BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you out of interest? Morris is injured for 2 months so we can rule him out, I think Dale is a winger and Nisbet is about to sign a new deal.

I've seen most play live apart from Dale and Healey. 

That wouldn't put me off signing Morris. 

Nisbet is in talks about new contract according to Jack Ross. But I've sure if we want we could sign him and offer him a better package  

Dale can play any of the front 3 from what I understand. 

Charles has been very impressive at Stanley and I've seen him a live few times. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not bothered whether they excited me as long as they scored goals, perform well and played for the shirt. 

Have you seen much of any of them?

Well the 2 things go hand in hand. If they aren't scoring goals or performing well it won't excite any of us. 

I have seen little to nothing of them. Hadn't heard of some of them. You? 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well the 2 things go hand in hand. If they aren't scoring goals or performing well it won't excite any of us. 

I have seen little to nothing of them. Hadn't heard of some of them. You? 

Heard of them all. 

Morris played for Shrewsbury and Barnsley against us. Plus other tv games

Nisbet seen on tv last season and this. 

Charles seen live for Stanley a few times. 

Healey linked to him via the LT. 

Dale not seen live But just some clips. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Heard of them all. 

I thought you dont watch the SPL?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't we sign Mulgrew and Hoban as their proper replacements with Brown and Greer has back ups?

So would you be in favour of selling Nyambe before the deadline if he won't a new contract? 

Also you forgotten to mention that we have tied down 4 academy players recently to new contracts in Buckley, Carter, Rankin-Costello and Wharton. 

Why Silly? If you want promotion then why not throw money at it and achieve it then deal with EFL consequences later? 

More and more clubs loaning players even from championship clubs like Forest have just done Lowe from Sheffield United. But I do accept we shouldn't be signing loads of loans but that's what Mowbray and club have decide to do. 

Let's see if we get this permanent striker signing in and who it is. 

Hoban was an injury prone loan signing. Shame for him but if he was seriously considered as a 'replacement' for Hanley or Duffy I think my point has been proven.

The only circumstances in which I would support selling Nyambe this window would be if a new manager came in and either decided he didn't want Nyambe or Nyambe didn't want a new contract. I don't believe he has been offered a new contract or if he has that his offer has been remotely reasonable for a player of his importance or ability. Shame he's not Smallwood or Gladwin and gets good terms to sit out the months not playing.

I've already dealt with the new contracts issued this summer. Those deals were not senior players. Their wages miniscule in the scheme of things and very easy deals to do. 

I'm amazed you are bringing up the Forest signing of Max Lowe. Experience at Derby, Sheff Utd and Aberdeen. Even those sort of signings are pipe dreams for us now with our Brighton and Leeds reserves.

We've effectively become what Blackpool were 5-6 years ago under Oyston or what Stanley were in the time before their owner took over. Reliant on cheap, easy, generous loans to assemble a squad.

If you think that is acceptable for this club then enjoy yourself. I do not think it is acceptable and will not tolerate it, and I don't care if Mowbray and the club have 'decided' that is it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Give the lad time, he’ll come good. You can’t judge him based on 45 minutes after being so long out injured.

I can judge him as he is at the moment, on his performance tonight. Whether or not, that he was coming back from injury, tonight he was below U23s standard

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought you dont watch the SPL?

Watch some SPL last season due to pandemic, being lockdown, etc. 

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only circumstances in which I would support selling Nyambe this window would be if a new manager came in and either decided he didn't want Nyambe or Nyambe didn't want a new contract. I don't believe he has been offered a new contract or if he has that his offer has been remotely reasonable for a player of his importance or ability. 

Nyambe has been offered a new contract but yet to sign it hence why we activety his 12 months extension clause this season. If you want to keep believing we aren't offering these players new contract without no evidence then so be it. 

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've already dealt with the new contracts issued this summer. Those deals were not senior players. Their wages miniscule in the scheme of things and very easy deals to do. 

All 4 will become first team regulars over the next 2 years so their contracts are important to the short, medium and long term of the club.  

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm amazed you are bringing up the Forest signing of Max Lowe. Experience at Derby, Sheff Utd and Aberdeen. Even those sort of signings are pipe dreams for us now with our Brighton and Leeds reserves

Have to disagree there. We signed a good young player in Pickering who over time we develop into a good player for this club. 

