BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Similar teams in similar positions, got to be a draw coming up here.

Tickets don't appear to be on sale online ?

They were a couple of days ago. Could they be sold out?!

is this a record - two out of the last three game previews started by away fans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

They were a couple of days ago. Could they be sold out?!

is this a record - two out of the last three game previews started by away fans?

Not on there tonight but if there isn't a lot left maybe they've taken them down.  Must be a hell of a long time since we sold 2k for stoke but you never know. The youth revolution is catching fire it's just a pity the home support isn't as buoyant as the away, unless it's £14.60 of course 😆

• DE. changed the title to v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21
  • DE. pinned this topic

Ordinarily I'd see an away point here as a very good one, but it seems as though it's a very good time to play the Potters with their absentees. 

Big opportunity of our midfield three of Travis, Rothwell and Buckley to dominate the game with their lack of a proper holding midfielder. Powell missing is a bonus too.

Going for an optimistic 1-3 Rovers. 

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Notice there’s a lot of ‘no sales on the day’ this season - ‘’cos o’ covid”, obviously!

I thought there's something unusual about that this season it seems like they don't want people arriving unannounced at a lot of grounds.

Another industry using the old 'rona' as an excuse for something else.

I'm one of those who only knows if i can be free to go either later on Friday or Sat morning so with no pay on the day it's a no show.  You'd easily get a few hundred extra pitching up on the day for one like this, football pissing fans off yet again !

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Ordinarily I'd see an away point here as a very good one, but it seems as though it's a very good time to play the Potters with their absentees. 

Big opportunity of our midfield three of Travis, Rothwell and Buckley to dominate the game with their lack of a proper holding midfielder. Powell missing is a bonus too.

Going for an optimistic 1-3 Rovers. 

Didn't realise they were missing a few. Huge if we can get a win here mentally 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Didn't realise they were missing a few. Huge if we can get a win here mentally 

Neither did I, but I had a quick scan on their forum and they're really struggling in midfield. They have Vrancic and Sawyers, so they have decent quality there, but you wouldn't describe either of them as ball winners. After that it seems as though they have literally nobody. Didn't realise how unpopular Joe Allen is over there, but there are plenty saying that he'll be missed just as someone to fill a shirt.

Having said all that they were still bang unlucky not to get something from Bristol City away, so they've obviously still got the players to be dangerous, but if I were Rothwell I'd be licking my lips at this game. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Neither did I, but I had a quick scan on their forum and they're really struggling in midfield. They have Vrancic and Sawyers, so they have decent quality there, but you wouldn't describe either of them as ball winners. After that it seems as though they have literally nobody. Didn't realise how unpopular Joe Allen is over there, but there are plenty saying that he'll be missed just as someone to fill a shirt.

Having said all that they were still bang unlucky not to get something from Bristol City away, so they've obviously still got the players to be dangerous, but if I were Rothwell I'd be licking my lips at this game. 

That’s about the size of it.. Allen suspended, Powell injured, don’t think Thompson or Clucas will be fit. Our wing back Tymon may have to fill in, which he’s done before to reasonably good effect to be fair. Crossing fingers but if you’ve got any steel and guile in there you’ll play through us piss easy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

That’s about the size of it.. Allen suspended, Powell injured, don’t think Thompson or Clucas will be fit. Our wing back Tymon may have to fill in, which he’s done before to reasonably good effect to be fair. Crossing fingers but if you’ve got any steel and guile in there you’ll play through us piss easy.

We have both when it suits us, but as you might have already gathered, we don't show it every week!

• Like 1

The club would be making a huge song and dance about it if we were close to selling the 2k allocation.

Think around 1500 or so is about right usually for Stoke.

Big game, but still don't see us having enough about us to beat someone above us in the league, especially away from home.

1-1 or a 2-1 defeat.

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The club would be making a huge song and dance about it if we were close to selling the 2k allocation.

Think around 1500 or so is about right usually for Stoke.

Big game, but still don't see us having enough about us to beat someone above us in the league, especially away from home.

1-1 or a 2-1 defeat.

They have a lot of injuries and recent form is poor so good time to play them. I'll go for a tight game and 1 nil to Rovers

Team for me (lets matchup 3 at the back) : 

-------------Kaminski

-----Lenihan---Johnson----Wharton

Nyambe----Travis----Rothwell-----Pickering

-----------------Buckley

-----------Dolan--------BBD

Wrote it out and it's the same team that finished against Peterborough. 

A fully fit Ayala and JRC in that team would be very formidable I think. JRC has got his detractors but his delivery is excellent and he has a great engine to get up and down the right when he's not injured. Having someone who can cross in that role will make a big difference. Ayala is one of the best defenders in the Championship of the last 10 years.

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Team for me (lets matchup 3 at the back) : 

-------------Kaminski

-----Lenihan---Johnson----Wharton

Nyambe----Travis----Rothwell-----Pickering

-----------------Buckley

-----------Dolan--------BBD

Wrote it out and it's the same team that finished against Peterborough. 

A fully fit Ayala and JRC in that team would be very formidable I think. JRC has got his detractors but his delivery is excellent and he has a great engine to get up and down the right when he's not injured. Having someone who can cross in that role will make a big difference. Ayala is one of the best defenders in the Championship of the last 10 years.

As much as he let everyone down vs Fulham, I liked what I saw in Van Hecke until that point, so I'd have him there in front of Johnson. Other than that, that's the team I'd go for with Khadra to come on from the bench. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

As much as he let everyone down vs Fulham, I liked what I saw in Van Hecke until that point, so I'd have him there in front of Johnson. Other than that, that's the team I'd go for with Khadra to come on from the bench. 

Ya, agreed. Johsnson could play there, but he had a stroll in the park against Peterborough , so its not a barometer 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, agreed. Johsnson could play there, but he had a stroll in the park against Peterborough , so its not a barometer 

Agree, I wouldn't especially mind Johnson there if we're playing at home or against a team we should dominate - if we're playing three at the back then you need someone there who can play a bit as well as defend. 

I worry about Steven Fletcher though. With some pace around him too it's definitely a tougher prospect than it was against Peterborough. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree, I wouldn't especially mind Johnson there if we're playing at home or against a team we should dominate - if we're playing three at the back then you need someone there who can play a bit as well as defend. 

I worry about Steven Fletcher though. With some pace around him too it's definitely a tougher prospect than it was against Peterborough. 

Ya, e's a big strong lad. My concern with Van heck is he could get sucked into a physical battle. I remember us keeping Fletcher well shackled when he has played us though

I think they have plenty to fear from us 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

They have a lot of injuries and recent form is poor so good time to play them. I'll go for a tight game and 1 nil to Rovers

Three wins in a row before Wednesday and they deserved something at Bristol City?

Still if Powell isn't playing that's good news, given the number of times he has scored against us.

• Like 3