BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

13 hours ago, den said:

The level of football at the city/ pool game today was at a level unseen in this country. City are so good, they truly are frightening opponents.

Even though they are flaunting the FFP rules to a massive extent.

Can't help comparing it to the level of football at the Everton - Manu game! Chalk and cheese!

Everton at least had passion but little skill whereas United offered nothing. They had a Top 4  place to play for and they were absolutely woeful. 

Several players there valued individually at multiple times the value of our entire squad and, on that showing, I wouldn't want any of them!

Something very wrong there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve just seen the one Cornet missed today. That’s what happens when left footers get a ball on their right foot.

The dingles created very little in the game. Cornet and Weghorst looked very poor in the game. 

The players never got playing like the Everton game which I think is very strange. Surprised Dyche didn't have them at the races 

16 hours ago, booth said:

Dyche out doing the rounds tonight.

doesn't surprised that has I heard Dyche out or should be sack in the pub over Christmas time from Burnley ST holders

22 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Very dangerous game for Burnley , if they get rid of Dyche ...

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The dingles created very little in the game. Cornet and Weghorst looked very poor in the game. 

The players never got playing like the Everton game which I think is very strange. Surprised Dyche didn't have them at the races 

doesn't surprised that has I heard Dyche out or should be sack in the pub over Christmas time from Burnley ST holders

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sacking Dyche would be idiocy of the highest order. Please do it Burnley.

Some fans have delusions of grandeur. Frankly we will be lucky if Dyche is willing to stay, no one I’d rather see rebuild in summer.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2022 at 21:10, longsiders1882 said:

Some fans have delusions of grandeur. Frankly we will be lucky if Dyche is willing to stay, no one I’d rather see rebuild in summer.

I guess some fans think its time for change of manager as maybe Dyche and his have been found out and gone stale for some fans of the club. 

I think he will walk away in the summer if you go down. 

It is massive rebuilding job for whoever the next manager is or For Dyche. 

I seen you have been linked with our Captain Lenihan today

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess some fans think its time for change of manager as maybe Dyche and his have been found out and gone stale for some fans of the club. 

The sensible thing to do if that is the case is let dyche continue next season and evaluate at Xmas . I’m pretty confident he could get them back up first time of asking and then if it isn’t working in the prem , make a change .
It’s more of a gamble changing now than giving him six months in the championship.

I hope they do get rid because it will be the biggest mistake in hindsight since big Sam left here and I was happy to see him go…. If only I had a time machine 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The sensible thing to do if that is the case is let dyche continue next season and evaluate at Xmas . I’m pretty confident he could get them back up first time of asking and then if it isn’t working in the prem , make a change .
It’s more of a gamble changing now than giving him six months in the championship.

I hope they do get rid because it will be the biggest mistake in hindsight since big Sam left here and I was happy to see him go…. If only I had a time machine 

Alot will depends on finances there in the summer available to spend and what the squad look like but looks like massive overhaul is needed. 

The biggest mistake was the lack of quality replacement to replace Big Sam

Watching the performances of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall for Leicester is a reminder, in my opinion, of the lack of fair opportunity given to youth players. He's made his breakthrough season at the age of 23, this year, having been on the fringes and on loan. That's far too late for someone of his talent, even though Leicester have a very impressive squad. He's surely a far superior player to Ayoze Perez, who was signed for £30m from Newcastle and arguably already more than comparable to £16m Dennis Praet. Some will argue that he wasn't ready before and I can't argue, having not watched him play much before, but clearly there is a general bias to the 'ready-made' signing.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alot will depends on finances there in the summer available to spend and what the squad look like but looks like massive overhaul is needed. 

The biggest mistake was the lack of quality replacement to replace Big Sam

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

What a weird time to sack him. That’s a full panic move from owners staring into the abyss, trying to service a mountain of debt with massively reduced income. You love to see it 😂

Really weird timing - all his staff gone as well. Some club is about to get themselves a top top manager. I’m more than a bit gutted.

Just now, RTM08 said:

Wow

I just checked the date to see if tis April 1st. That is sheer lunacy and makes our owners decision to sack Allardyce almost rational. I wonder if they would be interested in Mowbray? 😂😂😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Really weird timing - all his staff gone as well. Some club is about to get themselves a top top manager. I’m more than a bit gutted.

I'm not surprised by the sacking but surprised by the timing given that the right time was Monday or Tuesday not Friday, Don't you play on Sunday? 

Shows that Burnley owners are in full on panic mode. 