We signed one Leeds player on loan who appeared in the PL last season and will bring us skill and tricky to our team. We might not sign the Brighton 2 players on loan yet. Who knows. 

West Brom has signed a Brighton's midfielder on loan today but don't see you slamming that decision.  

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

will not tolerate it

So what are going to do about it?

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Give the lad time, he’ll come good. You can’t judge him based on 45 minutes after being so long out injured.

Agreed but don't think he should be playing at full back especially with the way Mowbray likes our full backs playing so far forward,he lacks the pace to get back.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Hoban was an injury prone loan signing. Shame for him but if he was seriously considered as a 'replacement' for Hanley or Duffy I think my point has been proven.

The only circumstances in which I would support selling Nyambe this window would be if a new manager came in and either decided he didn't want Nyambe or Nyambe didn't want a new contract. I don't believe he has been offered a new contract or if he has that his offer has been remotely reasonable for a player of his importance or ability. Shame he's not Smallwood or Gladwin and gets good terms to sit out the months not playing.

I'm amazed you are bringing up the Forest signing of Max Lowe. Experience at Derby, Sheff Utd and Aberdeen. Even those sort of signings are pipe dreams for us now with our Brighton and Leeds reserves.

We've effectively become what Blackpool were 5-6 years ago under Oyston or what Stanley were in the time before their owner took over. Reliant on cheap, easy, generous loans to assemble a squad.

If you think that is acceptable for this club then enjoy yourself. I do not think it is acceptable and will not tolerate it, and I don't care if Mowbray and the club have 'decided' that is it.

Yes the players who have signed new deals will have been on the cheaper end of wages but at least it is showing some sort of forward planning by getting our more rated youngsters tied down to long term deals.

In fairness Harvey Elliot and Harwood Bellis might have been cheap for us but we would have had to fight off other clubs to get them, certainly for Elliot.

I don't think anyone is "happy" that we are so reliant on the loan market but some people are accepting of it and try to make the best of the situation.

Constantly moaning on a message board about every single thing the club does will change absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I can judge him as he is at the moment, on his performance tonight. Whether or not, that he was coming back from injury, tonight he was below U23s standard

Christ I’m glad your not looking after us, our players coming back from injury would be scared shitless in case they didn’t perform. See what he’s like after half a dozen more games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Heard of them all. 

Not sure how you would have heard of a Toulouse striker,but anyways.

Who is the best of the 5? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watch some SPL last season due to pandemic, being lockdown, etc. 

Nyambe has been offered a new contract but yet to sign it hence why we activety his 12 months extension clause this season. If you want to keep believing we aren't offering these players new contract without no evidence then so be it. 

All 4 will become first team regulars over the next 2 years so their contracts are important to the short, medium and long term of the club.  

Have to disagree there. We signed a good young player in Pickering who over time we develop into a good player for this club. 

We signed one Leeds player on loan who appeared in the PL last season and will bring us skill and tricky to our team. We might not sign the Brighton 2 players on loan yet. Who knows. 

West Brom has signed a Brighton's midfielder on loan today but don't see you slamming that decision.  

So what are going to do about it?

The deal has an option to buy. He looks a real talent. One of the best young Irish players we have at the moment. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure how you would have heard of a Toulouse striker,but anyways.

Who is the best of the 5? 

If you actually look at what I said about Healey properly! I said I've heard of him and we been linked with via LT, and seen goal clips on YouTube of his time at Mk Dons and Toulouse. But nowhere near enough to form on his overall game. 

All down is the criteria Rovers want in the Strikers search.

To add something to the loan discussion- these are our loans over last ten years. Bold are players we’ve ended up signing on permanent, underlined is players who’ve done well.

