BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Well if we were talking millions I guess I could chill in a well air conditioned hotel room for a little while ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Behave. I reckon I'd get you for 50-100k.

And it would be fully booked in pubs/restaurants, days at the beach etc.

I'd want maximum exposure to possible punishment. Otherwise, where's the fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

Behave. I reckon I'd get you for 50-100k.

And it would be fully booked in pubs/restaurants, days at the beach etc.

I'd want maximum exposure to possible punishment. Otherwise, where's the fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

This deal is getting worse by the minute! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do England (and indeed other teams) have 2 more games left? Absolutely crazy and unnecessary influx of internationals. I saw Van Gaal having a pop on Sky Sports earlier.

Who cares, it's entertainment and those picked are paid very well to play football, the national managers should be using it as an opportunity to play the fringe and younger players mind.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Who cares, it's entertainment and those picked are paid very well to play football, the national managers should be using it as an opportunity to play the fringe and younger players mind.ย 

You have to think about the players and injury prevention etc after and indeed before full seasons. If teams played fringe players they still likely would be perhaps equally as fatigued plus it would devalue it to the point of further questioning why the games exist.

The Nations League was a nice idea as a friendly alternative but no one seems to care about it and 4 fixtures post season seems highly unnecessary.

Its not about how much they earn, it is physically proven that these athletes are being tested beyond their limits and become much more succeptible to injury.

Nations league is good to replace some pretty dire friendlies during the international break but for god sake let these players have a summer off. I know they're paid very handsomely for it but some players basically get 3 weeks or so off before starting back in pre season. I've seen players and managers comes out and have a pop at Nations league. Bad idea needs scrapped / changed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Is foden dead? Musiala hasn't really lived up to the hype with bayern. Though his talent is obviousย 

Yes youโ€™re right. Iโ€™d forgotten about Foden. Iโ€™m still not convinced about him being a real playmaker for England though. Iโ€™m reminded of Tom Carney at Rovers. He never seemed to make it for us as a playmaker whenever he was given the chance.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 08:17, RoverDom said:

Nations league is good to replace some pretty dire friendlies during the international break but for god sake let these players have a summer off. I know they're paid very handsomely for it but some players basically get 3 weeks or so off before starting back in pre season. I've seen players and managers comes out and have a pop at Nations league. Bad idea needs scrapped / changed

It is when England are just using it as a series of friendlies. This is the third different starting XI Southgate has picked.ย 

End of the day international football has been based on a four year cycle of the World Cup and Euros for decades.ย 

UEFA can feel free to invent a convoluted completion and say itโ€™s โ€˜competitiveโ€™ all they want, but if players and fans donโ€™t buy it then they will be treated like glorified friendlies, especially when you try and cram in a load of fixtures when said players and fans have switched off in the middle of June.
ย 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2022 at 21:50, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lacklustre display by England. Germany passed us off the park, especially in midfield. England stole a point in the end. Grealish did more in 15 minutes than Mount did in the whole game. Saka ? What is he for ? ย Stirling really poor tonight. I donโ€™t like two defensive midfield players along with Mount in midfield, much too defensive. Southgate too cautious, just like Mowbray, weโ€™ll never win anything with him running the show.

It's interesting how opinions differ - I think Saka and Mount are very good players. I think Grealish is a duffer.ย 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bazza said:

Molyneux is very empty. Sounds like a load of kids watching, though.

Supposed to be behind closed doors as punishment for the trouble at the euro finals.ย 

However, 3000 school children have been allowed to attend.ย 

• Like 1

A yawn fest.

The Nations may be billed as competitive but when a manager and the players treat it like a training session then games like this happen.

A waste of everyone's time and they would have been better off lounging by a pool than on a football pitch.

Grealish if only half the player he was at Villa, Sterling is a slightly better Dolan.ย 

Rice was as usual our standout player.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A yawn fest.

The Nations may be billed as competitive but when a manager and the players treat it like a training session then games like this happen.

A waste of everyone's time and they would have been better off lounging by a pool than on a football pitch.

Grealish if only half the player he was at Villa, Sterling is a slightly better Dolan.ย 

Rice was as usual our standout player.

You know who Rice reminds me of when heโ€™s on the ball - Ronnie Clayton.

ย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You know who Rice reminds me of when heโ€™s on the ball - Ronnie Clayton.

ย 

Yes! Spot on.

When Rice first emerged onto the England scene I didn't really dig it. He has grown immensely in my estimation.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Itโ€™s the way he runs with the ball with his elbows cocked. Ronnie was the same. Heโ€™s just as busy as Ronnie was as well.

Wow! Wish I could've seen Ronnie play - before my time unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how u look at it ๐Ÿ˜†) but I love watching Declan Rice. I think he's probably one of the most underrated players in the prem.

Oh, & tonight? Bore fest. Nation's League? Scrap it, glorified friendlies.

9 hours ago, roverandout said:

Grealish has fantastic first touch and technique but he always tries the simple pass

Doesn't have any ideas other than to draw a foul or play a simple ball. Other than that he's no better than any other attacking option we have

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 1