be a bigger discussion point.

Venky’s will sanction money only for a striker? I have speculated that provisos like this have been happening for a while and probably explain why defenders never came and the weird Brereton transfer.

It shoots holes in the theory that Waggott and Mowbray are given a budget to spend as they see fit. The structure at the club is completely unclear, and evidently dysfunctional.

And despite being here for a decade, none of the Rao family could tell you the difference between a centre forward and a washing machine. Who is advising them these days?

Or… and I’m not trying to dismiss this point… or be facetious…. it’s because we’ve just sold a striker?

Id put down our seemingly topsy turvy investment in the overall squad down to inadequate scouting, bad decisions from management and the right players being available / wanting to come.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the owners only really take passing interest when it’s a “striker” ie key player.

Also the investment across the squad, with loans preferred in certain areas seemingly - perhaps it’s impacted by what was available from the academy either now or down the line.

Off the top of my head, we’ve not seemingly had many attackers come through - where as our last 5 academy years have given us plenty of defenders / midfielders.

TM regularly talks about “polishing up” to sell on, If I was theorising - perhaps every player that’s coming through has an “expected sale value” attached hence why you’d not spend too much on the centre-back position with Wharton, Carter and Magliore all potentially ready or not far off.

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Mowbray’s comments today should be a bigger discussion point.

Venky’s will sanction money only for a striker? I have speculated that provisos like this have been happening for a while and probably explain why defenders never came and the weird Brereton transfer.

It shoots holes in the theory that Waggott and Mowbray are given a budget to spend as they see fit. The structure at the club is completely unclear, and evidently dysfunctional.

And despite being here for a decade, none of the Rao family could tell you the difference between a centre forward and a washing machine. Who is advising them these days?

It wouldn't be so bad if Mowbray could actually find one---a striker I mean!

"I know how to get round this, I'll tell Balaji I've signed 2 strikers but they're actually going to run up and down the flanks."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

It wouldn't be so bad if Mowbray could actually find one---a striker I mean!

"I know how to get round this, I'll tell Balaji I've signed 2 strikers but they're actually going to run up and down the flanks."

That lad Armstrong didn't do to badly 47er.

More of the same please Mowbray.

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People have come on the Forum and given their opinion or interpretation of the FFP situation.

Venky's current management of the club is on similar lines to what it was in 2017 under Coyle. Selling assets, no money, cheap loans and a manager who shouldn't be here.

You can credit them for pumping in essential funds to keep the club in business and meet their liabilities and commitments. But all this trajectory is going to deliver is further decline and loss of assets on free transfers.

Next news is we lose Lenihan and Nyambe on free transfers and you will be using FFP as an excuse on why we can't do anything.

Selling assets? We have sold one asset in Armstrong who had 12 month left on his contract.

Find it hilarious that you are calling out people for their interpretation of FFP.This coming from the man who won't accept the free transfer signings that have been made have been expensive deals, they would all of got signing on fees.You don't even include Ayala when discussing our transfer spend despite you yourself criticising the club for not paying the price to get him last year when it looked like he was heading to Saudi Arabia.

With crowds of 10 thousand, sponsorship down, miniscule TV money,a wage bill far exceeding our income,spent more on transfers than received.You explain how the club isn't really under threat of not meeting FFP requirements???

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Or… and I’m not trying to dismiss this point… or be facetious…. it’s because we’ve just sold a striker?

Id put down our seemingly topsy turvy investment in the overall squad down to inadequate scouting, bad decisions from management and the right players being available / wanting to come.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the owners only really take passing interest when it’s a “striker” ie key player.

Also the investment across the squad, with loans preferred in certain areas seemingly - perhaps it’s impacted by what was available from the academy either now or down the line.

Off the top of my head, we’ve not seemingly had many attackers come through - where as our last 5 academy years have given us plenty of defenders / midfielders.

TM regularly talks about “polishing up” to sell on, If I was theorising - perhaps every player that’s coming through has an “expected sale value” attached hence why you’d not spend too much on the centre-back position with Wharton, Carter and Magliore all potentially ready or not far off.

I think if it was just this window in isolation there’d be no question. However, when we were crying out for a centre half and he made those “defenders are coming” comments, I truly believe his plans to spend money on one were kiboshed. Mowbray was clearly wanting to invest in that area, there was nobody from the academy knocking on the door at that point and we ended up playing Rodwell there a number of times.

The only players we have spent a 7 figure fee on in years are attackers, with Brereton and Gallagher being massive anomalies in our overall transfer business.

I expect there is some model they work to in terms of “expected sale value”, I theorised about a similarly flawed model regarding contract parameters. I certainly think there are limitations put in place on what Waggott and Mowbray are allowed to do, and the “free reign” idea is miles off.

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People have come on the Forum and given their opinion and interpretation...

And now, here is my opinion presented as fact. 🙄

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JBiz said:

For once we agree, it would be criminal if we sold our major asset and didn't secure a replacement on a permanent basis.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So no doubt you'll be gushing in your praise for the owners being willing to release funds for a striker Gav..........

They've not released funds Rev.  If they were serious the money would have been made available upon the sale of AA, in fact we should have had a  replacement done and dusted if the money is there.....

To make the money available a day before we play and 3 days before the deadline is just bullshit in my opinion.  Even if we do spend we are ending up with another last minute rush job...pathetic 

Like someone said yesterday "the funds were there, we just couldn't get it over the line...."🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So no doubt you'll be gushing in your praise for the owners being willing to release funds for a striker Gav..........

Absolutely, everything in the garden is rosy Rev.

Champions League here we come.