BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is though, a fully fit and on form Dack would start and offer us a whole new dimension offering a secondary regular goal threat. They will be good headaches to have.

This is probably a bit harsh but I don't see how Dack fits into the quick counter attacking side we are. From memory he used to slow play down too much and isn't quick, I think it could really unsettle things. I don't want to go back to everything trying to go through him and being one dimensional side again when goals are starting to come from everywhere now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'd take £35 to £40 million for BBD tomorrow, all day long, just like I think £16 million for Arma was a good deal for the club.

Mid January, if the majority of any proceeds were invested elsewhere in the appropriate place, I don't think it would change our promotion challenge at all, in fact it could enhance it!

It's about The Rovers, not Ben Brereton....I'd cash in now if the fee was right because I've watched him for 36 months and not just 6!

The timing is also crucial. 

Even if we were offered a ludicrous fee, do we have an equivalent replacement we know who would join us and is there time to get it done?

No point agreeing to a sale at 11.59 on January 31st.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

This is probably a bit harsh but I don't see how Dack fits into the quick counter attacking side we are. From memory he used to slow play down too much and isn't quick, I think it could really unsettle things. I don't want to go back to everything trying to go through him and being one dimensional side again when goals are starting to come from everywhere now. 

Very harsh to say Dack slowed down play. Don't agree with that. He isn't the quickest (quicker than he gets credit for though) but he is a quick thinker which compensates. You may be thinking of the need we used to have to lump it to Graham so he could knock it down for Dack, and then obviously Graham wasn't all that quick for playing a through ball etc back to. With different tactics and players around him I don't think he will slow play at all.

Unless his injuries have taken their toll, that is. But he won't be bursting in behind the lines with tons of pace like Khadra and Brereton...he should be able to play them in nicely though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

In regards to needing midfielders, I can see with Markanday coming in and Dack coming back that Buckley will be freed up to play in midfield. I think he's going to be a real player at centre mid - can tackle, pass, find space, run with the ball, good engine. Wouldn't be suprised if that's his normal role by end of season rotating with Rothwell and Travis.

Great post and what optimism. Exciting times to be a Rovers fan. Dack coming back I’d forgotten about - not sure where he fits but it’s a nice problem to have

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Just a thought, what about Jordan Rhodes playing off Bradley Dack with Khadra/Dolan/Markanday, Rothwell and Buckley in the attacking mix too?

Wouldn't be too bad if we'd banked £35 million plus for Big Ben too!

Rhodes isn't the same player he was here. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Neal said:

If we don't manage to do it this season, sign Van Hecke and Khadra on perm in the summer and we could have the best young side in the league. 

Our young lads against dad's army without Dyche would be truly a sight to behold. 

Might be di able, watched Brighton and Palace and the Albion fans seem very high on that short winger, name begins with L. May make Khadra surplus.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Just a thought, what about Jordan Rhodes playing off Bradley Dack with Khadra/Dolan/Markanday, Rothwell and Buckley in the attacking mix too?

Wouldn't be too bad if we'd banked £35 million plus for Big Ben too!

Anything like £30 mil plus and Diaz should be sold providing a third is reinvested.  He reminds me a bit of Kalinic.  He may develop more as he gets older and have 2 or 3 really good seasons throughout his career at a high level but that will be mixed with some pretty mediocre ones.  There is a fair chance this is one of his 3 😂.

Rhodes.  Just no. 

As for Dacky.  He's no slower/faster than Buckley - so could play that role.  For me though he needs to  spend the balance of the season coming off the bench.  Gradually build his confidence back whilst offering a proven goal threat.  Something we don't have much of on the bench.

• Like 2

Assuming Dack comes back to anywhere near his best we have a top player in this league. Imo he was top 3 in the division before his first injury. He’s also absolutely perfect for that false 9 position that Bucko fills and once in his stride, will assist the wide forwards and score more goals drifting into the box.

Buckley is now getting the plaudits that those who had a keen eye for a player, have known for years but he’s an 8 by trade. A CM who will now develop into the full package fighting Rothwell for a spot next to Travis. 

It’s a really nice squad shaping up now. With the addition of Deyo and from what @J*B said Markanday i am going to enjoy watching this team and see how this unfolds.

