BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

21 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think some people have forgotten what went on. In some quarters, the reappearance of some fan made banners, has gone down badly, particularly on Twitter. People seem to have swallowed the badly advised line. 
Certain people have torn the heart out of our club. The FA were given plenty of evidence to support wrong doing at the club and as the banner stated, the FA allowed us to die, by doing FA about it.

I speed read some of Glen Mullans blog this weekend to remind myself of some of it and I am aware of more than most.

The people at Kentaro and Crescendo we’re far too cosy with the FA for them to want to investigate. 
Serious things have come out recently, about the people at the very top of world football and although plenty were happy to cover these up to, we are now seeing what has gone on.

Far too many greedy people have got away with far too much, but I believe, it will eventually come out.

In the meantime, for those who want to swallow the badly advised line, carry on, as I for one, never have and never will trust these owners,

I know people have a need to move on, but I must confess I do get irritated, when others attempt to re-write history. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I know people have a need to move on, but I must confess I do get irritated, when others attempt to re-write history. 

Exactly as was demonstrated last week with the Sky facilitated interview of our former manager, who was one again, trotting out, how he was victimised. I don’t think many Rovers fans have much sympathy for him, yet the people who allowed it to happen, seem to be off the hook.

No a lot of our lot like to preach to other fans about getting behind the lads ffs, how great Mowbray is and how we ought to prostrate to Vs.  All whilst not or hardly managing to get to Ewood themselves  (sooperfans excluded of course)

Doesn't matter if you go or not you must not find fault with anything and heap praise on at all times.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FortressEwood said:

Hysterical rubbish.

We are just outside the play offs with a young team, a good number of whom are from our own academy.

Get behind the lads instead of constantly moaning on here.

Facebook or Twitter may be more your level my friend...get behind 't lads!🙄

You'll be in good company as most on there also seem oblivious or just plain ignorant to what has gone on behind the scenes at this Club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You do know that you can ‘moan’ about the club on brfcs, to your dad, to your pals, in your house, in the pub, at the office…

and still get ‘behind the lads’ at Ewood or away from home, crazy ay!

I guess some are voting with their feet, but I will always want to support BRFC on the pitch.

I hate what has gone on, but in the case of most players, they are helpless, just like the fans are, when it comes to past issues as well as current issues.

Personally I have to follow from afar, as I live abroad, but buy every game I can and still consider myself a big Rovers fan.

Of course, they are a fairly honest, hard working bunch of lads, some pretty young. They certainly need supporting at the grounds. 

But then they always do, yet that doesn’t mean the wider club, the executives, the owners etc should get a free pass too… ergo I never get the ‘just get behind the lads FFS’.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, they are a fairly honest, hard working bunch of lads, some pretty young. They certainly need supporting at the grounds. 

But then they always do, yet that doesn’t mean the wider club, the executives, the owners etc should get a free pass too… ergo I never get the ‘just get behind the lads FFS’.

If people did follow that track, then there would be even more destruction at our clubs. Just look down the road at Blackpool and what their fans achieved. Does any one on here, believe they should have ignored what was going on and just carried supporting the team regardless.

Although we are still saddled with our owners, what some people have done to bring it to the attention of the wider population, I applaud, as we would almost certainly be in an even worse position, had we also gone down the route of ignoring everything, bar the happenings on the pitch.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I’ll never understand why people think criticising players on the internet is equal to not supporting players at matches.

It’s the giant leap of all giant leaps, I’ll be honest.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And often it isn’t even the players getting grief online either - I.e if you slag  off Waggott or Bilaji Rao, you need to shut up and just ‘getting behind the lads’

🤷‍♂️

Sometimes in life, people need to be exposed, even when on the face of it, the appear to be doing things for the greater good, but in reality they have an agenda.

We have seen certain celebrities, jailed over the last few years for their miss demeanours, but should we have ignored what they did and just carry on being entertained by them?

• Like 4

On 14/11/2021 at 10:30, JHRover said:

I'm just curious why this is the only club in England that immediately goes bust the moment these wretched owners decide they've had enough.

I say that because countless football clubs have had financial difficulties, administration, changes in ownership over the years and those that have actually gone bust can be counted on one hand - Bury, Darlington, Chester.

The comparable clubs - Portsmouth, Leicester, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Southampton - all still going, have come through the bad times, still functioning. 

Why are we so different?

Rovers would need an owner with a lot of money and proper plan to get fans back within the ground quickly. 

But Rovers were struggling to be sold off by the Walker's family for years when we were PL club. So what proper interest would they been now and what would they bring to the table. 

On 14/11/2021 at 12:53, Mike E said:

Leicester won the league after Administration and League One too.

Former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric bought the club then before selling to the current owners who have been fantastic for the club, supporters and the local area. 

Also I don't see Venkys putting us in adminstration as they would get nothing back from the club. Plus  

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers would need an owner with a lot of money and proper plan to get fans back within the ground quickly. 

But Rovers were struggling to be sold off by the Walker's family for years when we were PL club. So what proper interest would they been now and what would they bring to the table. 

