BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

McBride wanted on loan by Oxford and Doncaster on loan

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1093563616?-11198:839

Be interested to see how he does in league one, I think he’d do better than a a Nuttall or a Samuel for example. Oxford are a better side than Donny so hopefully he gets a move there and gets plenty of games under his belt. 

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Our own playersike Buckley and Dolan will miss out on vital experience and game time at the expense of those two clowns we've paid money to bring in from Liverpool and Leeds.

Goodness me Rev.....they've hardly got their feet under the table are you're already taking swipes at them....

You said similar about Harvey Elliott when he arrived, yesterday he was running the European Champions ragged and was absolute quality from the day one at Ewood, as was Tosin.

Venkys are refusing to allow the club to sign players on permanent deals, hiding behind FFP as usual, thats why the squad is depleted, the smallest squad I can recall in 40yrs+ so we are scraping around the loan markets to get deals done and its down to your mates in Pune.

Badly advised? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone know much about this lad?

I see that he's a centre half & has quite a few appearances in the Dutch League, but that's about as much as I know.

Recent overview from his time in Holland - 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-track-no-nonsense-brighton-4798687.amp

Another young, raw defender. Just what we need....

"Van Hecke is a strong, capable central defender, he's vocal for his age and is tall, and has a good physique'.

"His passing is decent, and he's not shy to go into duels both on his feet and in the air. He's not the most technically sound player but he is definitely not incapable of dribbling, has a reasonable first touch, and he isn't slow. He has no major shortcomings".

"He still needs to read the game better though and play more cleverly. He does make some fouls here that are not smart fouls, although they are physical fouls more than errors due to for example positioning".

Edited by Doaksie
  • Like 1

Just now, Doaksie said:

Recent overview from his time in Holland - 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-track-no-nonsense-brighton-4798687.amp

"Van Hecke is a strong, capable central defender, he's vocal for his age and is tall, and has a good physique'.

"His passing is decent, and he's not shy to go into duels both on his feet and in the air. He's not the most technically sound player but he is definitely not incapable of dribbling, has a reasonable first touch, and he isn't slow. He has no major shortcomings".

"He still needs to read the game better though and play more cleverly. He does make some fouls here that are not smart fouls, although they are physical fouls more than errors due to for example positioning".

Another young, raw defender. Just what we need....

He's going to set the league on fire. Flaming heck.

More loans of mostly untried youngsters.

Jerome Anderson’s advice still being heeded by the owners.

Needed a good centre half, an experienced central midfielder and a replacement for Armstrong.

Instead it seems we’re trying to build another under 23 side… For 12 months.

• Like 4

Plenty moaned about the Clarkson deal because he's got no first team experience. Van Hecke comes with Dutch 1st league experience at both CB and RB so I really don't mind this one. At least 6ft 3" from what I can see and a nice threat from set pieces going off some of the clips I've seen from corners at Heerenveen just now.

With Wharton out for a while longer, Ayala having a very poor record of staying fit, Nyambe & JRC always getting injured, I think a somewhat experienced loan player to cover CB/RB is a sensible option. Even if all he is is a steady option and nothing more. Won't be paying too much.

I can't pretend it's one that excites me, but I'm surprised more of the people who bemoaned the lack of experience in Clarkson aren't giving some more optimism for this one.

Edited by JoeH

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Plenty moaned about the Clarkson deal because he's got no first team experience. Van Hecke comes with Dutch 1st league experience at both CB and RB so I really don't mind this one. At least 6ft 3" from what I can see and a nice threat from set pieces going off some of the clips I've seen from corners at Heerenveen just now.

With Wharton out for a while longer, Ayala having a very poor record of staying fit, Nyambe & JRC always getting injured, I think a somewhat experienced loan player to cover CB/RB is a sensible option. Even if all he is is a steady option and nothing more. Won't be paying too much.

Is he better than Carter ? Only time will tell.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1