BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'd like to think we're slightly better than that. We all know the pain and embarrassment of owners, particularly those from faraway lands that are disconnected with football, and no supporter deserves that.

End of the day, they shouldn’t give it out if they can’t take it when it comes back their way…

• Like 2

• Backroom

That 1-0 reverse to Wigan that relegated us is possibly my most miserable moment as a Rovers' supporter. Really did feel like the club was hurtling into oblivion. By the time we were relegated to League 1 I was numb to a lot of it as Venky's had completely destroyed the enjoyment of supporting the club by then. 

Don't really remember how Wigan fans reacted, probably because I didn't care about them, but I imagine there were a fair few clubs fans laughing at us back then who aren't laughing anymore. It's very much a 'there but for the grace of God go I' situation when it comes to club ownership. As Chelsea fans have witnessed this season, it can all go wrong in the blink of an eye.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Has anyone ever said that they would prefer Wigan's owners? Simply paying the players doesn't put Venkys in the top 10% of owners in the country/league which was the sort of ridiculous claim that @philipl made.

Its a pathetic argument. 

You thin Ian Brady was bad, well, what about Hitler? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can’t say I’m sad for Wigan fans at all.

They were quick to dance on our grave when they sent us down from the PL.

You reap what you sow….

As I've said elsewhere, I have no sympathy for any other fans after what happened to us and how we were treated by the 'football community'. 

If they go under, so be it - Wigan Warriors get a nice deal on their own stadium.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, philipl said:

But we'd prefer Wigan's owners...

I haven't read that anywhere on this board so I assume you have posted it to offer up some veiled praise for our owners.

Or just being provocative and looking for an argument.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll still die on a hill that we have the worst owners in football, but I might be alone on that hill these days.

There have been some absolute horrors turn in in recent years. 

You would have my company up there on that hill.

• Like 5

Carlisle United v Stockport County at 13:30 for a place in League One. I used to live close to Stockport, so I've got a slight soft spot for them.

The order of the play-offs has been Championship, League Two, and then League One. Any particular reason for that?

Edited by goozburger

On 27/05/2023 at 16:37, AllRoverAsia said:

You would have my company up there on that hill.

Exactly, we have suffered a long and lingering death - there's is short and sweet and the owners will go. Ours will be with us until my deathbed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I can understand why they didn’t have the Championship one today as they probably didn’t want to put it up against the PL final day, but why Saturday and not the traditional Monday I’m not sure.

I'm not sure Monday is very traditional. The last two before yesterday have been on Saturday and Sunday.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I can understand why they didn’t have the Championship one today as they probably didn’t want to put it up against the PL final day, but why Saturday and not the traditional Monday I’m not sure.

They EFL rotate the play-offs across the three days - from memory that is the policy.

• Like 2