BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham

Fair play those of you who bothered today. Sounds like I missed a classic. I went Blackpool instead with the family, and I hate Blackpool but the kids love it, regardless it was still a better option than watching the game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It isn't. It's in line with his general offensive play. Assists practically non existent too. He's a good defender, but over hyped on here and excused with claims that it's Mowbrays fault he hasn't improved. The modern full back role has changed and he is missing a lot of the stuff necessary to be a top championship one 

Think you are missing the point here. What players have progressed under Tm and his coaching staff? Four years of Nambe's career has been under TM. That's like a 3rd of a players career. You say that a player should be able to teach themselves how to play - it just doesn't work like that. Nyambe is a humble guy, a professional and just follows the advice given to him by an ex-PL defender who is now his manager. 

Nobody is making excuses for Nyambe - he hasn't pushed on. But who is the common denominator here? Travis hasn't pushed on, Rothwell, Lenihan, you can name a long list. 

In my mind, it IS TMs fault tbh. 

• Like 7

A meaningful game and normal service resumed as we fail to win. Of course Rotherham must be pretty shattered after so many games in such a short space of time, so a point reflects better on them rather than us. 

Not much interest in how the season peters out. We always seem to have a bit of a lift once there's no pressure (just as we always do badly when there is pressure.) In light of this there's little to get excited about for next season. Mind you most of the team won't be here, or shouldn't be, so it's difficult to maintain interest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think you are missing the point here. What players have progressed under Tm and his coaching staff? Four years of Nambe's career has been under TM. That's like a 3rd of a players career. You say that a player should be able to teach themselves how to play - it just doesn't work like that. Nyambe is a humble guy, a professional and just follows the advice given to him by an ex-PL defender who is now his manager. 

Nobody is making excuses for Nyambe - he hasn't pushed on. But who is the common denominator here? Travis hasn't pushed on, Rothwell, Lenihan, you can name a long list. 

Think this is a great point. There is a lot of players who aren't playing to their full potential. Very few players seem to live up to their promise. Outside of Dack and Armstrong which players have really progressed?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I don't think playing for him must be very inspiring, but I think a professional who has played his position for years can't blame the manager if they regress.

Nyambe doesn't have the tricks to beat players, allowing him to make good attacking space, plus his crossing/passing in the final third is poor. 

Mowbray gave Travis his chance. Injuries the issue there I would say. That's fairly clear. 

Lenihan. Has he regressed or was he always kind of like this? Mowbray made him captain. 

Rothwell regressed? Very debatable. Is it not that he is just inconsistent? We signed him from Oxford, so it was a step up. 

I would say the players he has impeded are Brereton and Gallagher. Brereton for not playing him, although debatable he deserved to play, but that whole signing was strange.

Gallagher , well if he has screwed anyone ,it's him. 

Mowbray is a problem at this stage, but I don't think we have a team of world beaters just waiting to break through when he leaves. Unfortunately

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think playing for him must be very inspiring, but I think a professional who has played his position for years can't blame the manager if they regress.

Nyambe doesn't have the tricks to beat players, allowing him to make food attacking space, plus his crossing/passing in the final third is poor. 

Mowbray gave Travis his chance. Imjuries the issue there I would say. That's fairly clear. 

Lenihan. Has he regressed or was he always kind of like this? Mowbray made him captain. 

Rothwell regressed? Very debatable. Is it not that he is just inconsistent? We signed him from Oxford, so it was a step up. 

I would say the players he has impeded are Brereton and Gallagher. Brereton for not playing him, although debatable he deserved to play, but that whole signing was strange.

Gallagher , well if he has screwed anyone ,it's him. 

Mowbray is a problem at this stage, but I don't think we have a team of world beaters just waiting to break through when he leaves. Unfortunately

You make it sound like simply playing a position should make you better. Guess top footballers at their peak don't need coaches then. I normally agree with a lot you say, but i just cannot fathom this sudden u-turn on Nyambe.

I wont go into detail and break down the rest of the post until i sober up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Gave Johnson the weekend off to go cycling?

I probably wouldn't ask during the reign of any other manager we have ever had, but...you are joking, right?

I just recall seeing Johnson post an Instagram story of a cycle he had just done which I found bizarre as it was during the Huddersfield match and I had assumed he was injured. Nothing surprises me under this clown.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, they are all taking the piss out of all of us. Just as those that have gone before have done too.

I'm also pretty certain that they are also taking the piss out of the owners and to some tune (just like others that have gone before have done too).

I really just don't get it, never have...nothing has ever made any sense.

This has GOT to bloody end sharpish,🙏 before it is the end! 💙💟🌹

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I just recall seeing Johnson post an Instagram story of a cycle he had just done which I found bizarre as it was during the Huddersfield match and I had assumed he was injured. Nothing surprises me under this clown.

Christ. I like to play devil's advocate so let's see.

