BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Anyone else a little suspicious about Nyambe’s “injury”?

Started off as him being rested/protected, it’s developed into a hamstring injury that’s caused him to miss three games. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him touted round and end up getting sold for whatever money we can get for him at quarter to 11 on Tuesday.

Of course the scenario will be reimagined as him being “not good enough” or “a liability” who “was desperate to leave” and “refused to sign a contract”.

I have heard the contract he has been offered described as “laughable” by one source. And another describing it as an extension on the same terms, no pay rise.

I believe he is currently on around 4K per week - that’s less than Waggott.

He has had 4 hamstring injuries in the last twelve months so I guess it’s not that surprising

D10E78BC-E267-4AB5-9EF4-6E55C417065C.jpeg

5F2C5EC3-A313-41F2-99BC-A2005E7D3406.jpeg

DF1E9D25-E0F9-4BA4-8BE8-3FFAA8318A18.jpeg

F689FD8B-4EB1-4EA2-BE8E-86DAE2B596C5.jpeg

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 2

Ben Brereton, this situation leaves me confused.  Signed for mega money as one for the future, a potential huge money sale yet here we are letting his contract run down.  Incompetence.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't know his wages but surely 1m per annum for a CEO of a Championship club isn't unheard of....considering the wages amount per annum we pay out...

He’s on 400K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have asked you twice what your opinion is on the 5 players that you said you knew about and you're basically answering like a politician 😆 

And I gave you my opinion depending on what type of striker we want and budget we have. 

Probably Charles or Nisbet but can't give a proper opinion on Healey or Dale due to not seen them live or know enough about their overall game

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And I gave you my opinion depending on what type of striker we want and budget we have. 

Probably Charles or Nisbet but can't give a proper opinion on Healey or Dale due to not seen them live or know enough about their overall game

Why bother suggesting players who you have no idea about.🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's not your opinion, that's saying the club have criteria. I know that. Well at least, I hope they do. The reality is the club have signed 2 strikers under this manager for £5 million plus each and he won't play either of them centre forward. So something is going wrong somewhere along the line. He plays Dolan centre forward, now Poveda, so I'd say we can knock any lads with physical presence off the list. 

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's not your opinion, that's saying the club have criteria. I know that. Well at least, I hope they do. The reality is the club have signed 2 strikers under this manager for £5 million plus each and he won't play either of them centre forward. So something is going wrong somewhere along the line. He plays Dolan centre forward, now Poveda, so I'd say we can knock any lads with physical presence off the list. 

I don't see Brereton as natural number 9 striker but more suited to a wide role in front 3. 

Ga;llagher should play number 9 role but not a wide role. 

Dolan playing up front worked agains Swansea but not having week. 

I think Charles or Nisbet aren't big physical presence strikers

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Preston supporting friend has heard from three different people at Deepdale that Tom Barkhuizen is on his way to Rovers. Anyone heard anything similar?

interesting. Probably would suit Mowbray has he can play anywhere in front 3 but not the natural striker I would like to see us