BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Which are the two in La Liga? Madrid and presumably reigning champions Atletico? But then they're way down in 5th this year. Sevilla and Betis in the top 4 is also good to see.

Italy's got the best title race out of the top leagues and Juve - presumably one of your two - were miles away last year.

Bundesliga correct. Ligue Un too (Lille winning last season was great, but an anomaly).

But in general the title race is a 2 team league in Spain. Juventus and inter usually win it in Italy.  In England it's been Chelsea City Liverpool Leicester over the past few years but u are right it is an anomaly 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

And it really is that simple. We have plenty of games to play - including against those around us - however we need to pick up wins somewhere. It remains very firmly in our hands and that is literally all you can ask for. It is interesting that we have 3 points from our last three games, which is all I expected. The trouble is we would have been better served by getting those three in the Watford game and losing against Arsenal and United. Still a lot of football to be played. butiIf I'm honest I do struggle to see us getting out of the bottom three. I exepct us to scrap to the very last kick though.

Same for you guys, a lot of games still to go - plus even if you do slip out of the top 2 with QPR and Bournemouth on your heels with games in hand, you have the chance to go up through the play offs.

I told you Utd are nothing to fear these days. If Boro can beat them any Prem team should be able to. I can’t see anything changing in the short to medium term either. They are a real mess. Loads of very expensive players bought by several managers without any idea as to a workable formation. They just wait for one or two of their stars to have a blinder. If that doesn’t happen they’re snookered.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I told you Utd are nothing to fear these days. If Boro can beat them any Prem team should be able to. I can’t see anything changing in the short to medium term either. They are a real mess. Loads of very expensive players bought by several managers without any idea as to a workable formation. They just wait for one or two of their stars to have a blinder. If that doesn’t happen they’re snookered.

To be fair Sancho and Shaw caused us no end of problems in the first half, various prima donnas had good individual spells and the second goal that was ruled out was on the soft side but you are right, a whole host of egos on the display last night. I’m not sure how United play, or want to play. To some degree it’s reminiscent of the last days of the ‘galcticos’ at Real. Quite a clear out needed and they need a manager with a vision who is allowed to keep those that fit his ideas, bring in new and clear out any that don’t fit.

14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

To be fair Sancho and Shaw caused us no end of problems in the first half, various prima donnas had good individual spells and the second goal that was ruled out was on the soft side but you are right, a whole host of egos on the display last night. I’m not sure how United play, or want to play. To some degree it’s reminiscent of the last days of the ‘galcticos’ at Real. Quite a clear out needed and they need a manager with a vision who is allowed to keep those that fit his ideas, bring in new and clear out any that don’t fit.

I can’t see anybody out there capable of solving the problem either. They’ve grown out of control.

• Like 1

I'm amazed that Dyche can have Burnley competing with a central midfield of Westwood and Brownhill. There's barely a goal in either of them, in this formation, as good as other aspects of their game are. Whatever anyone might say about the playing style, it puts a lot of managers and players to shame.

Edit: Re AllRoverAsia's comments about Man U, below - I agree, it is a surprise that they're still in Champions League contention. I think it might be because the league is stronger as a whole and everyone's taking points off one another (aside from, maybe, top two). I also believe that managers and players are caving to the immense pressure that is being created by huge transfer spending and expectations - eg. perhaps, Leicester and Everton.

Edited by riverholmes

Ralph Hasenhuttl on Utd : "It is not a big secret that when they lose the ball that the reverse gears are not the best from everybody."

I watched all of that game just wishing for a Soton win. Ronaldo may as well have not played, Fernandez can't shut up and I would hate to have Maguire as one of our CBs.

Pogba was decent though.

What an odd league the PL is that they are still in with a chance of Europe.

Football is bent out of shape.

10 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I'm amazed that Dyche can have Burnley competing with a central midfield of Westwood and Brownhill. There's barely a goal in either of them, in this formation, as good as other aspects of their game are. Whatever anyone might say about the playing style, it puts a lot of managers and players to shame.

About time someone took a punt on dyche. Just not sure who in a way the prem needs a Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, ourselves.