2021/22 - Poveda, Clarkson

2020/21- Harwood Bellis, Branthwaite, Trybull, Douglas, Elliott

2019/20- Walton, Tosin, Cunningham* injury 

2018/19- Palmer, Brereton, Reed

2017/18- Payne, Armstrong

2016/17 - Emnes, Gallagher, Byrne, Samuelson, Hendrie, Hoban, Joao

2015/16- Graham, Jordi Gomez, Tony Watt, Grimes, Tom Lawrence

2014/15- Baptiste, Taylor, Spearing

2013/14 - Cairney, Gestede, Micheal Keane, Feeney

2012/13 - David Jones, Rekik, Sandomierski, Josh King, Kazim Richards, Todd Kane, Dj Campbell, Cameron Stewart, David Bentley

2011/12 - Anthony Modeste

I may have missed some. Meant to add - interestingly, I’d say the two worst seasons we’ve had at this level- 2012/13 (ten loans) and then 2016/17 (seven loans)

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Christ I’m glad your not looking after us, our players coming back from injury would be scared shitless in case they didn’t perform. See what he’s like after half a dozen more games.

But that is what I am saying. At the moment he is nowhere near our standards. I have at no point said that he would not improve in the future. 

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Sorry dint want to start but your wrong, he was rusty on the pitch last night but before the game had only had 45 minutes, anyone after that time out would be the same but his position on the pitch his eye for a pass and ability to get between man and ball was all there he will come on with time on the pitch, but if your looking to our own players for that position look no further than our very own... lenni rae cirino ... and has missed the last two under 23 matches as he has been on the bench for the first team, he is just as good or better than Ryan. 

12647578.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

Sorry dint want to start but your wrong, he was rusty on the pitch last night but before the game had only had 45 minutes, anyone after that time out would be the same but his position on the pitch his eye for a pass and ability to get between man and ball was all there he will come on with time on the pitch, but if your looking to our own players for that position look no further than our very own... lenni rae cirino ... and has missed the last two under 23 matches as he has been on the bench for the first team, he is just as good or better than Ryan. 

12647578.jpg

Nowhere near as good as nyambe...Jesus.  race to the bottom at this club now. We are tying down average players and not tying down our better ones.

22 minutes ago, JBiz said:

To add something to the loan discussion- these are our loans over last ten years. Bold are players we’ve ended up signing on permanent, underlined is players who’ve done well.

2021/22 - Poveda, Clarkson

2020/21- Harwood Bellis, Branthwaite, Trybull, Douglas, Elliott

2019/20- Walton, Tosin, Cunningham* injury 

2018/19- Palmer, Brereton, Reed

2017/18- Payne, Armstrong

2016/17 - Emnes, Gallagher, Byrne, Samuelson, Hendrie, Hoban, Joao

2015/16- Graham, Jordi Gomez, Tony Watt, Grimes, Tom Lawrence

2014/15- Baptiste, Taylor, Spearing

2013/14 - Cairney, Gestede, Micheal Keane, Feeney

2012/13 - David Jones, Rekik, Sandomierski, Josh King, Kazim Richards, Todd Kane, Dj Campbell, Cameron Stewart, David Bentley

2011/12 - Anthony Modeste

I may have missed some. Meant to add - interestingly, I’d say the two worst seasons we’ve had at this level- 2012/13 (ten loans) and then 2016/17 (seven loans)

Tunnicliffe ?   Always thought he was ok and offered something a bit different after a ropey start.

Good old Gaz didn't really know what to do with him though.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you actually look at what I said about Healey properly! I said I've heard of him and we been linked with via LT, and seen goal clips on YouTube of his time at Mk Dons and Toulouse. But nowhere near enough to form on his overall game. 

All down is the criteria Rovers want in the Strikers search.

I hope scoring goals is the main criteria. So which of the 5 looks the best player and why in your opinion?  

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope scoring goals is the main criteria. So which of the 5 looks the best player and why in your opinion?  

Like I said before all down to what Rovers want and the criteria of striker we want, money and wages available, whether wants to come here, etc. 

Hopefully by end of Tuesday night we will have our permanent striker in at the club and ready for the next game against Luton at Home

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before all down to what Rovers want and the criteria of striker we want, money and wages available, whether wants to come here, etc. 

Hopefully by end of Tuesday night we will have our permanent striker in at the club and ready for the next game against Luton at Home

I have asked you twice what your opinion is on the 5 players that you said you knew about and you're basically answering like a politician 😆 

• Like 5