Former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric bought the club then before selling to the current owners who have been fantastic for the club, supporters and the local area. 

Also I don't see Venkys putting us in adminstration as they would get nothing back from the club. Plus  

In the years since we were sold to the Chicken Farmers the premier league money has sky rocketed and the world has changed a lot, Prem clubs and even some championship and league one clubs have been bought by groups from the USA, China, Russia and the Middle East. I agree we won’t be the most attractive proposition but there will be someone mad enough out there I believe if the Venkys can cut a decent deal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

In the years since we were sold to the Chicken Farmers the premier league money has sky rocketed and the world has changed a lot, Prem clubs and even some championship and league one clubs have been bought by groups from the USA, China, Russia and the Middle East. I agree we won’t be the most attractive proposition but there will be someone mad enough out there I believe if the Venkys can cut a decent deal. 

Yes alot of clubs have changed hands since then but we were very attractive club back then. 

Maybe Walkers family should have waited before selling us. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Since we were last in the PL the following clubs in the top 3 divisions have been taken over:

PL: Newcastle, Dingles, Leeds, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Villa (twice), Southampton, Crystal Palace

Championship: Derby (soon to be twice), Forest (twice), Birmingham, West Brom, Reading, Fulham, Swansea, Blackpool, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield United

League One: Bolton (twice), Wigan (twice), Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland (twice), Charlton (twice), Portsmouth, Oxford

Why wouldn't or couldn't we be taken over?

What would they bring to the table? Well some pride, brains, semblance of a plan would make a big difference to what we have at the moment,

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Since we were last in the PL the following clubs in the top 3 divisions have been taken over:

PL: Newcastle, Dingles, Leeds, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Villa (twice), Southampton, Crystal Palace

Championship: Derby (soon to be twice), Forest (twice), Birmingham, West Brom, Reading, Fulham, Swansea, Blackpool, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Sheffield United

League One: Bolton (twice), Wigan (twice), Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland (twice), Charlton (twice), Portsmouth, Oxford

Why wouldn't or couldn't we be taken over?

What would they bring to the table? Well some pride, brains, semblance of a plan would make a big difference to what we have at the moment,

Does it matter about other clubs? 

Its all depends on the price that Venkys want and who would be interest in buying the club then. 

All depends on their business background why are they buying Rovers? are they a Blackburn Rovers supporter? do they have the finance to fund the club from their own money and not borrowed money to buy the club like some takeovers are done?

Why does it at all matter whether any new owner supports us?! Did Abramovic support Chelsea as a kid?

I agree with what has been said regarding this constant comparison to Bury that has been repeated as nauseum and many who defend Venkys love to pull it out. Bury is a one off, specific example and not the guaranteed outcome if an owner is no longer willing to offset losses with share capital issues via other companies.

Under Venkys we spend more money than we bring in, people mention the money being "pumped in" as if it is anything other than a necessity. The 20m a year figure is often banded around too which is not accurate. But if they stop being willing to fund their self inflicted losses, then there may be a period of turbulence whilst the club is passed over perhaps to administration etc but it isnt terminal if that happens.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does it at all matter whether any new owner supports us?! Did Abramovic support Chelsea as a kid?

Jack Walker was a Rovers fan. Did you forget that?

I would like any new owner to have some connection to the club. But there is alot more I would know about his background, does he owned sports teams/clubs or has done in the past, financial background, how are funding the club? are they using their own money or borrowing it? plus alot more questions aswel

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

then there may be a period of turbulence whilst the club is passed over perhaps to administration etc but it isnt terminal if that happens.

why would Venkys put the club into administration when most of debt is owned to them plus they lose control of club which they wouldn't do. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jack Walker was a Rovers fan. Did you forget that?

I would like any new owner to have some connection to the club. But there is alot more I would know about his background, does he owned sports teams/clubs or has done in the past, financial background, how are funding the club? are they using their own money or borrowing it? plus alot more questions aswel

why would Venkys put the club when most of debt is owned to them plus they lose control of club which they wouldn't do. 

At some point, they may realise that the £20m the supposedly pump in each year, means the longer they stay, the more they pay and simply offload it, to stop the costs spiralling even more.

No one needs to be a genius to understand that they have lost money on the venture come what may, so it comes down to their appetite to lose even more I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

At some point, they may realise that the £20m the supposedly pump in each year, means the longer they stay, the more they pay and simply offload it, to stop the costs spiralling even more.

No one needs to be a genius to understand that they have lost money on the venture come what may, so it comes down to their appetite to lose even more I guess.

Maybe some day they will sell the club but they keep pumping the money in and I don't see them selling anytime soon since they recently bought the senior training ground. It appears they are happy to keep funding the club

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe some day they will sell the club but they keep pumping the money in and I don't see them selling anytime soon since they recently bought the senior training ground. It appears they are happy to keep funding the club

I can't make my min up, if buying the STC is a good or a bad thing, to be honest. 

It is strange how they carry on regardless though, but surely even they must have a cut off point?