BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Wonder if we could prise Lewis Dobbin away from Everton with a cheeky loan bid, looks like he's gonna sign a new contract which will rule a permanent out. Similar situation to Markanday, not getting much of a look in for the first team much to many fans annoyance.

21 minutes ago, booth said:

Two right backs and the other is out for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can/will act on it.

Watching Zeefuik the other night  got a feeling he could also do a fine job as a midfield enforcer a la Travis. Think he could adapt quite easily to that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

At the moment we have strengthened our squad. That is the main aim of the January window.

Yep, we've strengthened the right side, good stuff, Zeefuick looks a brilliant player. Now we need a couple more.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Yep, we've strengthened the right side, good stuff, Zeefuick looks a brilliant player. Now we need a couple more.

It will be great if the squad can be improved further. But if nothing else happens, I will be happy enough. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

It will be great if the squad can be improved further. But if nothing else happens, I will be happy enough. 

I'd love to see us buy someone who can chip in with some goals so we aren't relying on Brereton as much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd love to see us buy someone who can chip in with some goals so we aren't relying on Brereton as much.

Bradley Dack

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What if Brereton gets injured.  Who will get enough goals to see rovers in promotion contention 

20-25 more points needed from 18 games. 2016/17 relegation side averaged a better points per game ratio - I think we’ll be alright to be honest

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

How happy will you be with it if Kaminski gets an injury?

I am making my statement about what has actually happened at the moment. I do not speculate on something that may or may not happen in the future. My crystal ball is off-line.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am making my statement about what has actually happened at the moment. I do not speculate on something that may or may not happen in the future. My crystal ball is off-line.

The process of ensuring your squad is good enough absolutely involves asking where an injury will put you in hot water.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Bradley Dack

You can't rely on a player that's been out so long, it's going to take a while before he's fully match fit and we need players in now. We won't get another bite at the Premier League for a while.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The process of ensuring your squad is good enough absolutely involves asking where an injury will put you in hot water.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So are you advocating that we should buy another keeper to go along with the four we already have, incase the best one of them gets injured ?

19 minutes ago, booth said:

People talking about the play offs have forgotten how utterly anxiety inducing the play offs are, it's torture.

Quite literally a lottery. Position, form, everything goes out of the window. That’s why the final few days of the transfer window are so important as that second place is begging to be taken.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

So are you advocating that we should buy another keeper to go along with the four we already have, incase the best one of them gets injured ?

No, I'm advocating that we acquire a second choice keeper that won't throw the ball into the back of the net under minimal pressure.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The budget had to be slashed at the time due to Mowbray and Waggott leading us into severe FFP problems.

There should be a lot more leeway given the owners bailed us out yet again with the accounting exercise on Brockhall and subsequently with the Armstrong money hitting the accounts during the current FFP cycle so agree wholeheartedly about the need for a calculated gamble on going up over the next few days.

I don't believe there is any leeway whatsoever in the FFP calculations. The trainIng ground "profit" only keeps the loss to about the £13m level of the previous season. This seasons loss can be expected to be around £13m even after the c£10m profit om Armstrong. There is no scope for a sizeable transfer fee if the 3 season aggregate loss is to kept below the £39m limit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, I'm advocating that we acquire a second choice keeper that won't throw the ball into the back of the net under minimal pressure.

You would have thought Mowbray would have already done that. But no he bought Pears. I agree entirely that we need a better second keeper, but in our present financial situation, I would say if we do spend money it could be used better than getting a player that is unlikely to play for the first team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alcd said:

I don't believe there is any leeway whatsoever in the FFP calculations. The trainIng ground "profit" only keeps the loss to about the £13m level of the previous season. This seasons loss can be expected to be around £13m even after the c£10m profit om Armstrong. There is no scope for a sizeable transfer fee if the 3 season aggregate loss is to kept below the £39m limit. 

Not sure how this season's loss would be at previous levels having lost eleven players from the squad in the summer and even if that were correct there is still the safety net of a Brereton sale in summer should we fail to go up.

Would get £15m for him even on a bad day surely.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Quite literally a lottery. Position, form, everything goes out of the window. That’s why the final few days of the transfer window are so important as that second place is begging to be taken.

Definitely need to be gunning for a top 2 place.

My concern is that our squad might just not be enough to get us there.

Edited by davulsukur