BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

I reckon the trains tomorrow are going to be all over the place, because it's going to be windy ?

Possible, although the wind on the west of the country is strong but not exceptional - 30-40mph gusts. Had we been at Boro or Hull it would be a real concern.

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm worried about Van Heck in a back 3 i'm no fan of Johnson  but would probably have him start if they are going that way.

To tell you the truth, at the right price ( a couple of million ) I would take Van Heck. I quite like his physicality in games, but that is purely personnal.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

To tell you the truth, at the right price ( a couple of million ) I would take Van Heck. I quite like his physicality in games, but that is purely personnal.

I agree and i like him as well its been good to see someone physical and willing to get forwards as well.  Just think he's a bit raw for some of the complicated stuff our mon tries.  He was all over the place v Fulham before he got sent off as they closed him and our back line down forcing panic.

Mind you Edun going missing all night to one side of him didn't help so maybe having Pickering would make a difference.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, e's a big strong lad. My concern with Van heck is he could get sucked into a physical battle. I remember us keeping Fletcher well shackled when he has played us though

I think they have plenty to fear from us 

Yes for me Johnson is better in the air and stronger. I like Van Hecke whose a mobile defender, but I think with Lenihan and Wharton either side Johnson suits that middle role.

With QPR playing Monday and Coventry up against Bournemouth we could be in our best position for some time come 5pm tomorrow....

I've got a bad feeling about it though (sorry). They've only lost once at home this season, we've only won twice. Combined with us famously shitting ourselves when threatening the top 6 😕

I'd be more confident with Ayala playing BUT if Wharton and Darragh continue to play well there's always a chance.

Head says 2-1 Stoke but I'd be delighted to be completely wrong 🤞

Great time to play Stoke.

We are rolling and they have key absentees.

Unbelievably generous odds on Rovers' win at almost 3/1 on one of the exchanges.  Lumped on and fully expect Rovers' cash machine to keep paying out!  Also stuck a tenner on 3-1 to Rovers at 40/1.  Fill yer boots.

Edited by Mercer

53 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Unbelievably generous odds on Rovers' win at almost 3/1 on one of the exchanges.  Lumped on and fully expect Rovers' cash machine to keep paying out!  Also stuck a tenner on 3-1 to Rovers at 40/1.  Fill yer boots.

I don't remember seeing your bets against peterborough in that match thread? I'd have thought you'd made a packet in that game. Rovers to win with Diaz to score or similar?

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Oh Christ - we’re doomed.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

With QPR playing Monday and Coventry up against Bournemouth we could be in our best position for some time come 5pm tomorrow....

I've got a bad feeling about it though (sorry). They've only lost once at home this season, we've only won twice. Combined with us famously shitting ourselves when threatening the top 6 😕

I'd be more confident with Ayala playing BUT if Wharton and Darragh continue to play well there's always a chance.

Head says 2-1 Stoke but I'd be delighted to be completely wrong 🤞

I'm with you. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but this game has a Rovers loss written all over it. 

Mowbray did well to stabilise the ship after the embarrassment against Fulham (I still think that he should have gone after that debacle), but winning against bottom half teams when required is par for the course. Beating top 6 sides when there's a chance to break into said top 6 is kryptonite to his teams. 

Rovers are currently in 7th, 12 points behind top and 13 ahead of 21st. As has been said, in this mediocre league a playoff spot is within reach for any side capable of halfway organising themselves. Brereton is scoring goals, having Ayala fit is paramount.

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

This is the type of game we lose. 

Physical side, dark arts, and all that. They wont let us play and we will struggle to get through them. Plus, we'd be top 6 if we won, so not happening is it. 3-1 Stoke.

I agree! Have been thinking how much of a milestone it would be to win, at Stoke and not go out with a little whimper following three good results. The fact that we always bottle it in these games also playing on my mind…on the flip side IF we win today, it could be a huge psychological boost heading towards the half way point.

Heart says a narrow win, form guide says a draw, head says our expectations get dampened with a narrow defeat.

I'm prepared to go with my heart!! 

Kaminski

Lenihan   JPvH.  Wharton

Nyambe.  Travis.  Rothwell.  Pickering

Buckley

Dolan.                   BBD

Subs….Pears, Carter, Edun, Johnson, Clarkson, Butterworth, Khadra

Edited by Paul Mani

Huge game today. When was the last time we actually beat a team above us/around the playoffs in the league? Maybe Brentford 1-0 at home a couple years back? 

Such an opportunity to deliver a statement of intent by winning the game, rather then shutting up and trying to nick a draw. Come on Rovers!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Huge game today. When was the last time we actually beat a team above us/around the playoffs in the league? Maybe Brentford 1-0 at home a couple years back? 

Such an opportunity to deliver a statement of intent by winning the game, rather then shutting up and trying to nick a draw. Come on Rovers!

Agree.

Time to sh1t or get off the pot.

37 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

TM doesn't do statements, other than baffling ones about weak opposition. Sadly I think he will revert to type (or possibly tripe) at Stoke and we will be left wondering what might have been, instead of basking in reflected glory.

The opportunity is there - a weakened Stoke team, a consistent line up for Rovers playing with some signs of confidence and consistency, a mini-run of form and the chance to consolidate whilst others aren't playing.

Shouts "a kick in the balls" doesn't it??!!

Heart says Rovers to nick something 0-1

Head says don't be a bloody fool. 2-0 the Potters.

COYB!

• Like 1

Not sure i agree with some of the posts sounding like it's a make or break game, it isn't.  That kind of thing just leads to unnecessary pressure and gives TM and co ammunition when they are looking for excuses.

We have a good young side in a good position and nothing to lose really so he should be brave and look for a win. If we don't we bounce back soon as we can but please don't be going with the attitude of a must not lose game.  That's how we usually slip up in these games as in the past, just be brave defend like tigers and attack on the break.

Nothing to fear and no pressure as long as the desire is there.

• Like 4