BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Well, both of those things are just lies.

There are plenty of people with difference views that post regularly. New posters of all views are welcome and always have been, in fact it’s something that is encouraged.

What isn’t encouraged is simply slagging off everyone for having a different opinion, which is what you yourself are doing, and are also criticising posters on here for doing?

Why spend any time somewhere that you clearly don’t like?

If you can't tolerate people having views different from yourself then your own probably isn't worth much

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Oh what a surprise. Someone appears on BRFCS and offers an opinion which doesn't fit in, and the trolling card comes out.

The self-importance on here is mind blowing. Once again the site regulars are tut-tutting the Twitter responses to the recent banner stunt - but once again the content from Twitter had to be pasted in to this forum. 

Normal, mainstream Rovers fans that I speak to think that this place is the lunatic fringe, and I can see why. Alternative opinions not tolerated, new posters unwelcome.

That double poll to sack Mowbray and Waggott that someone started on here the day after the 7-0 Fulham disaster - it's struggled to 120 votes in 10 days 😂

And If ypu really think I or anybody else wants to see the back of Mowbray and his cronies due to just one embarrassingly awful display and result then that really just shows how out of touch with things you are. that loss was just the final final final straw after he's already been given at least half a dozen chances to prove his worth and ambition over the last few years. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

It is fair comment and I share the posters concerns.  Share an alternative opinion on here and wait for the ‘mob’ to try and close you down and hound you out.

No hounding or closing out but would you like to try and explain why you think TM is doing a good job? 

In school we call it justifying opinions and encourage students to do so. To back up their points of view. Would be interested in the evidence of why TM is a good manager. 

• Moderation Lead
47 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

It is fair comment and I share the posters concerns.  Share an alternative opinion on here and wait for the ‘mob’ to try and close you down and hound you out.

That’s literally only ever happened in your head.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

If we think Rovers are in a mess compare them to Derby County, now they are well and truly fooked

I saw the further 9 point deduction earlier and winced for them.

Just like us if the same happened, the fans will be left to pick up the pieces, of their failed owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

If we think Rovers are in a mess compare them to Derby County, now they are well and truly fooked

I disagree, Derby County can start to repair the damage done to the football club and that road starts right now.

I believe we will suffer the same fate at some point in the not to distant future, but until that day comes we can't start that recovery and we sleepwalk into more debt, into more damage to the brand, until we are cast aside for the next shiny object on Balaji's bucket list.

Venkys Out.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Gav said:

I believe we will suffer the same fate at some point in the not to distant future, but until that day comes we can't start that recovery and we sleepwalk into more debt, into more damage to the brand, until we are cast aside for the next shiny object on Balaji's bucket list.

Gav, I think you need to start coming to terms with the fact that the owners have no intention whatsoever of going anywhere for the foreseeable future and that therefore from a financial point of view we definitely will not suffer the same fate as Derby County.

You may see that as a negative. I see it very much as a positive. 

The financial support will however continue to go to waste until they get the right manager in and the right people to run the Club on the ground and the right advice from all quarters that should be the focus of everyone's efforts imo.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

There are plenty of posters with alternative opinions that are still here. The ICBINF section is particularly good evidence of that, it can get REALLY tetchy. The only people 'hounded out' are trolls.

Notable (again) that you don't often post other than to decry that you can't post an alternative opinion.

Have you actually TRIED an alternative opinion?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Gav, I think you need to start coming to terms with the fact that the owners have no intention whatsoever of going anywhere for the foreseeable future and that therefore from a financial point of view we definitely will not suffer the same fate as Derby County.

You may see that as a negative. I see it very much as a positive. 

The financial support will however continue to go to waste until they get the right manager in and the right people to run the Club on the ground and the right advice from all quarters that should be the focus of everyone's efforts imo.

That would be treating the symptoms rather than the root cause.

I am not sure how we could possibly influence that really anyway. Even if we could force the manager or even Waggott out, and bare in mind that even Kean left of his own accord, that would be a decision made under duress from the owners and would be unlikely to suddenly provoke a sudden inheritance of sense.

Did you say they have 2 more years to convince you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At best.

I'd expect to see significant changes at the end of this season and things moving very much in the right direction by the end of next.

Do you expect it or is it more hope at this stage?

Also, regarding your repeated assertion that Mowbray has caused any issues with FFP because of what he has spent. If you gave me 10k if I asked for it to help me and then had your house repossessed after failing to pay bills as a result. Would you blame me or yourself?

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you expect it or is it more hope at this stage?

Also, regarding your repeated assertion that Mowbray has caused any issues with FFP because of what he has spent. If you gave me 10k if I asked for it to help me and then had your house repossessed after failing to pay bills as a result. Would you blame me or yourself?

1st one,  it's hope, obviously can't guarantee anything will happen but it's not blind optimism, it's based on specific information.

2nd one, is not an accurate comparison. Venky's do have the money to pay the bills and "avoid the house from being repossessed".

They also however pay Waggott and Mowbray a princely sum to ensure the budget is managed in a proper way and we do not fall foul of any relevant regulations.

If you were to say they should have kept a much closer eye on it and nipped things in the bud a lot earlier I'd say that was fair comment.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

It seems it’s from inside the club. I have heard this a few times now from different sources, one of whom I have big trust in. Fingers crossed.

What is the information? Or what about? I dont get what possibly could be said that causes sudden optimism that everything is going to change from the owners.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is the information? Or what about? I dont get what possibly could be said that causes sudden optimism that everything is going to change from the owners.

Two posters in here, know a lot more than me, but a possible change of direction and leadership, along with involvement from people who have a bigger connection with the club. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hopefully it doesn't involve Tony Mowbray or Steve Waggott though!

So after 12 odd years, they're going to bring in a real chief executive and manager and back them properly? Well, what's the right expression, I smell bullshit. I'm not calling you a liar Rev but we've heard it all before and who knows who the originator of the info is. Even if it came straight from madames mouth to my own face,
I'd still believe she was lying.

• Like 5

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I fkin hate lame gossipy garbage like this. 

Put up or shut up. 

I would put up if I could, but I genuinely have no first hand information.

The two guys involved on here know, but I think they need to be given permission, to reveal it, when the time is right. I am sure they will confirm this bit, as I am not certain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At best.

I'd expect to see significant changes at the end of this season and things moving very much in the right direction by the end of next.

You said that to me in 2012, then again in 2015, it’s embarrassing to be frank.

These new constructive talks and nobody knew about the training ground being moved off the balance sheet? 

Posters on this board are not stupid, but you’re treating them as such…