BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

From the carrotts being dangled by some posters it appears that Venkys are going nowhere but there will be changes to the management stucture. Again hypothesising but the only assumption I can make is that Waggott and Mowbray will be amongst the ones to go. Now how ridiculous and unprofessional is it that this information has been passed on to supporters? If it's correct it's another example of how poor our owners are sums up the last eleven years.

Again I stress that these are my assumptions.

I read into it the same as you and do agree about how unprofessional that appears.

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

From the carrotts being dangled by some posters it appears that Venkys are going nowhere but there will be changes to the management stucture. Again hypothesising but the only assumption I can make is that Waggott and Mowbray will be amongst the ones to go. Now how ridiculous and unprofessional is it that this information has been passed on to supporters? If it's correct it's another example of how poor our owners are sums up the last eleven years.

Again I stress that these are my assumptions.

I have been thinking along these lines too but where would this information come from ? Surely Waggott will not be informing supporters of his own demise unless he is retiring by choice. If that is the case, who is to say Venky's will replace him with someone more suitable ? I don't think Lynsey Talbot would pass on this type of information even if she was aware of it.

If the assumptions are correct then has the info come from Suhail ? ( and as you say - very unprofessional )

If the assumptions are not correct then it is likely that the alleged changes will be minor or maybe just a change of manager.

I do believe that Rev and Roverite have had some information that they trust but it's very frustrating when tidbits are dangled with no supporting evidence while the really important happenings - like developing or selling the training ground - remain under wraps. 

Is it possibly a case of people being fed the 'Don't worry, we are looking into it and things will improve' type line often seen in the fans forum minutes ?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I have been thinking along these lines too but where would this information come from ? Surely Waggott will not be informing supporters of his own demise unless he is retiring by choice. If that is the case, who is to say Venky's will replace him with someone more suitable ? I don't think Lynsey Talbot would pass on this type of information even if she was aware of it.

If the assumptions are correct then has the info come from Suhail ? ( and as you say - very unprofessional )

If the assumptions are not correct then it is likely that the alleged changes will be minor or maybe just a change of manager.

I do believe that Rev and Roverite have had some information that they trust but it's very frustrating when tidbits are dangled with no supporting evidence while the really important happenings - like developing or selling the training ground - remain under wraps. 

Is it possibly a case of people being fed the 'Don't worry, we are looking into it and things will improve' type line often seen in the fans forum minutes ?

I honestly don’t believe the two posters you refer to, are being deliberately evasive. If anything, they are probably excited about being able to post some news, that they are hoping is a very positive step.

I understand their caution about saying too much, if they have been trusted, with as yet, inside information and sincerely hope from a number of angles, that what they are being told is genuine and achievable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I honestly don’t believe the two posters you refer to, are being deliberately evasive. If anything, they are probably excited about being able to post some news, that they are hoping is a very positive step.

I understand their caution about saying too much, if they have been trusted, with as yet, inside information and sincerely hope from a number of angles, that what they are being told is genuine and achievable.

You do wonder why said posters are adopting such an approach, when we are led to believe Waggott was telling anyone and everyone, in the Premier Suite after the game, that Mowbray was for the chop if he hadn't just beaten Sheff Utd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

You do wonder why said posters are adopting such an approach, when we are led to believe Waggott was telling anyone and everyone, in the Premier Suite after the game, that Mowbray was for the chop if he hadn't just beaten Sheff Utd.

I heard about that and you do yet again have to wonder.

I don't doubt that what Revidge and 1864 say about change is on the way believe to be true. At this moment, it could be. But and this is a very big BUT, any delay until the summer could have dire consequences. Look at past examples.

When Lambert left, everyone expected Warnock to be appointed only for Coyle to be appointed.

The continued silence from the owners only adds fuel to all three groups that Revidge refers. It is the silence is diversive. The silence gives credance to there is bad things a foot. It would be great to be party to Venky's vision for the club. It would also be helpful if decisive action would be taken rather than what appears to be the slow death of the club which this feels like.

In the past I have boycotted the matches but as I saw no change from the owners I cannot see the point anymore. I won't criticise any one who still boycotts for what they believe but I've read the blog again and I understand the cancer that was in the club but I may have missed any evidence that this still remains. If there is please may I see it even by DM. 

Finally for parties from both sides come on here to complain about other fans opinions without offering an alternative opinion is both pointless and to detriment of this forum.

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Surely if this is true, then this should be enough for the owners to follow basic Disciplarily measures and consider dismissing him for Gross Misconduct.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If a spent lightbulb at Ewood gets replaced it will be taken as a sign progress is being made.

Meanwhile I prefer Stephen King for any horror fiction reading.

After hearing that broken speaker behind the Blackburn End for a lot of the season, then yes any maintenance at Ewood would be progress.

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's good.

If that doesn't make people sit up and take notice and crack on, nothing will.

Was the banner actually placed there or is it a photoshopped picture?

If you look at the top edge of the banner, on all the times it appears, you can see hands holding it up, so I would suggest it is posed there temporarily whilst the photo is taken. I may be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

If it helps you I found about this sale way before I met with club officials and from a very close acquaintance where we have known each other for over 40 years. It is solely this reason alone why I never divulged anything about it to anyone, not even my closest friends, its called confidentiality and common decency. My friendship with that particular person is worth far more than letting slip anything we have spoken about where BRFC are concerned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was also reflecting today that the fanbase is fairly divided. I'd categorise it as follows.

