BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's interview with media

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2022/23 kits designs have been finalised already 

Hopefully a return to our quartered shirts.

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not sure why anyone didn’t notice his dry mouth syndrome! Under pressure and lying🤬

I noticed his dry mouth and wondered why he didn't have a glass of water nearby.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

In my opinion of Waggot, it was a serious answer. If Waggot actually does anything to the benefit of the club, the fans or the team, instead of just giving promises, I will hold my hand up and say that he is improving. Until that happens I will be of the same opinion of Waggot.  

Go on, just for me, let me know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2022/23 kits designs have been finalised already 

They’ll be delayed, they need to find a new front of shirt sponsor before they can be launched.

It’s the 23/24 kits I’m worried about, this season and next seasons Rovers shirts where designed by Rovers staff after Macron suggested a completely blue home kit. Thankfully, the same team has done next years. After that, it could be anyone’s guess, as they’ve all resigned. 

He isn't a leader he isn't ambitious and he has no real clout he is just CEO in name and wages, a box ticker.

That's why virtually every answer starts with an excuse or spin he's only getting wheeled out once every 6 months now to gloss things over. There is a negative almost can't be arsed air to it all it's no wonder the whole club is as blaise as it seems, everything comes from the top.

All he's done there is passed the buck to his heads of depts, where does he think he's working Canary Wharf ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

They’ll be delayed, they need to find a new front of shirt sponsor before they can be launched.

It’s the 23/24 kits I’m worried about, this season and next seasons Rovers shirts where designed by Rovers staff after Macron suggested a completely blue home kit. Thankfully, the same team has done next years. After that, it could be anyone’s guess, as they’ve all resigned. 

Let's hope we get a new deal with the Aussie company Recoverite again for extension. Don't want any more better companies. 

Well let's hope the 2022/23 shirts are just as good as this season 3 shirts. 

Credit to Andy Bayes, he didnt hold back on the questions, and put across quite a bit of some supporter frustrations. Only at the end of the interview did we get around to the clubs decent start to the season, which meant it was not an Keanesque interview where the victory parade was being spouted.

Clear points to me were,

1. Those out of contract are more likely to leave than stay as the club has cut its clough and it does not stretch further. With those players in question possibly being moved on as early as January, that will make the new year very challenging given January is historically one hardest periods to sign players. If lots of points are not on the board by then, losing 3 or 4 key players could be curtains.

2. Seems the many handouts by rovers to the council, have backfired as the council opposed the training ground restructure. Typical councillors, will back the horse that suits their agenda. Was interesting during the protest days how some councillors publically supported the supporters, but soon disappeared when being wined, dined and lavished with cash gifts from the clubs owners.

3. Its a good job the interview was done on a chair and not a bed, as he couldnt lie straight in it. He took zero responsibility for not getting a striker in, and used the medical cop out. We should not have left it until the final day of the window, we put all eggs in one basket and came up very short.

4. Not taking up the loan quota made sense, and probably one of the clubs wiser moves. If we stop our own players coming through,  eventually we end up with no assets to sell, and embark on further financial restraints/decline.

5. Its clear they have been told to cut cost, and the lack of supporters is a massive worry. However this is 10 years in the making, not the last 12 months. We had a steep decline when Jack died, but a bigger one since the venkys came and tore the heart out of the club.

6. As a proud blackburner, i'd dearly love someone in that boardroom who is local, who can relate to the town and its heritage. Talking with a northern accent would help. To Waggott its a job, a well paid one at that, but he is so out of touch what a working class town football club is, its unreal.

7. It was interesting that Waggott's understanding of supporter concerns were more about buying a shirt and a pint, this needs to change. His other understanding was affordability. We did not lose circa 10000 supporters through affordability and the attendances have been on a steep decline since they appointed that idiot Kean, and dismantled the clubs infrastructure. Blaming covid, is just delusional and easy. Yes i'm sure a few people's circumstances have changed significantly due to the pandemic, but thats the same at every club and some clubs are getting more supporters on than before the pandemic. 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The question has been asked before but once again can anybody name one thing that has improved at Rovers during Swags tenure?

Nuff said.

Can anybody name one thing that has improved under Venkys tenure?

They appoint these people (Shaw, Agnew, Singh and Waggot)? 

• Like 4

Couldn't believe my eyes when I read Waggott's latest offering in the LT about the soon to be out of contract players.

Making the Club out to be the good guys who've done all they can and insinuating the players are holding the Club to ransom should ensure none of them sign.

Well done. Stroke of genius.

Almost like he's done it deliberately to spite the Club knowing he's on his way out.

• Like 2

Sounds really unlikely that we are gonna get these contracts signed, the club has thrown away loads of revenue now on players like Lenihan, BB, Rothwell and Nyambe.

We might get a pittance as a development fee from a tribunal for some of them but it is mainly % profit of future sales, after 50 goals or some other daft measure. I don't think any of them will go on to bigger and better things meaning we lose millions on what we could have sold them for this summer.

Shambolic administration of the club, these lads should have all been sold for cash this summer if they wouldn't sign. The squad for next season could be paper thin if it isn't already!

• Like 1

What gets me most is that he has no solutions to the problems he's acknowledged. Other than selling half of Brockall of course.

Which is like selling the wheels of your car to pay for petrol.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The traffic round Ewood?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You are absolutely correct and that has been said many times by many people on various threads but I was trying to keep this about Waggott.

Mowbray runs the football ops Waggot does as he's told that much is obvious.

Aside from that with nobody else telling him what to do other than the finance people he doesn't appear to have a clue. 

A down grader whop only knows one thing and that is to put the squeeze on everything and push it as far as he can regardless of who it upsets. 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

They can find money easily enough to spend/waste on pointless loanees and contract extensions for Mulgrew et al.

But it's supposedly a problem to stretch contract offers to ensure we retain our best talent.

Farce.

Not to mention their own incoming contracts

Frustrating as hell.

What sort of level of communication was there with these players agents over the summer, if there was any interest (and it was looking fairly likely they would not sign an extension here) they should have been sold then.

This whole line that the money is not there is just ridiculous. Are we led to believe a contract offer to Nymabe or Rothwell will break the wage structure? They cant be on that much and I am assuming the likes of Gallagher and Dack (and possibly Ayala) are on around 15k (again pure guesswork on my part that)?

If it really comes down to money, then it comes back to their ridiculous decisions of handing out contracts to players who did zero the last few years. Like what was the purpose of bringing back Downing last year, knowing we had more than enough players in midfield. Could that wage salary not have gone to any of these players to get them signed up earlier.

Its a total shambles from a top to bottom, with zero accountability.

Edited by Irish_Rover
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's hope we get a new deal with the Aussie company Recoverite again for extension. Don't want any more better companies. 

Well let's hope the 2022/23 shirts are just as good as this season 3 shirts. 

Why would you not want a better company? We need all the cash we can get, plus if their a better company they will have a higher profile and that helps Rovers.