BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Try telling that to the Rovers in the community team who were all fired when we got relegated under king rat, cost cutting.

Why have we no scouting network? 

Why have we just sacked the European scout? 

Why are the backroom team all leaving?

Why can't we get staff to work in the club shop the Saturday after the new shirt is released?

Why does Ewood look like a shit tip?

Why did Steve Patrick leave?

Why has the pitch been awful since the day Steve left?

Why did the club doctors leave?

Why has the club been massively downgraded over the past 10yrs?

All cost cutting Mike, nothing to do with FFP and the list above goes on and on and on.....

Biggest question is, who was the driving force behind the biggest potential downgrade of them all, the sale of the training ground?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yea 1 gone, sold for 5 times more than we paid for his replacement (who’s arguably better)

That would be valid if we wasn't brushing under the carpet the fact we ended up playing a full season with a goalkeeper who was 5-times worse than Raya until Kaminsky actually arrived.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Biggest question is, who was the driving force behind the biggest potential downgrade of them all, the sale of the training ground?

I don't blame any CEO for looking at ways to raise funds at a club haemorrhaging money, no matter how unsavoury that may seem to many, me included. John Williams talked about selling the naming rights to Ewood, but that never happened.

But lets face it, nobody sells fixed assets like training grounds unless the owners say so, the buck stops with them.

• Like 1

Venkys want to run the club like a corner shop operation. Spend nothing on improving it, take no interest in it but pay the staff on time and make sure you trust the manager to run it for you.

Absolutely incompatible with modern business of this size and complexity and especially in the weird world of football 

They haven't learned a thing on that front since the day they arrived. Just replaced Kean and Anderson with Mowbray and Waggott.

Mowbray is at least a manager albeit a mediocre one and Waggott at least some background in running a club. Neither good enough, neither should be here yet Venkys let it rumble on whilst chucking millions down the drain.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Carter will go on loan and so he should. He's going to be 3rd choice here and I'd rather him play a full season at a team in Burton who's fans and staff love him every single week for another season and develop. He's wasted sitting on our bench when we could bring in someone else's player for a season to sit on our bench behind Ayala for half the year. 

The bit that's baffling is why anyone would let us loan one of their centre-backs when he's probably not going to play, but if someone does, happy day.

Who says he'll be sat on the bench all season hes already been involved several times. There are worse places to be for someone like him than 3rd choice at a championship team.

Third choice is just that, when one of the others are out you are in. If they stay out and you do ok you stay in that's the whole idea. Whilst the development line is correct he's still developing if he gets into the team here. Although raw he's already looked like he can manage ok.

This is the whole ethos of developing your own especially when finances come into it. Borrowing and paying for someone else's to use as 3rd choice whilst probably guaranteeing them some games to swing the deal is totally counter productive when you already have your own.

He might not pass a ball like a higher rated kid but if he can defend then he's better learning his trade at a higher level. If he doesn't manage he can be loaned out next season.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That would be valid if we wasn't brushing under the carpet the fact we ended up playing a full season with a goalkeeper who was 5-times worse than Raya until Kaminsky actually arrived.

5 times worse Walton? Sounds a bit OTT. Also Raya wanted to leave - I don’t think this was something they’d planned for.

Certainly wasn’t a patch on either Kammy or Raya. Should’ve been quicker but in the end it’s worked out well.

Oh wait, sorry I mean everything’s terrible. 😆 

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Venkys want to run the club like a corner shop operation. Spend nothing on improving it, take no interest in it but pay the staff on time and make sure you trust the manager to run it for you.