As much as I want Burnley to go down and as bad as they are in the prem if they keep dyche and the likes of pope, tarkowski, the Dutch lad they’ll walk the championship. Plus should have far too much for rovers which will be a couple of depressing weekends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ralph Hasenhuttl on Utd : "It is not a big secret that when they lose the ball that the reverse gears are not the best from everybody."

I watched all of that game just wishing for a Soton win. Ronaldo may as well have not played, Fernandez can't shut up and I would hate to have Maguire as one of our CBs.

Pogba was decent though.

What an odd league the PL is that they are still in with a chance of Europe.

Football is bent out of shape.

a side full of ego`s,utd need a mass clearout,which won`t happen until they get a decent ceo who gives the manager lots of time to sort it,not that im`e bothered,absolutely loving their mediocrity and the gap between theirselves,city,utd and chelsea,it`s a chasm the size of the grand canyon😂

While they obviously had a difficult game today, you have to say it’s really starting to look difficult for our neighbours to recover from this position. And for all those who say “They’ll be too strong for us/they will walk the championship next season” etc. I’m not so sure about that.

Jelly and ice cream in April or May, I would say 😂✊🏻💙🤍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

3930BC59-ACAE-4D05-B25F-D177A11830A1.thumb.png.7591d14d3c56e3ad8b1ea05f6d4c3875.png

Thats Burnley sorted now. Surely. Only problem is I think they’re still streets ahead of rovers and next season may bring some derby day misery. 

I don't see Burnley making up a 7 point gap tbh given that they've only won one game in over half a season.

That whole bottom 3 are in real danger of being cast adrift.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't see Burnley making up a 7 point gap tbh given that they've only won one game in over half a season.

That whole bottom 3 are in real danger of being cast adrift.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Most telling for me is that Burnley could win their games in hand and still be in the bottom three. Psychologically that is a hammer blow.

It isn't true that if we were to win our games in hand we'd be bottom three - we would go above Watford, Norwich and Brentford. That said the simple reality is this, we probably need to win 8 from 17 having only won 1 from 21. So whilst still in our hands it is going to take something that just doesn't seem at all likely - we simply don't really look like scoring. We won't lose many but also won't win many either.

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It isn't true that if we were to win our games in hand we'd be bottom three - we would go above Watford, Norwich and Brentford. That said the simple reality is this, we probably need to win 8 from 17 having only won 1 from 21. So whilst still in our hands it is going to take something that just doesn't seem at all likely - we simply don't really look like scoring. We won't lose many but also won't win many either.

You're going to lose a lot of games 1-0. So are we.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Whats Weghorst looking like?

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, a team that can’t score is going to be in trouble eventually, as we are finding out currently.

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

You're going to lose a lot of games 1-0. So are we.

Ah but you are at the right end of the table at least - plus you have scored in spells this season, something we haven't done.

33 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

You are correct about Brentford - I didn't look that far up the table 😁. To go above them though you would have to win at least three of your games in hand. Pretty Herculean when you consider how many you have won so far..........

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats Weghorst looking like?

Actually looks good so far, the classic good feet for a big man. Seems to have decent football intelligence, has a decent strike on him, links well with midfield and strike partners etc. Trouble is McNeil isn't creating anything, Cornet looks off the pace since coming back and the centre mids do a decent holding and break up job but don't really create.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You are correct about Brentford - I didn't look that far up the table 😁. To go above them though you would have to win at least three of your games in hand. Pretty Herculean when you consider how many you have won so far..........

Agreed - 1 in 21 tells its own tale. We are relying on some sort of form about face where we suddenly start scoring regularly. Impossible? No but likely ... hardly.

Mind you we do still have to play Everton, Brentford, Watford, Leeds, Newcastle and Norwich so it remains "in our hands". It really is the hope the kills you.

Edited by longsiders1882
to add about some remaining fixtures
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Teams like us and Burnley eventually have a season when they get caught out.  It was / is just a matter of time before they get relegated.  

There's little joy in this scenario.

Keeping Dyche will then be the issue.

They had a very good run at it and will be well placed to bounce back with their squad , particularly if they keep Dyche