I suppose there is a difference between being able to do a leisurely cycle and being properly match fit. If he got a knock he might not have been quite fit enough at the time to give his all for 90 minutes on a pitch, but not carrying a proper injury that wouldn't maybe even benefit from some cycling.

Then again, he was on the bench the game before that so he can't have had too much to need to recover from. Ah well, as the last two games have proven, he's hardly an asset we need.

New contract it is then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Christ. I like to play devil's advocate so let's see.

I suppose there is a difference between being able to do a leisurely cycle and being properly match fit. If he got a knock he might not have been quite fit enough at the time to give his all for 90 minutes on a pitch, but not carrying a proper injury that wouldn't maybe even benefit from some cycling.

Then again, he was on the bench the game before that so he can't have had too much to need to recover from. Ah well, as the last two games have proven, he's hardly an asset we need.

New contract it is then.

He’s getting ready for next season. He’s planning to be the first player to play riding a bike. That way he may be able to get up and down the pitch a bit better. Where does it say in the laws of the game you can’t play riding a bike ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Maybe some of them aren’t going to push on under anyone; I’d be amazed if Lenihan and Rothwell have another gear in them.

The only real complaints a player can have about his manager when it comes to hindering the realization of his potential are not being picked, being played out of position or playing a system that doesn’t suit the players strengths imo. After that, it’s mostly up to the individual. Can skills be polished? Of course, Federer has a coach. But can coaching make the majority of average players above average? I think not.

And if all these players have been having their career stunted by the Moggasaurus, then why have precisely zero of them asked for a transfer in all that time? Our problem is getting players to leave.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s getting ready for next season. He’s planning to be the first player to play riding a bike. That way he may be able to get up and down the pitch a bit better. Where does it say in the laws of the game you can’t play riding a bike ?

I think there are laws regarding what objects can be brought onto the pitch. Sorry to answer seriously.

Hopefully, it's more that he's been told 'on yer bike' and is taking it seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

For whatever reason, they are all taking the piss out of all of us. Just as those that have gone before have done too.

I'm also pretty certain that they are also taking the piss out of the owners and to some tune (just like others that have gone before have done too).

I really just don't get it, never have...nothing has ever made any sense.

This has GOT to bloody end sharpish,🙏 before it is the end! 💙💟🌹

I agree with this just chancers with snouts in the trough, question is will it end, will mowbray and co go, and why don't pasha and babu act

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

You make it sound like simply playing a position should make you better. Guess top footballers at their peak don't need coaches then. I normally agree with a lot you say, but i just cannot fathom this sudden u-turn on Nyambe.

I wont go into detail and break down the rest of the post until i sober up.

It's not a U-turn, I like Nyambe a lot, but I think he has a lot to learn and I wonder if he has the skills, coaching or not ,to be a really good full back at the top level of this division even. I hope he does. 

I think playing the position should definitely make players better. The issue Mowbray brings is he is uninspiring, de-motivating and simply doesn't demand the best. Plus his tactics are often wrong. So he makes it harder for players. There is some individual responsibility on the players for their progression though. 

Nice, lucky you. No beer for me this weekend, but will have a couple for the United Liverpool game today. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Today's performance just summed up our season perfectly. Played some decent football but we lack organisation and that ruthless streak to see games out. We will always give the opposition a goal. Even poor teams like Rotherham. 

I'm clinging on to the hope that TM will do the the right thing and walk as soon as the season is over

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

When fans are back he'll shit his pants though.

• Like 1

What a mess we made of setting up for that freekick.

We made a big arrow and pointed out where to place the shot.

Nyambe then at the final moment made a slight move inward and moved out of the way of the shot doing a starfish jump. Pathetic.

BB - words almost fail me. That late chance beyond the far post - at BBs age I would have put that in the sprout bag every friggin time. And I mean that.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

I just hope that the players are making such basic mistakes, to try and get rid of Mowbray. If they are showing their true abilities, then we are in the shit.

Sadly rigger, I don't think footballers generally are bright enough to contemplate that....some of ours just aren't up to scratch.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Sadly rigger, I don't think footballers generally are bright enough to contemplate that....some of ours just aren't up to scratch.

they are you know,look at the ince situation,they were definately trying to get him sacked,the wigan game especially when they sensed he was in trouble was a case in question,as soon as big sam rocked up it was a 100% change in attitude,they looked like they`de run through a minefield for him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they are you know,look at the ince situation,they were definately trying to get him sacked,the wigan game especially when they sensed he was in trouble was a case in question,as soon as big sam rocked up it was a 100% change in attitude,they looked like they`de run through a minefield for him

Which is why Dullbray likes keeping his teachers pets around the team and sidelines anyone who may rock the boat. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

When fans are back he'll shit his pants though.

Hopefully. I remember being abused at the bar at half time for having a yellow and black scarf on back in the Kean days 🙄