Sorry my eyes 👀 haven’t stopped rolling round and round in their sockets from when I saw you said they spend nothing 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19428098.blackburn-rovers-latest-accounts-reveal-22m-loss/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Sorry my eyes 👀 haven’t stopped rolling round and round in their sockets from when I saw you said they spend nothing 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19428098.blackburn-rovers-latest-accounts-reveal-22m-loss/

Do you really believe the club is in better shape now than before these owners arrived?  Cost cutting is going on throughout the club.  If the owners actually showed an interest in running the club and not simply settle for writing cheques every few months we might get somewhere.  At the moment we are run like a League One club rather than a club looking to return to the top flight.  Fitting I suppose as the only way we will get out of the Championship with these owners is by dropping into League One.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Do you really believe the club is in better shape now than before these owners arrived?  Cost cutting is going on throughout the club.  If the owners actually showed an interest in running the club and not simply settle for writing cheques every few months we might get somewhere.  At the moment we are run like a League One club rather than a club looking to return to the top flight.  Fitting I suppose as the only way we will get out of the Championship with these owners is by dropping into League One.

A League 1 club with an academy.

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Not sure I agree wholly with the “one step back two steps forward” part but I certainly agree wholeheartedly that their inept ownership of the club has led to huge problems.

They’ve literally wasted nearly 200m because of it. Sustained investment to cover up their own bad business decisions, now impacted the turnover to the point we’re borderline breaking 3 year FFP rules in 18 months.

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

When they turn off the taps it coincides with the end off the ffp cycle

My mum always used to tell me not to spend all my pocket money in one go and try and save some for a rainy day.

I wonder what advice those two accountancy firms provided to Venky's and at what cost?

Maybe they should just apply common sense and have a bit of interest from time to time. I don't see other clubs falling off the FFP cliff every 3 years.

Edited by Crimpshrine

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

They haven't learned a thing on that front since the day they arrived. Just replaced Kean and Anderson with Mowbray and Waggott.

Mowbray is at least a manager albeit a mediocre one and Waggott at least some background in running a club. Neither good enough, neither should be here yet Venkys let it rumble on whilst chucking millions down the drain.

until they answer WHY they still pour £millions down a never ending black hole, while choosing not to learn any lessons, I will never understand their motives..... and please, nobody seriously suggest that they are honourable people 🤫

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

until they answer WHY they still pour £millions down a never ending black hole, while choosing not to learn any lessons, I will never understand their motives..... and please, nobody seriously suggest that they are honourable people 🤫

Badly advised though !

In 2010..........

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Completely preparing myself for the "we had plenty of bids in for strikers, but they were just out of our price range" spiel come Wednesday morning.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

My mum always used to tell me not to spend all my pocket money in one go and try and save some for a rainy day.

I wonder what advice those two accountancy firms provided to Venky's and at what cost?

Maybe they should just apply common sense and have a bit of interest from time to time. I don't see other clubs falling off the FFP cliff every 3 years.

I agree with you.I am not defending the owners I am pointing out to others that the line "they don't spend money" isn't true 

And I will also say this people on here every summer are demanding that we sign players etc well the money has to come from somewhere?It's not coming from any income  the club recieves. 

Up until 2 weeks ago the club had brought in about 5 million in transfer fees the last 4 years.

We spend much more money on transfer fees and wages than the clubs who are generating similar income to ourselves.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree with you.I am not defending the owners I am pointing out to others that the line "they don't spend money" isn't true 

And I will also say this people on here every summer are demanding that we sign players etc well the money has to come from somewhere?It's not coming from any income  the club recieves. 

Up until 2 weeks ago the club had brought in about 5 million in transfer fees the last 4 years.

We spend much more money on transfer fees and wages than the clubs who are generating similar income to ourselves.

The joys of having wealthy owners eh 😉

On 23/08/2021 at 21:35, roversfan99 said:

Even if the loans improve us? Makes no sense.

Go on then, let's see this logic of yours in action.

Please let us all know how the loans of Elliot, Douglas, Trybull, Harwood-Bellis and Branthwhaite have improved us. Considering the loan fees involved, the wages involved, the lack of continuity, the eradication of options for our own players, the lack of buying options and so on.

Exactly how are we now in August 2021 better for having gone down that route rather than having bought a couple of players and given our own youngsters a shot?