Expect a CM (maybe O’riley) and. CB in the next week or so…then a cheeky Maja bid on deadline day!? 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Assuming Dack comes back to anywhere near his best we have a top player in this league. Imo he was top 3 in the division before his first injury. He’s also absolutely perfect for that false 9 position that Bucko fills and once in his stride, will assist the wide forwards and score more goals drifting into the box.

Buckley is now getting the plaudits that those who had a keen eye for a player, have known for years but he’s an 8 by trade. A CM who will now develop into the full package fighting Rothwell for a spot next to Travis. 

It’s a really nice squad shaping up now. With the addition of Deyo and from what @J*B said Markanday i am going to enjoy watching this team and see how this unfolds.

Expect a CM (maybe O’riley) and. CB in the next week or so…then a cheeky Maja bid on deadline day!? 

I reckon Barnsley may feature in a signing for us.

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19849600.blackburn-rovers-make-move-tottenhams-dilan-markanday/?s=09

"Rovers are wanting to add more depth to their forward options this month and are looking at a move for a central striker."

Assuming this is in addition to the Spurs lad? Or is he a central striker? 

Seems a bit odd that we would bring in a central striker when Gallagher continues to get shunted wide. I figured the Spurs lad would play more in a "wide forward" role, freeing up Gallagher to play centrally.

If we are continuing with 3-5-2, and surely there is no reason to change it, there are now only 2 spots for BBD, Khadra, Gallagher, Dolan and this new lad.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19849600.blackburn-rovers-make-move-tottenhams-dilan-markanday/?s=09

"Rovers are wanting to add more depth to their forward options this month and are looking at a move for a central striker."

Seems a bit odd that we would bring in a central striker when Gallagher continues to get shunted wide. I figured the Spurs lad would play more in a "wide forward" role, freeing up Gallagher to play centrally.

If we are continuing with 3-5-2, and surely there is no reason to change it, there are now only 2 spots for BBD, Khadra, Gallagher, Dolan and this new lad.

Sounds like they are looking for an additional attacker. Potentially similar to Zeefuik deal , loan to buy 

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

And Butterworth.The club surely will have a loan move in the pipeline for him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Sounds like they are looking for an additional attacker. Potentially similar to Zeefuik deal , loan to buy 

Maja fits those criteria. Imagine he's still under consideration. 

One thing which has taken me by surprise if we do get Markandy over the line is that will be two first team additions secured relatively early in the window. I was expecting any incomings to be touch and go before the deadline.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

AND if Sharpe is to be believed, we then want another striker too! Gotta hope to God BBD is here until the summer at least. 

Butterworth will surely be out on loan. Hard to see Dolan getting much of a kick too.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

AND if Sharpe is to be believed, we then want another striker too! Gotta hope to God BBD is here until the summer at least. 

Butterworth will surely be out on loan. Hard to see Dolan getting much of a kick too.

I get the feeling Rovers are resigned to losing the contract rebels and are already in the process of replacing them with the players already signed and those still to arrive. 
Zeefuik obviously for Nyambe, this other striker for BBD, O’Riley potentially for Rothwell, Markandy for Khadra if he goes back to Brighton. If that’s the case then it’s really good forward thinking from the club and needs to be applauded.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I'd take £35 to £40 million for BBD tomorrow, all day long, just like I think £16 million for Arma was a good deal for the club.

Mid January, if the majority of any proceeds were invested elsewhere in the appropriate place, I don't think it would change our promotion challenge at all, in fact it could enhance it!

It's about The Rovers, not Ben Brereton....I'd cash in now if the fee was right because I've watched him for 36 months and not just 6!

I cannot believe anyone would even contemplate selling the clubs leading goal scorer in the middle of a promotion push, for any price! If we lose Brereton in January you can wave goodbye to promotion, even reinvesting some of the money brings no guarantees, look at the dingles with £25m burring a hole in the pocket with nobody to buy. 

These owners couldn't care less about the club losing money, they've had 10yrs to put it right and we still lose money hand over fist, the transfer fee is no good to us, we want promotion and this is the best opportunity we've had in 10yrs and it may never come again.

Selling Brereton......I need a lie down......

• Like 4

Would like to see another centre forward brought in whether that’s Maja or a.n.other as we are short in that area , centre midfield isnt too bad in terms of numbers but I am sure we can improve on  the choices of Johnson Davenport and Edun as back up 

Edited by AJW