BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

18 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Losing Lenihan, Nyambe, Brereton and Rothwell on a free is a disaster.

I can handle Rothwell leaving. Brereton is a financial disaster to spend 7 million on and let go just as he starts semi producing and is still only 22/23 years old.

Not so Woody, Brereton would command a transfer fee, it may not be £7m but his stock is rising ala Diaz, if he continues to score like he has in the first few games he may be worth more than our investment. The others will hopefully be sold in January. Two are ex academy and owe us nothing. Rothwell didn’t break the bank so we’d be quids in. Our problem will be finding replacements. The u23s will continue to feed the first team, in the short term until they settle in it could be the course for disaster 

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

“It’s the tough side of football, but then we can’t sign a footballer who’s not going to be able to perform for us for a period of time.”

Oh thank fuck we didn't sign 3 already injured players this summer then.

• Like 8

He cannot be trusted. His words might sound impressive (or at least they do to those still a bit wet behind the ears) but again they simply don't stack up.

The latest 'scheme' - to try and identify a site in BWD - is absolute nonense and carries zero benefit to Blackburn or Blackburn Rovers. Infact quite the opposite - why would any professional football want to spend their week training near Blackburn over the surroundings of Brockhall.

I'm not too concerned about this as Waggott failed to even get a new pitch sorted last year and struggles with the task of signing players or getting kits on sale so I can't see him masterminding a relocation and purchase/development of a new site in Blackburn.

The Brockhall stunt was a quick money grab - push it through quickly and quietly, pile expensive houses on it and pocket the millions that come from it. Moving to a new site in BWD will require much more - identification of suitable sites, purchase, planning, construction - all whilst we continue to need existing facilities in the meantime. It won't happen and hopefully Maggott will be long gone by the time they even reach first base.

• Like 5

Gutted to hear Waggott talking about this again so soon. What is the financial benefit to the Club of moving from Brockhall to  BWD anyway if Brockhall can't be redeveloped for housing? It must be negligible.

It's bad enough potentially losing all our best players for nothing due to his and Mowbray's incompetence but this is the one thing the two bit con man must NOT be allowed to get away with.

He MUST be removed from office before he can bring this to fruition.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Maggots latest on STC in the telegraph. It’s looking more and more like Coventry were they scrapped the training complex to move to a new state of the art complex. Get these charlatans out of the club. MAGGOT OUT, MOWBRAY OUT, URANUS OUT OUT OUT😡🤬🤬

It never actually happened at Coventry. They tried and failed due to Sport England blocking the plan because outdoor pitches would be lost.

As here, there were detailed housing plans and no detail whatsoever of any proposed new facility. Indeed in that instance they didn't even have a site to put a new facility on!

Canvassed the views of some Coventry fans on Sky Blue Talk and they said that after Waggott left the Club it all went quiet on the subject of moving from their existing training ground.

Funny that.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I actually thought he came across better in this interview than previous ones, and answered some well constructed questions with a level of candour.

More of this kind of public response is a step in the right direction.  

We are in the crap though as a club, with only bright spot being the academy.

One thing I didn't quite understand was a suggestion of moving the training ground / academy to a site "in the BwD" area.  Anyone make sense of that?

It is a site close to the M65.  More madness btw.

Edited by Bad Boy

5 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

It is a site close to the M65.

How would we fund a state of the art new training complex?

As soon as Brockhall is sold he'll disappear off into the sunset into a cushy retirement never to be seen again in Blackburn.

And we'll be left with bugger all.

Edit: just seen your caveat. Fair enough.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

I just wonder sometimes if the owners are aware (or even care) about what is going on at Rovers. We are going to potentially see millions of pounds worth of footballers walking away in June and we might get a pittance for one of them in return. I dread to think what the cost of replacing them will be against potential transfer fees and what new players will be demanding. I'd wager in the scheme of things it will cost us infinitely more to replace them than re engage them on new terms. Where is the curtain twitcher in all this, the man of mystery and intrigue. Is he reporting back that we have a bloke masquerading as a CEO who has failed in every aspect of the job. The man isn't fit to sweep the car park never mind calling the shots.I

FOW.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

But we have Billionaire owners who 'will respect the Jack Walker Legacy'.

The question is are Venky's being tight, or are the idiotic FFP rules the reason we can't offer contracts to keep our players.

The FA and FFP will be more than happy if we are "in our place" in League 1, they don't care. 