Who would you want to replace him? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not surprised by the sacking but surprised by the timing given that the right time was Monday or Tuesday not Friday, Don't you play on Sunday? 

Not got a clue - people will suggest obvious ex player targets like Duff etc but I just don’t know enough about managers out there who are available etc - it’s a huge rebuild to be done though. Apparently the Under 23 coach and Mee in charge for Sunday 

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not got a clue - people will suggest obvious ex player targets like Duff etc but I just don’t know enough about managers out there who are available etc - it’s a huge rebuild to be done though. Apparently the Under 23 coach and Mee in charge for Sunday 

That’s as a big a gamble as I can recall any club making so late in the day. Mee is highly thought of as a leader. If it works out it’s a master stroke. If it fails …..

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s as a big a gamble as I can recall any club making so late in the day. Mee is highly thought of as a leader. If it works out it’s a master stroke. If it fails …..

Love Mee but no management experience at all. 

Dyche and his staff have over 3 years on their contracts - Dyche rumoured to be on 4 million a year! So not only a massive gamble but an expensive one.

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Given the timing I would suspect you are advance talks with someone who is coming in after the West Ham and thats why Dyche has gone. Who that person Is I don't know. 

Would you be happy with Allardyce if he was appoint? 

I don't see an obvious candidate for you

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Love Mee but no management experience at all. 

Dyche and his staff have over 3 years on their contracts - Dyche rumoured to be on 4 million a year! So not only a massive gamble but an expensive one.

Hand on heart did you really think Dyche was taking the club down ? In my opinion the fat lady was warming up but she wasn’t ready to start singing yet. Relegation wasn’t cut and dried by any means although it wasn’t looking good. If he was taking the club down shouldn’t the owners have done something to try and prevent that ?

Have they already given up and are looking to next season with a younger more “ entertainment “ orientated manager and having a real go at getting straight back up playing high scoring football ?

All in all I would imagine it’s up there with selling Jimmy Mac as far as Burnley fans are concerned.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hand on heart did you really think Dyche was taking the club down ? In my opinion the fat lady was warming up but she wasn’t ready to start singing yet. Relegation wasn’t cut and dried by any means although it wasn’t looking good. If he was taking the club down shouldn’t the owners have done something to try and prevent that ?

Have they already given up and are looking to next season with a younger more “ entertainment “ orientated manager and a real go at getting straight back up playing high scoring football ?

I don't think the current owners can given up the PL status given the massive football financially impact on the club! 

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not surprised by the sacking? 
He’s been there ten years and completely transformed the club.

There haven’t been any whispers or rumours about it at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Given the timing I would suspect you are advance talks with someone who is coming in after the West Ham and thats why Dyche has gone. Who that person Is I don't know. 

Would you be happy with Allardyce if he was appoint? 

I don't see an obvious candidate for you

Historically I’d have been happy with big Sam but feels like he’s been away a while - does he still have the hunger? 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have they already given up and are looking to next season with a younger more “ entertainment “ orientated manager and having a real go at getting straight back up playing high scoring football ?

All in all I would imagine it’s up there with selling Jimmy Mac as far as Burnley fans are concerned.

Yes I think we are down - but years of under investment in the squad are what has come back to haunt us. I think the board believe they can still stay up - which of course technically we can but realistically?  Personally I’d have given him next season at least but I don’t make the calls - and some fans definitely wanted him gone.

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The lack of whispers makes me wonder if there has been a massive behind the scenes falling out? He’s done enough for the club to have been given another season to bring us up.

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Historically I’d have been happy with big Sam but feels like he’s been away a while - does he still have the hunger? 

Yes I think we are down - but years of under investment in the squad are what has come back to haunt us. I think the board believe they can still stay up - which of course technically we can but realistically?  Personally I’d have given him next season at least but I don’t make the calls - and some fans definitely wanted him gone.

The lack of whispers makes me wonder if there has been a massive behind the scenes falling out? He’s done enough for the club to have been given another season to bring us up.

That's a good point about Allardyce. I am expecting an wide left appointment possibly foreign. 

A falling out wouldn't surprised but I think its more to do with the financially impact of relegation and the current owners knowing it would be melt down possible. 

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

No The sacking doesn't surprised for a number of reasons, one the financially impact on relegation on the ownership and club, two the results of the season, three the lack of performance of the Norwich away game. 

Like I said previously, I was talking to some Burnley fans at Christmas time who wanted him gone and felt a change was needed if they were going to stay up and felt the situation had gone stale.