The first group seems to be one which looks at the League table,  says "oh we're seventh this week" and doesn't really pay much attention to or indeed care what's happening down at the Club on a day to day basis. All this group are bothered about is going to the games and supporting the team on the pitch and having a good day out at the game be it home or away. This group are also likely to be of the viewpoint of "what can we expect, we're only a town team" and don't seem overly bothered whether we're successful or not. 

The second group (which I would belong to) think the last eleven years have been abysmal especially in light of the fact we have some of the wealthiest owners in football. That notwithstanding  this group prefer the pragmatic view that even at this stage if we were properly run on the ground we'd have a far greater chance of success with the owners financial backing as well than without it. A proportion of the supporters in this Category will nonetheless have probably  dropped off in the last couple of years thanks to the antics of Messrs Mowbray and Waggott.

The third group consists of fans who were so alienated by the early years that they feel we will never succeed with Venky's as our owners no matter what. This group are also seemingly unable to accept you can't change the past and won't accept that although it was "criminal" what went on at first In the sense that it shouldn't have been allowed to happen, nothing "criminal" happened at the Club in the sense of being against the law. The majority of this group probably boycotted at a relatively early stage of Venky's ownership after relegation from the Premier League.

Will any of the differing factions ever see eye to eye? The only thing I think that will come close to doing it is a period of sustained success on the pitch.

These groups that you have created culminating in group 3 are shaped around your own personal views on who is to blame. Venkys didn't make a few mistakes at first, learn from them and then run the club as normal with a vested interest ever since.

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

over his tenure he's got us into so much difficulty with FFP the owners had to give the Club  £16m for an asset they already owned to prevent the training facilities being sold for housing and also had to sell  sell Armstrong to avoid sanctions being imposed.

This is such a bizarre take on things. Mowbray threatens sustainability of club by spending the budget he was given by the owners.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If you look at the top edge of the banner, on all the times it appears, you can see hands holding it up, so I would suggest it is posed there temporarily whilst the photo is taken. I may be wrong.

You are probably right. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This is such a bizarre take on things. Mowbray threatens sustainability of club by spending the budget he was given by the owners.

It’s not like we haven’t been in this situation before, we were under embargo when Lambert joined, the buck stops with these inept owners, they hold the ferking purse strings.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These groups that you have created culminating in group 3 are shaped around your own personal views on who is to blame. Venkys didn't make a few mistakes at first, learn from them and then run the club as normal with a vested interest ever since.

That hits the nail firmly on the head. If the huge overspending happened once and they put measures in place to stop it happening again after the first time I could support Rev's view but this has happened in every year of their tenure. It's bizarre to blame anybody but them. If course Mowbray and the others played their part but the buck stops with them, the owners.

Or can we go back to the apologists default position - they were badly advised.

• Like 6

I have a feeling at some point that Dack was sold in someone’s calculations and his first injury, tore up the plans.

I could be wrong and obviously don’t want to make excuses for anyone and the old adage of hatched chickens comes into play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I have a feeling at some point that Dack was sold in someone’s calculations and his first injury, tore up the plans.

I could be wrong and obviously don’t want to make excuses for anyone and the old adage of hatched chickens comes into play. 

I thought it was a common opinion on here at least he was off to West Brom before his first injury

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I thought it was a common opinion on here at least he was off to West Brom before his first injury

I did once post that and got shot down in flames. I do think that was correct though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If it helps you I found about this sale way before I met with club officials and from a very close acquaintance where we have known each other for over 40 years. It is solely this reason alone why I never divulged anything about it to anyone, not even my closest friends, its called confidentiality and common decency. My friendship with that particular person is worth far more than letting slip anything we have spoken about where BRFC are concerned.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that and fully agree with your approach to confidentiality and friendship.

I was really getting at is why the club never announced the sale of the training ground. Surely it would be only polite to let the fans know of such an important event rather than it be uncovered as it was. As you mention, you found out from a friend but did the club officials freely offer you this information in your meetings I wonder? Why would they not be open about such things ?

• Like 2

On 15/11/2021 at 16:22, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Make no mistake,a certain amount of blame does lay at the feet of the Walker Trust and Jack's offspring...they could not wait to get their hands on the Cash from what was virtually a fire sale.

Jack gifted them an inheritance but none had the vision or interest..they would have been rolling in it if they had kept at the helm with a cool Head just that bit longer.

They should have waited cos the PL money sufficiently went up just after we went down. Wonder if John Williams or the board recommend they shouldn't have sell and wait

On 15/11/2021 at 17:43, roversfan99 said:

Jack Walker was one in a million.

I never said that Venkys will put us into administration, I was merely pointing out that this myth that is often peddled by Venkys apologists that we would become like Bury without them is absolute horse shit.

I've never mentioned Bury once in posts as their situation was a very different one to ours. 

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Thanks for the reply. I understand that and fully agree with your approach to confidentiality and friendship.

I was really getting at is why the club never announced the sale of the training ground. Surely it would be only polite to let the fans know of such an important event rather than it be uncovered as it was. As you mention, you found out from a friend but did the club officials freely offer you this information in your meetings I wonder? Why would they not be open about such things ?

No they didn’t but to be fair I also didn’t mention it either (strategy based decision)!

The issue of communication is very high on my agenda in talks with the club and if I am honest they agree entirely that it is nothing short of awful for a number of years. I was assured that it is a priority for the club to greatly improve communication with supporters and I am keen to see just how their intentions make out in the coming weeks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Well if we hadn't sold the training ground to the owners we would have been breach of FFP rules and face penalties. 

Does you accept this @roversfan99that FFP is the reason why we didn't spend this past summer?