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I just wonder sometimes if the owners are aware (or even care) about what is going on at Rovers. We are going to potentially see millions of pounds worth of footballers walking away in June and we might get a pittance for one of them in return. I dread to think what the cost of replacing them will be against potential transfer fees and what new players will be demanding. I'd wager in the scheme of things it will cost us infinitely more to replace them than re engage them on new terms. Where is the curtain twitcher in all this, the man of mystery and intrigue. Is he reporting back that we have a bloke masquerading as a CEO who has failed in every aspect of the job. The man isn't fit to sweep the car park never mind calling the shots.I

FOW.

I don't think we will replacing them at all. We will simply have to do with academy players or anyone we can get on a free and for low wages. Fun times ahead.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I just wonder sometimes if the owners are aware (or even care) about what is going on at Rovers. We are going to potentially see millions of pounds worth of footballers walking away in June and we might get a pittance for one of them in return. 

I understand they are aware of all that. Why given those circumstances Mowbray and Waggott are still in employment is a bit of a head scratcher.

The fact that this Brockhall madness has also raised  it's head again quite so soon is also very strange. Someone at the Club must have blocked it first time round so why is it being resurrected again so soon?

It's almost as if Waggott is doing everything he can to ruin us before he leaves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

The question is are Venky's being tight, or are the idiotic FFP rules the reason we can't offer contracts to keep our players.

The FA and FFP will be more than happy if we are "in our place" in League 1, they don't care. 

Yes they'd love nothing more than a Prem chocked with big city clubs with 30k= sell outs every game. And a championship full of clubs getting 20k with the potential of 30+ should they go up.

The rest can slide away to oblivion, it's all about the media and sponsorship paymasters and agents.

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

We can have the best facilities in the UK and Venkeys can stump up the funds for it. They can fully finance the Academy, pay a inept CEO, what they can’t do is finance the improvement in the squad. Yet those who drop out of the premiership have 4 years of parachute payments. Therefore nearly half of the league has an unfair advantage. Given that all clubs now have relegation clauses in their players contracts they have advantages longer than 4 years. Plus if they break the rules and get promoted, the EFL don’t have the ballocks to fine them. DROP THE PARACHUTE PAYMENTS AND LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD.

What isn’t happening is genuine out of the box thinking that any good CEO would be! There are people out there will the required skills and abilities who can run the club in a better footing especially if the support from  venkys  is there as is professed. We just have to find them 😅

• Like 2

I thought the comment about the swimming pool was interesting. Presumably that is one overhead he has his eyes on cutting off as we can be confident such a luxury won't be included in any plans. It certainly couldn't have been fit on the bottom academy site.

I think we are still supposed to believe that Waggott's presence at the club is entirely unrelated to Mowbray's (yeah right) and that it is also a coincidence that for the second time and second club in succession these charlatans are involved in a training ground 'project' that seems to be based on selling valuable land for housing and finding a cheaper, smaller site elsewhere (if ever). I dont believe in coincidences like that.

On the subject of Coventry I keep saying how since the moment the three stooges were all gone they have been on a rapid upwards trajectory. Amazing that. Almost like they were being held back by incompetence.

• Like 9

On 21/09/2021 at 17:59, HowieFive0 said:

Every word from Steve Waggott on attendances, failed Josh Maja transfer and Tony Mowbray future - LancsLive

For those who may be struggling to hear the audio ..the transcribed interview in full.

For those who can't be arsed to read:

None of it is his fault and the future is grim. 

The fact he wouldn't call not getting a striker in a failure makes me wonder how he can look at himself in the mirror. That's exactly what it is. 

Also with regards to prices and attendances he couldn't have said "I don't give a shot" more clearly if he had used those words. Also it's not 1500 down you clown it's about double our season tickets pre venkys, minimum. Good Lord we have no ambition or idea. 

The future is hugely worrying for Rovers. We could not have more incompetence at the helm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

FOW.

This is down to Venkys arbitro and Venkys alone.

Nobody can sell training grounds without the owners approval, nobody can sack managers and CEO’s without the owners approval and nobody can sell players without owners approval.

Nothing goes on at this club without owners approval despite what posters on here would have us believe. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I understand they are aware of all that. Why given those circumstances Mowbray and Waggott are still in employment is a bit of a head scratcher.

Are you the only man aside from Pasha that has a line into Pune?

That’s a big statement Rev?

Edited by Gav