BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

For what its worth I have no gripe with Rothwell. Can't really blame the lad if a Club is coming along offering him a game changing deal for him and his family. 

Sorry JHR but to let JR off the hook for wanting to go to a rival at this point is, in my opinion utter tripe.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TruRover said:

This isn’t on the club or the manager. This is purely on Rothwell. 

We are where we are at the moment due to our team spirit and resilience. Anyone who threatens that needs to go.

I just can’t understand how any human can not see what a big season this is for the club and the fans who have had nothing bar disappointments for the last decade  and actively go about messing that up. Money clearly talks. No loyalty.

Absolutely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Sorry JHR but to let JR off the hook for wanting to go to a rival at this point is, in my opinion utter tripe.

So in your view it would be unacceptable for a player to want to go to to a rival but OK for the Club to sell him to one?

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd say the exact opposite how can the manager even contemplate a sale to our nearest rivals for automatic promotion.

If he is doing so I refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid, I could only assume he's doing it to get back at the Club as they haven't offered him a new deal.

If it was Travis, rather than Rothwell, I would agree with you.

It all comes down to if / how Rothwell is replaced.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd say the exact opposite how can the manager even contemplate a sale to our nearest rivals for automatic promotion.

If he is doing so I refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid, I could only assume he's doing it to get back at the Club as they haven't offered him a new deal.

My point isn't about the specific individual, it is that the owners should not be interfering in such things. 

I can understand it both ways, it is risk and reward. You consider the risk of potentially helping a rival. You consider the potential of signing 2 players with money that won't exist if he runs his contract down, would those 2 potential deals leave us stronger or weaker this season? Long term, we have 2 players on long term deals that we again wouldn't have. What will his motivation be like, will his team mates get over it? So much to consider.

The last part of your post again shows that your agenda against Mowbray is clouding your judgement, if you genuinely think that he would purposely try to harm our promotion push as some sort of petty revenge against the fact that he hasn't got a new deal. Surely it is in his best interest to get promotion to then guarantee a new deal?

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or Mowbray thinks if we go up, he will be potted.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So in your view it would be unacceptable for a player to want to go to to a rival but OK for the Club to sell him to one?

That question fails to acknowledge the power footballers / agents have.

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Rule No 1: You don't sell one of your best players to one of your promotion rivals. You just don't

Rule No 2: see rule No 1

Even if Rothwell has burnt his bridges with the club I can't believe Rovers are contemplating this. 

If we sell him we've lost a player. If he rots in the U23s we've lost a player. If he's in the U23s we've no money to replace his position in the team. If he goes to Bournemouth we get funds to replace him but a rival benefits, his team mates team-spirit is shaken, the supporters and club are betrayed by a backstabbing SOAB.  He's got us all ends up. Rock. Hard place. I said it before and I'll say it again, Arsehole.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or Mowbray thinks if we go up, he will be potted.

This board don’t want to go, they’ll have to pay more in wages 🙄😂

(Blackburn Rovers 1979-1989)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree. He's not deliberately getting sent off and scoring own goals.

It's unsavory, but it's football - they're all commodities at the end of the day. He has no loyalty to the club and we have no loyalty to him - he's securing himself a pay rise. 

Obviously I hope he has a miserable time in Bournemouth, but it is what it is.

I never get this but it’s football. You are the person you are footballer, road sweeper, nurse. Everybody recognises moral responsibility and also how your decisions identify you as a person. So the idea that it’s football negates what is a decision that affects all the individuals around him is a very flawed argument.

I would personally never do what he is doing it shows a lack of moral fibre and a lot of  greed. Whatever measure he is trying to rationalise this on as a man he is a disgrace. He also probably knows it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nonsense.

The Club don't want the player to go anywhere this month he doesn't go.

End of.

You’d stick 3m in a blender and a player in the u23s then I guess! It’s no easy scenario or solution.

The cause is Super Snake Rothwell though, and nobody else 

• Like 4

Tin foil hat time. Mowbray signed Rothwell, is there a chance that he’s entitled to a percentage of the profit we make on players he signs? I don’t believe that’s a massively unusual set up in football and it would explain why he’s so keen to sell…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Tin foil hat time. Mowbray signed Rothwell, is there a chance that he’s entitled to a percentage of the profit we make on players he signs? I don’t believe that’s a massively unusual set up in football and it would explain why he’s so keen to sell…

What is with all of the conspiracy theories? Assuming that is true, surely a bigger bonus would come with promotion?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Think I will book the flights now for that Bournemouth game at home. It has a Newcastley feeling about it, ala 94/95. Perhaps it will be Diaz that rises like a salmon at the end the of the box this time.

Bring back Barry Endean for Bournemouth ,I think it was 73 !!!

• Like 1

If the player won't be 100% committed for the rest of the season.  Then he cant be in the team . May aswell sell and get some in who will be . 

Just going to promotion opposition hurts , but hopefully it will galvanise us even more .

• Like 1