You say I make "no sense", so tell me what this "sense" is, please. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sharpe said he doing a story tomorrow about a permanent striker deal.

We have this every season.The club say different things to the media but the end result is players are brought in.

Also Mowbray was only saying a week ago that no negotians over new deals yet Waggott was in the lounge at the weekend telling people that Lenihen is close to signing and Brererton not far off.So one of them is lieing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Please let us all know how the loans of Elliot, Douglas, Trybull, Harwood-Bellis and Branthwhaite have improved us. Considering the loan fees involved, the wages involved, the lack of continuity, the eradication of options for our own players, the lack of buying options and so on.

Exactly how are we now in August 2021 better for having gone down that route rather than having bought a couple of players and given our own youngsters a shot?

Without Elliots 11 assists and 7 goals we could have been right in the mix to go down.Without Harwood Bellis being brought in our defence would have been even worse than it was.

It's not a long term solution granted, but when the club is generating hardly any income and we don't have much room to move in the transfer market what other solution is there.

I would argue the majority of the younger loans we have brought in have been a success in the short term.I would also argue the free transfer signings the club have made in Holtby,Johnson,Roswell etc have been far more costly to the club and haven't worked out for the most part.

The majority of the experienced loan signings haven't worked out at all.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Gav said:

Try telling that to the Rovers in the community team who were all fired when we got relegated under king rat, cost cutting.

Why have we no scouting network? 

Why have we just sacked the European scout? 

Why are the backroom team all leaving?

Why can't we get staff to work in the club shop the Saturday after the new shirt is released?

Why does Ewood look like a shit tip?

Why did Steve Patrick leave?

Why has the pitch been awful since the day Steve left?

Why did the club doctors leave?

Why has the club been massively downgraded over the past 10yrs?

All cost cutting Mike, nothing to do with FFP and the list above goes on and on and on.....

You're right, I'm missing a bigger picture here as I was focusing on the playing side of it.

It does make you wonder what is actually happening and possibly just how hamstrung Waggott might be.

For example, I'm getting more and more wound but by the lack of effort on the commercial side (I know sponsors reaching out to Ewood and receiving no reply), but perhaps it's not for lack of trying but lack of authority?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I don't agree with signing so many loan players but Mowbray has repeatedly said that he doesn't like to and only does because of the cheapness of them, essentially selling the parent clubs a vision whereby their youngsters are getting experience

But football is not solely about thinking long term, there is a balance to be had. You have to consider how team may look in 3/4/5 years, but you also want and need the best team for the current season. If a player was signed on a years contract, or a contract was extended, the same uproar wouldn't be met at not thinking long term. Not all of the squad can or should be younger players on long term deals. You look at Elliott, none of our young players are close to the quality to start games for Liverpool. Carter or Magloire would not be considered for a loan move to Anderlecht or be bought by a Premier League side. Dolan or McBride wouldn't come off the bench so many times for a Premier League side, and again our young defenders wouldn't play regularly in the Eredivise and be sold for £2.5m. These players are of a higher quality, the problem is that we have to sign too many due to such strict financial restrictions based on poor budgetary control by the owners. Teams have had success with loanees, Norwich had Skipp as a key player last season, Swansea made the play offs 2 seasons running with 3 or 4 loanees.

There is the knock on effect too IF any loanees are better that our own youngsters can actually benefit. Of course some already are very much part of the squad, Travis, Rankin Costello, Nyambe, Wharton when fit, Buckley, even Carter now etc. Wharton and Carter both massively benefitted from loan spells, rather than be third or fourth choice here, they get plenty of game time elsewhere, grow, come back and look like different players to fill the void of temporary upgrades that have

Venkys sadly do not work in a way whereby loans can be part of an overall structure that leads to success, they regularly and suddenly turn off the taps rather than encouraging a system whereby assets are protected, sold off on a profit and a fraction is reinvested, with the process continuously working like that. Not only that, but again they do not employ the correct people, including Mowbray and Waggott who should both be sacked.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1